Chapter 49 – Investigation
572 8 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After getting the information from the elder, Merlin made his way towards the forest where the battle had occurred.

He wanted to find a trace of mana that could be used to trace the Witch Cultist as well as make sure that the Sin Archbishop had really died.

A danger like Sin Archbishop wouldn’t die that easily. Merlin met the two of them, and he didn’t believe that the person who had the same position as the two of them really died while facing a Knight from Lugnica.

There was a matter of affinity, but there was nothing wrong with double-checking the situation directly.

“So this is the forest? From Frederick’s report, they said that they hunted the Witch Cultists called the Fingers first?”

Merlin walked deeper into the forest. There was a mark of battle.

The trees had slashing marks, the ground burned and gouged, and more importantly.

“There is a lot of blood mark.”

The grasses and bushes were covered in blood. It was already dry from the sun, but the traces were still there.

No rain washed the trace away, after all, the sun had shone brightly for the past days.

“There is a trace of mana being used in this area.”

Merlin approached one of the trees that had a slashing mark and touched it. The mark was not deep enough to cut the tree, but it was not shallow too.

“A Knight from Lugnica under that Julius Juukulius seems to be a bit skilled.”

Not only investigating the area, but Merlin also wanted to know the skill of the so-called Finest Knight by looking at the mark that was left by the battle.

Even though he looked like he was playing around in the Capital, he was actually gathering information about this unknown world.

Arturia didn’t reprimand him for playing around in the Capital was exactly because she knew what he had been doing.

His King was certainly still a bit naïve for now because of her origin, but she became better after her memories came back slowly.

Her rationality now had made her realize that this world was not as kind as she thought.

The Capital was indeed in peace, and Lugnica was a strong nation. But with the threat from the Witch Cult meeting with her on her way back of Hakugei’s subjugation, she knew that the Witch Cult would be involved in the future as well.

There was no way an organization that didn’t even afraid of the King Candidate would pull away after one of the Sin Archbishops was killed.

No, Arturia and Merlin didn’t even believe that the Sloth Archbishop was killed. Hence Merlin was investigating that matter right now.

“Magic was thrown around, but the source was from elemental… Spirit, huh? If I remember correctly, Julius Juukulius is a Spirit User.”

Arturia wasn’t allowed to hurt Elemental, no, she wouldn’t be allowed to lift one of the restrain when fighting Elemental. Merlin himself didn’t know whether the Spirit in this world was an Elemental.

“The trace is similar to Elemental, but they are weaker.”

Merlin continued his investigation, this time he walked to the cave near the battle area. Frederick and Ryan didn’t know how the Sin Archbishop died, so Merlin hoped to find at least a remnant of the Witch Cultists in the area.

Clothes or anything, he wanted to find something so he could guess which area the Witch Cultist was hiding.

That way, he could use his Clairvoyance to monitor the suspected area.

He could always use his Clairvoyance to monitor the whole world, but he still didn’t know the power that govern this world, so he chose a safer measure.

“If I accidentally found the hiding place of the witch, it would be troublesome.” Merlin muttered to himself and then laughed happily.

He didn’t mind finding a witch and meeting her face to face, but his King would get a headache about it.

“My King is aiming to be a Kind King in this time, so I need to do my best to help her, don’t I?”

Merlin arrived in front of the cave and looked at it with interest. He felt a rather nasty feeling came from inside the cave.

He was a bit sensitive to feelings, emotions because of his race. He touched his chin and then tapped his wand to the ground.

He was looking at the cave with his Clairvoyance, he didn’t want to enter it. And as he had expected, a lot of nasty things were scattering around inside the cave.

Corpses, a lot of corpses that looked like they were tortured before they died.

Merlin’s face contorted into an ugly frown. The expression was gone almost immediately, and he let out a sigh before turning around, leaving the cave.

“Well, My King must pass this wall alone, I will keep silent for now. I can’t tell her about anything if this is how this world work.”

He realized that this world was actually only a little bit different from their homeworld.

The things that made the two worlds the same were the humans and the ones who pursue Magic.

Merlin noticed that Witch Cultists had some plan, a goal that they pursue without caring about the other.

Deep inside, the Witch Cult was similar to Clock Tower. The cultists were similar to Magus.

The only difference between them was Magus's strife to reach the Root, while the Cultists’ goal seems to be reaching Satella, the Witch of Envy.

Merlin looked up at the sky and lamented. He loves humans but he would never take the last step to cross the wall.

“She also need to grow used to this world.”

Merlin looked forward and began to walk again. This time, his destination was the Capital of Lugnica, back to Arturia.

He had a duty to make Arturia the King, and after his duty was over.

“After that, maybe I will look at this world a little. Playing around with My King’s Knights, and then I’ll just do what I always do.”

It was something that he used to do, something that he, an immortal must bear. His King was also immortal, or so to speak, but she had a lot of duty after she become a King, he must not bother her.

“Disappearing from everybody’s memory. Well, it’s just the usual, but this alone, I can never get used to it.”

With a refreshing smile on his face, Merlin was looking forward to what his King do in the future.


There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 54 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

24