Ch-45 Everyone is prepared.
175 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During the whole month, Zhengyi kept visiting the shop, which quite annoyed Weng, but it seems like he was already used to his presence, and didn't bother him anymore.

The meetings in the palace kept happening every four days as usual.

Some members and judges became quite close and Frank with each other during the time gap.

The torches as expected became famous throughout the city, and its sales increased tremendously.

After the end of the month, Bhatian was about to give Zhang's share of profit, but Zhang stopped her, and told her to collect and save his share until he decides to take them in the future.

Zhang wasn't planning on taking this meagre share right now, and would wait for it to accumulate before it becomes a big amount.

All these things can be considered as unimportant for now because right now an interesting piece of news was being heard around the whole city, which was also heard by Zhang.

The news was that, soon a beast tied would occur in the whole Western region of the Aru continent, and their Du kingdom would go through a beast tide as well.

Zhang became curious about this beast tide and asked Weng about it.

Weng told him that after every six months, many wild beasts of a region would gather and migrate to a different region.

They don't know the specific reason as to why wild beasts do that, they could only speculate that maybe they do this because of variation in qi surrounding the atmosphere of a region.

While migrating, these wild beasts would run amok while destroying many countries or factions in different regions.

Cultivators and martial artists aren't able to completely stop these wild beasts because there were many powerful beasts running around as well in the group of the wild beasts.

Since they couldn't do anything to stop it, they decided to defend themselves during the waves.

Although it was a very depressing situation for many empires and factions, it also gave an opportunity to many people.

During the wave, many rogue cultivators use it as a chance to attack, loot, kill and for revenge.

Even many Demonic sect cultivators and wanderers would join in with them to loot other kingdoms and factions.

This was unavoidable and couldn't be stopped by anyone on the continent, so the many factions and kingdoms could only depend on themselves for this one.

As the Du kingdom was a vassal of the Fu empire, they would be given some assistance during the wave, so most people living inside the kingdom were relieved.

Only the King was a bit wary, as it was the perfect time for many rebels and hidden factions in the kingdom to make a move on him.

 

******

After hearing about the situation from Weng, Zhang became a bit worried about his safety.

'Would I be okay? Didn't my cheat power stop a wave of monsters in that space-like blood world? I don't think there should be any problems as long as I don't jump in and challenge those beasts to a fight right?.'

Even though he had already reached the peak level of the Qi cultivation realm, Zhang still felt a bit nervous, but after some thinking, he regained some confidence, after all he heard that the truly strong monster beasts would be attacked and killed by the strongest experts of the region, while weak monster beasts would be spared, as they won't be able to kill all of them.

This was done so that they could keep eliminating powerful monster beasts periodically, and stop them from growing any further.

After realising that his safety was quite guaranteed, he became curious about this beast tide and decided to go see it when it happens.

He also remembered Futian and those sect masters, wondering about whether their exploration was over.

If not then they would really suffer during the beast tide.

 

*****

 

On a destroyed plain, there was a very big tomb that looked like it was made of mud.

On the front side of the tomb, where a big ancient door was located, some group of people could be seen leaving the place.

They were Futian with her Heavenly wind sect disciples and elders, Elder Ruan with his Immortal seeking sect disciples, elders and the other two sect masters with their respective sect disciples and elders. They had some regret in their eyes.

Futian stared at the tomb and said with some regret "Too bad, we couldn't explore the whole inheritance yet, this beast tide had to happen now only... sigh…."

Ruan sighed as well but didn't say anything. The other two sect leaders just stayed silent, although they looked regretful as well.

…..

On the side of the Heavenly wind sect, under Futian, Ningpu and Mingpu were currently being bombarded by their juniors with questions regarding the tomb, but they didn't say anything as they were vey tired. Seeing that they weren't saying anything, the other disciples understood their situation and tactfully went away.

After these disciples left them on their own, Mingpu turned her head to look at Ningpu with a smile "That was a crazy adventure right? I didn't know that Sheng and Quan became so strong. We need to catch up quickly sister."

Ningpu weakly stared at her sister, but didn't say anything to her, she only sighed before turning away her head.

She still remembered about their experience in the tomb, and felt exhausted.

At the start, their exploration was going smoothly, but on their way Mingpu unknowingly triggered a trap and they were suddenly attacked by a swarm of weird looking sand monsters.

While fighting those monsters, they noticed that these monsters were never ending and were relentlessly coming out of nowhere, so they abandoned the exploration and quickly ran away.

Fortunately they were able to get out of the tomb without any obstruction.

Thinking of this, Ningpu sighed again, 'We couldn't even explore a quarter of the tomb and were forced to get out.'

It seems like the two elders and those other people that went with them inside the tomb had also faced the same kind of problem before they escaped out of the tomb.

Finally she looked at the side of the Immortal seeking sect, and stared at Quan.

'He seemed to have become much stronger than before….I have to catch up quickly'

Thinking of Quan's fighting abilities back then, Ningpu became a bit nervous.

She decided to train even more and increase her strength, so that in the future when Quan shows his true colours to people, she will be able to fight him and not be at his mercy!.

She was about to look away, when suddenly Quan turned his head and their eyes met each other.

After looking at Ningpu, Quan suddenly smiled and waved his right hand to indicate that he was saying bye.

!!!!

Ningpu's heart skipped a beat before calming down, after seeing his actions she coldly turned her head away.

…..

"Ouch...cold as ever" Quan felt a bit hurt, but quickly regained his composure before looking at Sheng.

He curiously looked at him "Aren't you going to say goodbye to Mingpu?"

Hearing his question, Sheng's body shaked a bit before he turned around and angrily stared at his friend.

"Why do I need to do that? Is that even necessary? Also if you want to live and cultivate peacefully, then don't try to get close with those twin sisters. Instead of seeking trouble outside, why don't you just stay with me inside the sect and cultivate peacefully. I can let you meet Elder Pei as well?"

Looking at the disappointed and sad expression on Mingpu's face, Quan signed.

'I am sorry Mingpu, my friend here is a bit weird.'

……

After all the sect masters gathered their disciples and elders, they spread out their spiritual waves in the surroundings.

Time passed slowly, everyone was waiting for something when Suddenly!

Everyone heard the sound of wind rustling in the air, they all looked up and saw four gigantic flying beasts approaching them.

Dham! Dham! Dham! Dham!

After these beasts landed, the sect masters with their disciples and elders climbed on the back of their respective flying beasts and flew back to their sects.

 

******

Inside the Ji kingdom, where Wu prefecture and Guo family were located, a serious meeting between the king, ministers, commanders and generals was currently being held inside the Ji kingdom's imperial room.

"With our current estimate, the beast tide should appear in a week."

A commander seriously reported.

Hearing his report, a minister asked "Are we prepared for this upcoming Tide?"

"Yes, we have already prepared everything from recruiting powerful experts to upgrading the overall defence of our territory's walls. We have also prepared huge catapults which can easily kill thousands of low levelled beasts, and also notified the six prefectures under the kingdom."

Again the same commander replied.

Hearing this the King was satisfied, he nodded his head and said "Wild beasts aren't that much of a problem, what we have to be wary of is the various hidden factions and Wanderers looking for opportunities to attack or loot the kingdom."

A general suddenly stood up and confidently said "You don't have to worry, Your Majesty, If those bastards dare to attack, I will send them to the afterlife!."

The king almost lost his bearings and laughed at his general's claims.

'Hahah, send them to their afterlife? You? Won't you just die?'

The king inwardly shook his head and thought that this general was a bit hot blooded.

"I have trust in your strength General Yang, bring two more generals and a group of capable fighters with you to protect our imperial city. Others would help in fending off the beast from invading our kingdom."

After saying this, the King left and went back to his room to sleep.

 

******

 

In the Wu prefecture, Inside the Guo family, Guo nine was currently standing with Daoist Po and a group of elders.

He calmly looked at Everyone "Although being attacked by a beast tide is a depressing situation for many, it is also an opportunity for our family to grow. Let's show our might and become the overlord of this Wu prefecture replacing the Amber sect."

After hearing his statement, everyone in the room began shaking with excitement.

The elders were excited because they knew that their grand elder Daoist Po had already reached stage 12 of the Aurora core realm, similar in strength to the sect leader of the Amber sect.

Although their family was still weak compared to the sect, they could see that in the future they would have many chances to replace the Amber sect and rule the Wu prefecture.

Just this thought alone had their minds blown up, especially elder Mo.

Elder Mo could not believe that their family would so suddenly have a peak level Aurora core expert as it's grand elder!.

Daoist Po was excited because it was finally time for him to shine again after a long time.

After doing this, he would get a spiritual Soul level cultivation technique, through which he could keep making breakthroughs without any problem till peak level Spiritual assimilation realm.

Finally, after waiting for a long time a week passed, and the earth of the Western region started shaking heavily like an earthquake!.

This marked the arrival of the Beast tide!.

 

 

 

10