Chapter 32 – Sin Archbishop of Witch Cult
861 2 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arturia unsheathed Caliburn without saying anything and shouted.

“Wilhelm! I leave the one in the rear to you!”

Wilhelm who heard Arturia shout immediately jumped down from his ground dragon and made his way toward the rear.

Arturia took a battle stance and looked at Regulus with a serious face, ready for whatever the man had.

“You see, I hate fighting. Why do you pointing your sword at me?” Regulus said with an annoyed face.

“I heard almost everything about witch-cult, and I found what your organization did as something unpleasant, destroying, pillaging, killing the civilians and wanting to revive the witch that wanted to destroy the world, are you sane?!”

Regulus scowl deepened and he raised his chin.

“I never did that! You didn’t hear me, right? I hate fighting!”

“Then why are you blocking our way! The killing intent that you have toward us, it apparent!” Shouted Arturia as she gripped her Caliburn tighter.

Arturia still had a lot of mana left, but Caliburn can’t handle any more big attack from her. She had pushed Caliburn to the limit in the battle against Hakugei, and now Caliburn need time to fix the damage from the attack.

If possible, Arturia wanted to have a talk with the man in front of her, but although she was naïve, she wasn’t a fool. The man in front of her that called himself Sin Archbishop of Witch Cult was dangerous.

“It’s strange, I never had any intention about it at all!” As Regulus said that, an explosion happened from the rear where Wilhelm headed to.

Crusch who was surprised by the appearance of the Witch Cult snapped out of her thought and turned to look at the rear.

Arturia still looking at Regulus without breaking eye contact. It was a dangerous situation, so Arturia chose to believe in her comrade behind her, she will believe in Wilhelm.

But, that didn’t last long. Wilhelm's body was blown away from the rear and crashed on Arturia’s right, not far from where she standing.

Arturia immediately looked at her right and saw Wilhelm’s bloodied hand.

Felix, as an experienced knight and healer immediately made his way toward Wilhelm and jumped down his ground dragon to heal him.

In that instant moment, an invisible attack reached Arturia, but it was blocked by her magic resistance, showing that something invisible that hit her was magic, and it was magic below B rank.

“Hou, you were able to block that!” Regulus expressed his surprise with only his expression. His hand was still raised, it was because he used his hand to attack Arturia with his ability.

“What is that?” Asked Arturia as she lowered her stance.

“P-Pendragon-sama, be careful! There are two of them!” Wilhelm used all his strength to stand up and warned Arturia.

“Wilhelm! Leave the rest to me, for now, you must recover your wound!” Crusch gallantly jumped down from her ground dragon and unsheathed her sword as she looked to the Rear.

A strange person with long dark green hair and a dark blue coat walked from the rear toward their direction while holding two bloodied knives. He had sharp teeth and he was slouching as he walked toward them.

“Oh my! I keep eating but it’s not enough!”

The man shouted as he kept walking. Crush took her stance and shouted.

“Who are you?! Identify yourself!”

As the man walked, the troops that came back from the expedition began to run toward him with their swords raised and attacked him.

The hunchback man unexpectedly just walking, but when the troops reached him, Crusch realized something.

“Stop!!!” She shouted on top of her lungs, but it was late.

The hunchback man moved at a fast speed and killed all the people that attacked him. Corpses collapsed and filled the ground, and the man finally introduced himself.

“Sin Archbishop of the Witch Cult, representing Gluttony, Lye Batenkaitos!”

“Archbishop?!” Gasped Crusch in surprise. “But, why did two Archbishops from the Witch Cult in this place?! What is your goal!”

“We came here because we heard our pet had been slain, but look at this bounty! I expected them to be of good quality considering they managed to kill a beast that had been rampaging for 400 years. But this is beyond my expectation! Especially that man who attacked me first! He’s amazing! Making me want to eat him even more!”

“Enough! If you took a step forward again, I will kill you!” Crusch said as she pointed her sword towards Lye.

“Oh? I’m looking forward to it!”

***

While Crusch engaged Lye Batenkaitos, Arturia was too focused on Regulus to know what happened behind her.

“You don’t want to join them? I assure you that I am nothing like them, I hate fighting.” Said Regulus as he raised both of his hands.

“Unfortunately, I am not confident to leave you out of sight. If I compare the two of you, then you are stronger than him. I, as the strongest person in this place, will look out for your movement.”

Said Arturia as she accumulated mana, preparing mana burst at any moment's notice.

“That’s unfortunate.” Regulus shrugged his shoulder and shook his head. “Well, our pet was killed, so I wanted to get back at least a little too.”

As soon as Regulus said that, he moved his hand two times. Arturia saw his movement because it was rather slow compared to the usual knight, but he can’t see his attack.

As soon as he moved his hand, Arturia could feel a slash on her right shoulder and left stomach. She looked down on her stomach and saw a scratch on her dress, which was stronger than armor.

Her eyes widened in surprise and she changed her stance to protect her from slashes with her sword. If that attack earlier managed to scratch her even with her magic resistance, then that attack is dangerous, very dangerous.

“Wilhelm, Felix, run from here. Gain some distance from us, he even managed to bypass my magic resistance.” Said Arturia with a serious tone.

Both of them didn’t say anything, but they gritted their teeth and walked away from Arturia and Regulus. Felix kept healing the injured Wilhelm, and Crusch still hold her ground against Lye while being helped by the other knights and mercenaries.

“Amazing! You didn’t get injured even after taking that attack! I am intrigued, really intrigued!” Shouted Regulus with a crazy smile.

‘I can’t hold back against him.’ Thought Arturia.

She looked at her sword for a second before focusing her gaze on Regulus.

“I’m sorry in advance if I break you, Caliburn.” Muttered Arturia.


There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 37 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

40