Chapter 28 – Fighting Hakugei
893 1 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wilhelm had reached the Hakugei first and he jumped on top of its body. The mercenaries also reached the Hakugei and began to launch their attack.

The whale was struggling and trying to fly again, but Wilhelm stabbed his sword on its back and he began to run while his sword was buried on Hakugei’s body.

The sword created a wound to Hakugei as Wilhelm dragged it in his run. The Hakugei was crying in pain until finally Wilhelm arrived at Hakugei’s eyes and stabbed it with his sword. The eye was gouged and Wilhelm stood on top of Hakugei’s head while raising his sword in victory.

The mercenaries shouted in delight as they raised their weapons. At that time, Arturia had a bad feeling.

She looked at Hakugei and she jumped to Stallion before shouting. “Run! Move away from that beast!”

Reinhard and the other were surprised by Arturia’s shout. Especially Crusch. However, Wilhelm had a lot of experience when dealing with monsters and people. He trust Arturia’s word and then jumped down the Hagukei before running away.

The other mercenaries followed Wilhelm’s lead and run away from the beast. After they gained a distance from Hakugei, the beast had started to release a mist around its body.

Because the sun had set, the mist was not too visible from where Arturia was. She looked at Crusch and saw her having a terrified expression on her face. With no other choice, Arturia jumped down from Stallion once again and run towards the Hakugei.

“Milady!” Reinhard was shouting from behind and he jumped off his Ground Dragon too. He followed Arturia from behind and managed to catch her up in no time.

“Milady, the mist is dangerous! Please fall back!” Reinhard said to Arturia as they ran towards Hakugei. Arturia looked at Reinhard and give him a reassuring smile.

The mercenaries passed them and looked at them with disbelief. Finally, Wilhelm had passed her too. When they passed each other, Arturia said.

“Leave it to me.”

Wilhelm stopped on his track and his gaze followed Arturia and Reinhard. That small girl who was even smaller than his wife was saying to leave the Hakugei to her.

Wilhelm can’t leave it alone. He turned and ran towards the Hakugei, following Arturia and Reinhard.

From behind, a sound of something fired to the sky was sounded. The sky was exploded and the miniature sun appeared in the sky.

Arturia looked at it and was surprised. The dark sky had become bright, and she could see Hakugei past the mist.

Arturia smiled and let mana flow inside her body. Her unbelievable speed had become faster, and she ran inside the mist towards the Hakugei.

Reinhard was surprised and he increased his speed too. Unfortunately, Wilhelm was not able to follow the speed of those two. So he stopped on his track and watched them with a pained expression.

“Don’t die, please.” He muttered as he stood in the middle of the plain before he turned away once again to get his Ground Dragon.

Arturia can’t see anything further than 10 meters inside the mist. That’s why she raised her sword. The sword began to let out a golden glow, and she shouted.

“For those who are brave enough, FOLLOW ME! Let us slay this monster!”

The whale seemed to be attracted by Arturia’s shout, it began to fly again after recovering its lost body part with an unknown method and dived towards Arturia.

“Milady!”

Reinhard shouted and looked up to the sky. Arturia instantly knew what was coming. She jumped at the same time as Reinhard and the Hakugei crashed their previous location a second ago.

The body of Hakugei was riddled with wounds. Its remaining eye had become red. More importantly, some parts of his skin were opened and it was the one who created the mist.

“Sir Reinhard! Are you able to draw your sword?!” Arturia shouted at Reinhard while they were landing on top of Hakugei.

“No, but I got this sword from the ground!” Reinhard answered Arturia as he showed Arturia a steel sword that he held in his left hand.

“That’s enough! Let’s stop the mist!”

After she said that, Arturia stabbed Caliburn on Hakugei’s body and used mana burst to travel faster. She arrived at the tail of Hakugei in less than a second, creating a wound because of her sword. Blood sprouted up from Hakugei’s body, dirtying Arturia’s dress and face. But she didn’t mind it.

She quickly turned around and dragged her sword that was stabbed into Hakugei’s body, attacking the part of Hakugei that released the mist.

“Awoooo!” Hakugei began to gain more elevation and he twisted his body around to make Arturia and Reinhard fall.

Reinhard was also doing the same thing as Arturia. He ran around on top of Hakugei’s body and slashed the part of its body that was releasing the mist. A few seconds after they did that, a person jumped on top of Hakugei’s body and began to drag his sword to slash the Hakugei.

“Sorry for the delay, let me kill this monster!”

Wilhelm appeared from the mist on top of Hakugei's body and began to run again. Every part of Hakugei that released the mist was injured in no time and Hakugei released a cry again.

Reinhard looked at Wilhelm with a smile before he jumped down the Hakugei, “Milady! Let’s attack from the ground!”

Arturia nodded her head and jumped down the Hakugei too, “Wilhelm! Let’s go down!”

Wilhelm looked at Arturia for a second before he shook his head.

“I will do it here.” He then began slashing around and jumped on the head of Hakugei after he said that.

Arturia and Reinhard landed safely and she looked up at the Hakugei. She saw Wilhelm take a stance and then slashed the horn of Hakugei, cutting it off cleanly.

He jumped down after that and landed beside Arturia. The horn that was cut began to fall to the ground and made a tremor.

“Awooo!” The Hakugei began to open its mouth and created the mist again, surrounding the body with it.

The next thing that they know, countless screams began to sound on the battlefield behind them. Arturia’s feeling had become restless, and she put mana on her sword and slashed it upward. The slash generated a wind that parted the mist, making the sky clear once again.

Another slash was sent from the back, clearing the battlefield from the mist. The one who sent that flying slash was Crusch, and she approached Arturia.

“This is bad, we had lost more than we thought from the mist.” Crusch said to Arturia with a worried tone.

But, Arturia didn’t even gaze at Crusch. She looked up at the sky and said, “You’re right. This is bad.”

Arturia had a strained smile on her face. Reinhard caught on and he looked up at the sky. His eyes were widened in surprise.

“There are three whales?” Said Reinhard.

Crusch and Wilhelm were surprised and then they looked up at the sky.

“This is not possible!” Exclaimed Crusch.

Arturia strained her eyes and then managed to see it clearly, “Crusch-sama. Can you give me a time? I need more time than earlier, at least I need 30 seconds.”

Crusch paused for a while before nodding her head and saying, “Leave it to me. I will take the right one”

Wilhelm also nodded his head, “I will take care left one.” He then looked at Reinhard with a serious face and said.

“You will protect young lady here. Protect her.” He made sure to say it twice to Reinhard.

Reinhard hardened his face and answered, “I will.”


There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 33 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

42