Ch-46 Battle in the Wu prefecture.
144 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On this day, the whole western region was in a state of desolation.

Many lands, villages became empty with no sight of any human beings.

Dhak! Dhak! Dhak! Dhak! Dhak!

With the sound of heavy marching, the ground kept shaking like an earthquake was happening.

Finally! sounds of many wild beasts could be constantly heard throughout the region! And with that, the many wild beasts finally made their appearance in the region.

Even the sky was filled with many flying beasts!.

Only destruction and desolate lands could be seen behind these monstrous beasts.

……

After sensing the increasing flow of Qi in the surroundings, these beasts became even more excited and started roaring in joy.

Roaaar! Pak! Baaam!!

A monster was about to road madly, but while doing so, it suddenly got hit by a powerful punch!.

It fell down and grogrily stood up before getting angry.

Its expression turned ferocious and began looking for the fellow that hit it so hardly.

After turning its head around, the big Taotie found a muscular human standing below it.

Seeing the human, the Taotie directly attacked the male human with its head!.

Baaam!...

The Taotie's head attack was stopped by a hand, it was the right hand of the human who punched it. The person seems to be a Martial path warrior.

After stopping the Taotie, he grabbed it's head, and with a ferocious expression pulled it up, before heavily slamming it to the ground.

Dhaaaam!!! Aahooo!!

The ground that the Taotie was slammed into cracked apart like spider webs and stopped many weaker wild beasts from running forward, and killed them.

The Taotie roared in pain, but the human didn't just stop there, he kept slamming the Taotie with no mercy.

…..

At another place, in the Sky, a giant eagle-like bird was flying straight forward.

The giant bird was brown skinned in colour with sharp blades like wings.

A flock of similar looking birds with smaller sizes were following behind the giant bird.

Suddenly! Shewwww!!! Tak!!!

A sword hit the giant bird, but it deflected the sword with one of its wings.

Whossssh!!!

After getting attacked, the giant bird stopped and warily looked for the attacker.

The other birds surrounded their leader to protect it from the attacker, but it was useless as someone had already invaded their space.

A female human suddenly appeared before the giant eagle, and chanted an incantation before slashing her sword towards the giant bird.

This time, thunder appeared with the slash, and directly beheaded the giant bird!.

Blood flowed out of its headless body and its body weakly fell down.

The other weaker birds couldn't do anything because they were stunned.

Finally coming back to their senses, they shirked in sadness before getting angry at the attacker.

They were about to attack the woman, but a man suddenly appeared beside her and chanted.

"Azure fire technique part 2: Azure fire razing the Sky!!"

Booooooohhhhhhhh!!!

With his chanting, a beam of Azure fire spread throughout the sky like clouds, and burned many flying beasts including the eagle-like birds to ashes.

Such a big commotion attracted the attention of many wild beasts, both from the ground and air.

Seeing that these humans were harming them, many wild beasts ran more faster, while some directly attacked them.

Being attacked by so many wild beasts, the three people decided to retreat for a while.

Yes three people, the last one was a female with a sword, she was the one who first attacked the giant bird to distract it's attention, so that the thunder bearing female cultivator could sneakily reach the giant bird and kill it.

This killing of stronger wild beasts was happening around many places in the western region.

 

******

In the Wu prefecture of the Ji kingdom.

Amber sect's sect leader and many elders were currently standing with the leaders of the strongest familes in the prefecture. Guo family was now included in the list of the strangest families, as everyone thought that Daoist Po was a high level Aurora core expert around seventh to ninth stage, which was enough for a family to become one of the strongest families in the Wu prefecture.

There were also two generals from the Ji kingdom in front, with many experts from different prefecture's under the kingdom standing behind them.

 

They were standing outside the main gates of a city, as the information stated that the beasts would appear from this direction, so they were preparing themselves for the upcoming battle.

Some grand elders of the Amber sect, and some family leaders would secretly gaze at Daoist Po from time to time to inspect this powerful person that suddenly appeared to protect the Guo family during its crisis.

After not being able to find out his cultivation base, even after trying so hard, they gave up and moved their gazes away from him to look at Guo nine the Guo family's patriarch.

Just one look and they were shocked!, because they sensed that Guo nine had somehow reached the fourth stage of the foundation establishment realm from fifth stage of qi cultivation, in just a month!.

'Did he take some special medicine to increase his cultivation base?'

Although it was very shocking, it was not the time for that, so they quickly turned their attention back to the beast tide. The ground was still heavily shaking under them. 

Soon the sun turned bright and with its radiance, the first wave of the wild beasts finally appeared, running straight towards them!.

Dhak! Dhak! Dhak! Dhak! Dhak! Seeing these waves of terrifying beasts, a group of cultivators suddenly went forward, and together made some hand signs before touching the ground.

The ground below them suddenly began moving and went upwards like a tsunami before becoming a wall.

Their plan was to change the running direction of these beasts so that they won't run through the whole prefecture and destroy everything.

After many similar sized walls were conjured, The Amber sect's sect leader ordered everyone to attack and force these beasts to change their direction.

Getting his orders, many experts crossed the earth walls and went ahead to attack the beasts.

Guo nine and Daoist Po with some elders of their family went ahead to attack as well.

Many powerful generals from the Ji kingdom, and other leaders and experts of different prefecture's under the kingdom also went ahead to kill the beasts.

The more beasts you kill the more contribution you will accumulate, with the contribution points, people could ask for many things from the kingdom.

The people were afraid but also excited to accumulate enough contribution points and ask for resources.

The points went like this : Killing a monster on the level of qi cultivation gives you one point, a foundation establishment gives you 2 points, Aurora core 3 points and so on.

Most beasts in the tide would have strength of Nascent soul level, rarely would there be any in the spiritual soul level because those stronger beasts would be searched and eliminated by the human experts right before they could enter the region.

Cultivators judged the strength of beasts based on cultivation rankings, while Martial path warriors judged them based on their own Martial rankings.

……

Boooom!! Pow!!! Dhaaaam!!

A punch from a general directly send a big cat like beast flying straight through the sky.

With this, all the human cultivators, martial warriors and monster beasts clashed.

Looking at the destruction, after a long time for the first time, Daoist Po felt a rush of excitement. It had been so long since he went for a battle.

'How many years had it been? Maybe ten or twenty years?' he sighed before his expression suddenly turned from a tired old man to that of an active and young looking man.

His speed suddenly increased, crossing many people before reaching close to a group of aurora core level beasts.

These beasts were different groups of wolves. Seeing a human approaching, one of the leader wolf didn't wait for the human to reach them, and directly attacked him.

Seeing the incoming attack, Daoist Po took out his 'Kukentahen' bow and aimed at the wolf beast.

He absorbed some fire qi from the surroundings, and conjured an arrow made of flames.

Some people shockingly looked at the bow. 'Is that Daoist Po's weapon?.'

At first, they didn't find the bow special, but the moment the fire arrow was conjured, the bow released some of it's aura.

The aura felt very ancient and old, like looking at an extremely old person in real life.

The difference was that the bow was oozing powerful fire intent, it felt very hot to even stare at it.

With the appearance of the arrow, the surroundings suddenly turned warm, some weak monsters near Daoist Po directly melted like candles!.

Seeing such a situation made other people afraid, and even stopped the incoming wolf beast.

Finally, he fired the arrow and with a buzz the arrow dissapeared and reappeared in front of the wolf beast. The arrow was so fast that the wolf beast couldn't see when it reached it!.

Kachak!! Awooo!!!!!

With a desperate voice filled with pain, the wolf burned and completely dissapeared from the face of Dogma.

The impact of the arrow didn't stop there, but affected the other wolf beast and killed them as well.

Gasp! Gasp!

Everyone gasped including the generals of the Ji kingdom, and the sect master of the Amber sect.

They shockingly looked at this seemingly harmless looking old man with a long white beard and felt afraid.

He killed four aurora core level beast alone! That too with just one attack! And it doesn't seem like he was tired at all!!

After killing these wolves, Daoist Po felt a bit sad because he realised that he could not collect their teeth to ask for contribution points, but after seeing the stares he was getting from so many people, he thought that maybe he doesn't need evidence to prove his killing of four aurora core level beasts.

Phew~

After feeling relieved, he stared at the bow in his hands with some excitement.

'This treasure is amazing and so powerful!!'

After researching this bow for some time, he found that it could only be used with fire qi.

If he gathered a dense amount of fire qi from the surroundings, and transferred it into the bow, then an arrow would automatically be conjured on it. The bow would even give a boost to his attack!

The previous attack was probably as strong as an attack from a nascent soul realm expert!.

Today, he just wanted to test his bow, and show off to people.

Sensing the shocking stares that he was getting, he thought.

'It seems like I have succeded in doing so.'

He secretly looked at Guo nine, seeing some some shock in Guo nine's eyes, he became proud.

'Hehe, Finally surprised by me Kid? See how great and powerful I am.'

…….

At a distance from the place, where Daoist Po was standing, Guo nine just slayed a small beast, but his attention was still on Daoist Po, or you could say at his Bow.

He was not surprised by his strength or anything, just that his bow felt very special to him.

He wondered how Daoist Po got his hands on it. 

'Hm...is it an immortal treasure? No...maybe much stronger, this bow feels even more ancient than that…' His eyes squinted in doubt.

'Well, let's leave it at that, I should ask him later'

After thinking of this, Guo nine moved forward, killed another beast before collecting it's head and core as a form of evidence.

Till now, he had already killed twelve foundation establishment level beasts, the only person to have killed so many alone.

 

11