Ch-35 Selling torches
188 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What? You're planning to do something?" Daoist Po asked with some alertness in his tone.

Guo nine nodded his head and said "Yes, Are you interested? Don't worry it won't be something crazy."

Daoist Po looked suspicious. "First tell me, what you're going to do and how it will benefit me."

He always felt that this kid had some mysteriousness in him and couldn't fathom this kid's mind even after living with him for two weeks.

He knew the backstory of Guo nine, but nine from the past and nine from the present, act completely different from each other. It is like they both were completely different people.

Sometimes, Daoist Po would even feel like Guo nine is much more experienced than him.

He always had this vague feeling, but just couldn't grab a hold on it.

Guo nine noticed Daoist Po having a look of curiosity and concluded that he had picked his interest.

"I want you to help our family in the upcoming monster/beast tide to accumulate enough contribution points, and ask for some precious lands from the Ji kingdom. I will participate as well."

"In return, I will give you a spiritual soul level cultivation technique for fire root."

'What?!!!.....' Daoist Po didn't know what to say in this kind of situation.

At first, he was about to reject the deal, but the benefit he would get was far better that he had expected!!!. 'A spiritual soul technique…...it is very hard to come by. How did this kid get one?.'

Daoist Po speculated that maybe the previous family head may have found the technique inside some ruin, and gave it to Guo nine as a secret treasure of the family.

 

As a wandering cultivator, he didn't have good techniques for his cultivation. Only some low-end techniques, which he had stolen from other people.

He didn't have a way to break through to the nascent soul realm, so he wandered and researched lots of aurora core techniques for a long time, before finally creating a half-baked Nascent soul technique of his own.

He wasn't much confident about whether it could help him in breakthrough to the nascent soul realm, but he had no other choice, otherwise he would die. He couldn't use the technique because his own realm was advancing very slowly, but after becoming a member of the martial palace, his cultivation speed skyrocketed and he felt that he could make a deal to get nascent soul technique from someone in the palace.

Who would have thought that, Guo nine would have a spiritual soul realm technique. that too of the fire root!!.

If he got a Spiritual soul realm technique with a fire root, then he could use it as a base to perfect his own self created technique.

With the perfected technique, he would be able to become a nascent soul expert!!.

What is a nascent soul realm? Experts of this level will have a significant influence in any part of the world and they can also roam the world freely.

 

Guo nine noticed some excitement hidden in the eyes of Daoist Po, he knew that he was hooked, so he said "Let's make a contract in the next meeting."

Daoist Po after some thinking, nodded his head to show his agreement.

Although he didn't want any trouble from other people, he still had to trouble himself for the sake of that spiritual soul realm technique.

With this, Daoist Po walked out of his room and started training in the training ground like a standard cultivator.

*******

Inside the Neng county, Bhatian came back through a portal and went outside to tend to Weng's injuries.

Everyone saw Bhatian hurrying past them, and wondered why she was in such a hurry.

Mingxi came and stood in front of the door of Weng's room to knock on it.

Knock knock knock…..

No responses.

She again knocked, but this time there was a reaction!

The door slowly opened, and from there came out a severely injured Weng.

There was blood all over his body and also many small injuries, which just attributed to his savagery and tyrannical presence. Others became afraid except Mengxi.

"Mr. Weng!!" Mengxi suddenly ran forward and held his body to support him.

Looking at her actions, Weng said politely, "Relax, I'm not going to die so early, I still have to take my revenge and travel the so-called galaxy."

"Galaxy?...." Mengxi didn't know what Weng was saying, so she asked about it.

Weng didn't explain anything and slowly walked ahead to sit down on a chair.

After sittin down, he looked at Bhatian and asked "When will you start the business miss Bhatian?"

Bhatian didn't sit down and just stood silently as a show of respect for Weng.

"We would probably start selling the torches by today morning. Right now, it is early in the morning. We even used your men to spread word about torches to the people and cultivators in the county."

"It seems like it had a good impact and many people have already gathered around our shop to buy torches."

After telling him everything, Bhatian turned her head to look at the boxes of torches on the side of the room.

Weng and others also turned their heads to look at the boxes.

"What unique item torches are. I wonder where Mr. No face came from."

Weng was curious about it.

Bhatian wasn't that much interested in knowing about that, after all her worldview was small.

The other people in the room didn't know who Mr. No Face was, they just thought that maybe he was a very powerful person, even more powerful than Mr Weng.

 

After a while, With rays of sunlight, morning finally appeared and shed its lights on the shop.

Bhatian's shop was filled to the brim with people.

When everyone saw the vast amount of people standing outside the shop, they were shocked senseless.

Chunxi and Yungxi both said "Woah…there are so many people outside the shop. It seems like Mr. No Face's torches would be sold pretty quickly."

Bhatian looked happy with the situation, so without any delay, she opened the shop's doors.

****

The people outside the shop themselves were shocked to see so many people and cultivators at the same time.

Some of them turned their heads to ask "Hey pal, are you here to buy the items called torches?"

Someone answered him "Yes, actually we are all here to buy torches. I heard that they are very useful tools for both cultivators and normal people. Do you know anything about its specific uses?"

The first guy said "Yes, I heard that the torches are items which are able to shed divine light out of its eye, through which you can see at night and even fight people. The most important thing about it is that torches don't consume one bit of your own qi or spiritual stones to function but something called batteries."

People secretly listening to their conversation were shocked.

"What a useful item! If it is true, then I will really buy it." Many low-leveled cultivators in the level of qi cultivation to foundation establishment were eager to try out these unique items known as troches.

It is very hard for cultivators to travel at night, even if they do, there would be many obstacles in their path.

People can use oil lamps and many other items for light, but they weren't as convenient as torches.

As much as they have heard about torches, it could be carried anywhere with them and very easily too.

It won't go out easily like oil lamps and won't need spiritual qi, they just have to buy some batteries that are much cheaper than using spiritual stones.

People were eagerly waiting for the shop to open, finally they saw the doors of the shop being opened by Bhatian.

She went outside and said "Price of one torch, including a set of batteries, are of three spiritual or martial stones. For normal people that aren't able to afford spiritual stones, they can take it on rent for a period of four days with the cost of 3 silver ingots."

The cultivators after hearing that they can take it on rent just for 3 silver ingots decided that they should just take it on rent.

Some of them even thought that they could've ran away after taking some torches from rent, but then they won't be able to come back and buy more batteries after that.

Thinking of this, they abandoned the idea of stealing.

After seeing the big commotion, Bhatian said something again.

"If you take it on rent, then you can only use it inside the city, you won't be able to take it outside with you."

"The torches would be of two different sizes. For buying, you will get a bigger torch, and for rent, you will get a smaller torch. If you are ever going outside the city, then you will be checked by the city guards before they let you go."

After her words finished, everyone saw a half-naked, big muscular guy with a bald head coming out from a shade.

People didn't notice him at first, as he was sitting inside a dark shade, but now they saw this monster-like guy coming out like a demon from a dark shadow that covered him.

Gulp gulp

Many people gulped out of fear.

After reaching Bhatian, Weng threateningly said "Don't even think about doing some shady things, otherwise…"

He released his martial artist realm aura and pressured everyone.

'!!!!He is a martial artist realm expert of the martial path!!. He is just as strong as the city lord Benong!!.'

This is what everyone was thinking, some were shocked and some were afraid.

A little number of people didn't care about his threat, as they had some backing.

These few people were leisurely looking at Weng, when suddenly an army-like group of people appeared with big thud sounds and stood behind Weng!.

There were hundreds of people, and all of them exuded the aura of at least Martial mortal or martial beginner realms!!!.

They all threateningly looked at these people.

The little number of people with some backing became pale faced, they decided that they would not mess with this mysterious shop owner, with an army of experts capable of destroying counties!.

Not only them, everyone decided to comply with the rules, after all nobody wanted to be chased around by these hundreds of muscular savages.

 

After everyone settled down, the shop finally opened for the people outside.

People kept pouring in a line, some took torches on rent and some directly bought it.

Out of the 10000 torches, 2000 were sold completely within four hours and the remaining 8000 were given on rent.

They earned a total of 6000 spiritual stones and 23000 silver ingots.

 

10