Ch-38 Look at my face, What do you see?
231 8 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at how Zhang was acting, evryone didn't know what to say for a while.

No one was responding to him, so Zhang was feeling a bit embarrassed.

'Haaaa, I feel so embarrassed, I don't usually act like this.'

Zhang was a shy and silent person in real life after all, so acting carefree and cool felt a bit cringe to him.

After a while, Ruan came back to his senses, and hurriedly moved forward to thank this mysterious expert.

He cupped his fist and bowed "We are very grateful for your help senior. Do you need something? If you need something, then I will try my best to repay you."

Looking at this weak looking old man with a hunched back, Zhang didn't know what to say.

He at first felt a bit of pity for this old man, thinking that he had become so old and weakly, but soon remembered that this was a different world with powerful beings.

'I will need to fix my mindset a bit, this old guy could even be some cruel and powerful person, he must be being respectful because he thinks that I am someone more powerful.'

After thiking about this for a while, he wondered whether his face was still featureless in this world, so he took out a small pocket sized mirror and checked his face.

'Woah...it is still featureless' 

Still, he wanted to check, whether people here were seeing the same featureless face.

Zhang looked at Ruan and replied lazily "No need for so much gratitude, just give me a good place to live and some hundreds and thousands of purple qi stones as compensation."

He wanted purple qi stones to quickly breakthrough realms and become stronger.

Ruan looked confused 'Thats it?...I can understand about a good place to live, but why purple qi stones? why would someone as powerful as you need something that only low to mid level cultivator or martial artist use?'

Though he was confused, he didn't think too much about it.

'Maybe it is for someone else…' he could only think of that reason.

"My sect will prepare a good place for senior to live in and also give a hundred thousand purple qi stones. You can rest assured."

After listening to him, Zhang was shocked and elated, but also a bit disappointed, because he could have asked for more of those stones.

Now, he couldn't just ask for more, otherwise his persona of a powerful expert will get a bit downgraded.

Zhang wanted them to think that the compensation he was asking for was just asked randomly on the spot by him, with no desire to really get them. He had asked them for just as a formality.

After their conversation ended, the muscular bodied guy came up and politely asked.

"Sir, I wonder whether you and Miss Futian know each other."

'Hm..Futian?' Zhang was confused at first before realising that the muscular guy must be asking about the green haired woman.

'Oh right…they must be thinking that I have some kind of relationship with this green haired girl, afterall i was teleported here exactly at the same time when she was being attacked.'

 

After realising this, Zhang thought for a while and decided to speak the truth.

"Actually, we don't know each other, I just teleported here randomly and saved her from being killed."

Hearing this mysterious expert's response, everyone was amazed.

'How lucky Miss Futian is, somehow a powerful expert randomly appeared to save her life.'

Just thiking about this weird coincidence made people excited or chuckle.

Ruan raised both his eyebrows with an understanding look.

"Oh!....so that's the reason." He looked at Futian with a 'You're very lucky' look.

Seeing the look that everyone was giving her, Futian felt awkward.

She sneakily turned her head to look at her shoulders and saw the expert was still keeping his hand on them. 'Sigh….can I be free?'

After a while of sighing, she became serious and opened her mouth.

"For saving my life, I will give senior two hundred thousand purple qi stones."

After her announcement, the other two sect masters also opened their mouths and said that they would give one hundred thousand purple qi stones to Zhang.

Hearing their words, Zhang almost fainted out of happiness. 'Hahahah!! I am rich!'

Zhang was also dumbfounded. He couldn't believe that his luck was so great today.

Though he still acted like he didn't care, and asked.

"So, what were you all doing here? I just came back to this world after thousands of years, so I don't know anything about what era this is. Can you tell me about the current situation in Dogma?"

Ruan and the others were just relaxing themselves, when they again jumped out of shock!.

'Came back to this world after thousands of years? Where were you till now? In some void dimension? And he even said Dogma.....is the name of our world Dogma? How does he know that?

They looked at each other and came to the same conclusion as the Lady Ming's group about Zhang's identity.

Futian was feeling an unsurmountable pressure from Zhang, the hand that was on her shoulder now felt even more heavier than before!.

She hesitatingly asked "Senior….ar..e you an Immortal?"

The moment she asked this, everyone straightened their back and became attentive.

They wanted to know about this too!.

Zhang carefreely looked at Futian, his featureless and creepy look prompted her to look away out of instinct.

Time passed slowly, people were waiting for his reply. Some were gulping out of nervousness, some people were afraid, Ruan had some sweat appearing on his forehead.

Suddenly, everyone heard his reply "I am not an immortal but someone more powerful. You can call me Mr. No face."

They noticed his voice becoming a bit serious while saying this.

"More powerful…..Mr. No face…" someone repeated through the crowd.

Others were confused but Ruan had a weird look, his heart skipped a beat.

'Someone more powerful...' Out of everyone present on the destroyed forest, he was probably the oldest cultivator alive, almost reaching a thousand year.

Throughout his life, researching about cultivation and the past histories of the world, he had heard many rumours regarding the existence of cultivation realms that surpased immortals. 

He was probably the only few people in the world that knows about it.

Right now after looking at Zhang, his arrival, his strength, his attitude, his presence everythingvmade Ruan believe that, maybe this being that called himself Mr. No face was an existence above immortals!.

Although others were confused, they didn't want to ask too much question and annoy Mr. No face, this potential immortal.

The sword cultivator answered Zhang "Sure senior, but not now, let's do it a bit later, first we should start the exploration this inheritance."

Zhang calmly replied "ok" to show his acceptance.

After a while, Ruan turned back and gave orders to his sect disciples and the three elders.

"Listen all of you! Continue your exploration, we will not let anything like that ever happen again, so rest assured and explore!."

Following his action, the other two sect masters also ordered their sect members to continue their exploration.

Futian put on her serious looking face and majestically ordered her sect members to follow the others.

She might have looked majestic, if not for her posture being bent, due to being held tightly by Zhang. Looking at their sect master like that, they felt a bit sad and also funny.

After getting orders from their respective sect masters, everyone again began preparing themselves for the exploration of the dome.

Zhang finally seriously examined the big dome that was made out of dirt and mud.

Looking at this dome, he thought 'Is this some kind of inheritance? and these sects are trying to explore it?'

Although Zhang was interested, he didn't want to go inside and explore, afterall he was still just a first stage qi cultivator.

From Ruan, he had heard that this dome might be an immortal inheritance.

The dangers that he might face during the exploration made him lose all his interest in it.

He turned his head to look at Futian and out of nowhere asked "Look at my face….what do you see?" In a mysterious way.

Futian lost her composure for a bit there, but still composed herself, before thinking about this out of the box question from Mr. No face.

'This question….sounds very deep, what should I say?'

She looked upwards to stare at Zhang's face and after a while just gave a simple answer.

"I see nothing."

"Ok" Zhang finally confirmed his doubt and felt happy knowing that his faceless feature was still there in a different world.

Futian was expecting to hear some deep explanation from Mr. No face, so, she was confused after he didn't give any kind of explanation to her, but she didn't care too much about it because Zhang finally left her shoulder and freed her!.

Futian after being freed, stretched a bit and sat down to rest for a while, afterall, she had experienced too many things today.

While they were preparing for the exploration, Zhang decided to just chat with these sect masters and sneakily find out more about this world.

*****

On the disciples side of the immortal seeking sect, there were two young male teenagers standing side by side.

One was a short blue haired guy with an annoying looking face and the other was a long black haired handsome looking guy.

They both were the strongest core disciples of the immortal seeking sect and were chosen for this exploration.

The blue haired guy excitedly looked at Zhang. "Look Sheng!, He is an real immortal!"

The long black haired handsome teenager named Sheng was calmly looking at Zhang, after seeing his friend 'Quan' looking so excited, he mocked him.

"So what? Why are you so excited? Are you going to become an immortal by looking at him?."

Quan turned his head and angryly looked at Sheng "What did you say!? That is an immortal for heaven's sake! Have you ever seen an immortal before? Of course I would be excited."

Sheng turned his head to get back to his calm posture and said "Only fools like you would get so excited over it, I as an avid cultivator have never seen someone as impressive before, because I will reach their level someday as well."

He said this with an uncontrollable ambition in his voice

"Puh!...You? Hahahaha!!"

Quan couldn't hold back his laughter and began laughing at his friend's statement.

Hearing the annoying laughter from Quan, Sheng was about to mock Quan again, when suddenly a group of two girls approached them.

 

 

(Author's comment: I am not walking the path of dao of cliff hangers, don't worry. Even though it is hard, I will try not to.)

10