Chapter 24 – Cooperation and Stallion
1k 8 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Are you serious?” Asked Crusch as she put on a serious face.

Her knight, Felix, put 2 cups of tea in front of Arturia and Crusch each. Arturia thanked Felix and he nodded his head to answer Arturia.

Arturia looked at Crusch with a serious face and said, “I am. My Knight had confirmed it.” She glanced at Reinhard and he bowed his head.

“That’s correct. The informant’s clearly said that it was a big whale that fly in the sky. He said that he knew the location where the beast would appear too. I believe that he’s not lying because he said that there is an Archbishop among the witch cult that will appear in the near future.”

Crusch narrowed her eyes and touched her chin with her right hand, “If that’s the case, then the possibility of Hakugei will appear in the said location would be high. But, why should I help you? I can find the informant and ask the informant about the location where Hakugei would appear myself.”

Subaru’s body flinched when he heard that. But, he tried to keep his calm as to not spoil Arturia’s plan. He glanced at Arturia and saw her smiling with closed eyes.

“In that case, I can hunt Hakugei myself. I am confident to take it down by myself. I am here to propose cooperation because I know that no one would believe me for taking down the Hakugei by myself even if Reinhard is stating that I defeat the Hakugei myself.”

Crusch was wavering in her decision as she heard Arturia. She remembered her duel with Julius, one of the strong knights in Lugnica, and she could defeat him easily.

Also Reinhard’s word in the conference. He was not lying. Crusch who had Divine Protection of Wind Indication, she could tell when someone was lying. And he, Reinhard didn’t tell a single lie in the conference. The strongest person in Lugnica, no, he could be the strongest person in the world had said that he can’t beat Arturia, the girl in front of her.

As a ruler, Crusch was confident with her ability. Arturia also didn’t tell any lie when she said that she could take Hakugei down by herself. So, what she meant in this negotiation was that she wanted Crusch to witness her strength. In exchange, the achievement of taking down Hakugei will be shared for both camps.

Crusch understood Arturia’s plan, she wanted recognition for her strength. Not from her, but from the mercenaries that she hired.

After Crusch went silent for a while, Arturia extended her right hand towards Crusch and asked, “How is it? Do you agree to cooperate with me? I just wanted to protect the people from the danger of Hakugei if you wanted to know my goal.”

Once again, Crusch was surprised. What Arturia said just now was not a lie. Finally, she smiled and took Arturia’s hand.

“I will be counting on you.”

Arturia smiled back at Crusch and said, “I am counting on you too.”

***

“That went better from what we expected.” Said Reinhard as he walked behind Arturia.

They left Karsten’s Mansion as soon as the negotiation was concluded. Arturia was the one who wanted to leave because she wanted to look for a mount for herself. She was still wearing her dress because it would be strange if she left the mansion if she suddenly changed into Knight’s uniform.

“Yes, I didn’t expect she will accept my offer just like that. But that was good, right Sir Reinhard? She agreed to cooperate with us in taking down the White Whale!”

“So, Milady. Shall we go to look for your mount? Which one do you prefer?” Asked Reinhard.

Arturia looked at Reinhard over her shoulder and smiled, “I wanted the white one.”

Reinhard smiled wryly at the act of his lady. She was sometimes acted like an adult, but she was often acted like a child who saw a new toy when they were together.

The change of her personality while dealing with important matters really amazed Reinhard. That was why he wanted to work hard for her sake.

“Let’s see Julius then, Milady. Although it was just a verbal promise, we had allied ourselves with Anastasia Holsten’s camp too through Julius. If it’s through him, then maybe you could find the mount of your choice.”

Arturia stopped on her track and turned to look at Reinhard at a high speed with shining eyes. She raised her hand and shouted.

“What are we waiting for then? Let’s go!” She pulled Reinhard’s hand and walked faster than before.

Reinhard just followed her whim with a smile on his face.

‘Something like this is nice for once in a while.’ Thought Reinhard.

***

Arturia and Reinhard were standing in front of a row of Ground Dragons. They were waiting for Julius so he could show them the mount that Arturia desired.

After waiting for a while, Julius arrived while bringing a white Ground Dragon that was bigger than the other Ground Dragons in front of Arturia.

“I’m sorry that I am a bit late. This Ground Dragon was a bit fierce, so I need time to bring it here.” Julius said while pulling over the Ground Dragon with the rope that was attached to its head.

Arturia looked at the Ground Dragon that was brought by Julius and her eyes shined. It was perfect for Arturia. She approached the Ground Dragon and extended her hand towards the Ground Dragon’s mouth.

Julius was a bit terrified when Arturia suddenly extended her hand towards the Ground Dragon’s mouth. He was a bit afraid that the Ground Dragon would bite her hand. But, on the contrary of his expectation, the Ground Dragon lowered its face and nuzzled its head on Arturia’s hand.

After a while, it approached Arturia and nuzzled its head on Arturia’s nape.

“Hahahaha, I like this one!”

Both Reinhard and Julius were surprised by the Ground Dragon’s act. Ground Dragon was a proud creature, they never saw a Ground Dragon act like a pet like this.

Arturia stepped back from the Ground Dragon and put her hands on her waist. She looked up at the Ground Dragon and nodded her head.

“I decided! I will take you and give you a name Stallion!”

Arturia looked proud when she said that. Why not? Because Stallion was taken from the name of the horse of Arturia Lancer, Dun Stallion. It was natural to name her mount after that horse.

Julius released his hand from the rope that he held.

The Ground Dragon, Stallion, approached Arturia slowly and bent his head in front of Arturia. Arturia petted his head and said.

“I will be counting on you in the future, Stallion.”

There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 29 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

47