Ch-47 First wave over for Ji kingdom
135 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Guo nine was just about to move somewhere else, when a nascent soul level tiger beast saw him and very quickly reached him before swiping his left claw to attack.

He couldn't react in time and was almost hit but an arrow made of flames suddenly appeared and hit the tiger beasts. The arrow was shot by Daoist Po to save Guo nine.

Swipe! Roar!

The nascent soul level beast did not die, but was still quite injured by the arrow.

The beasts kept roaring in pain as it felt its inner parts burning. The beasts used it's inner qi to block the fire from melting its inner parts.

Seizing the opportunity, Nine didn't run away but instead went closer to the beast and attacked it. 'Water pulse sutra!'

Water pulse sutra was a famous technique special to the Guo family,cultivators could cultivate up to a nascent soul stage with it.

A bulb of water suddenly appeared in the air, which went straight towards the tiger beast and completely covered its head.

The beast couldn't avoid his attack as it was in extreme pain.

Baam!

The bulb of water, after completely covering its head, hardened before some spikes formed inside it to injure the beast's face and exploded.

As the beast's durability was quite good, it's head didn't explode like a watermelon but still bleed through its nose and ears.

The tiger beasts felt dizzy due to the explosion, Guo nine didn't wait for it to heal and attacked one more time. He raised his hands 'Water pulse sutra: mixing the body!.'

This time, many water bulbs appeared and mixed to form a much bigger bulb before covering the whole body of the beast.

It harderend again and spikes formed inside it before exploding.

Baaaaaam!

The intensity of the explosion this time was much bigger than before, the beast couldn't endure this one and died. Its blood and body parts flew away in different directions.

Guo nine went forward and picked up its body parts.

'It didn't leave behind any core, so it should have been a beast that directly absorbs the qi in his body parts like martial path warriors.'

There were different types of beasts in the Aru continent.

Some beasts would absorb qi inside their body and form a core, while some would directly absorb it in their bodies.

Some beasts could be very powerful reaching even the strength level of transcendent but may not be able to speak like a human. It would have the intelligence but would not be able to speak in any language except making weird noises.

For example: A bird with transcendent level strength may or may not be able to speak like an intelligent lifeform and could only chirp like a normal bird.

There are also beasts that can speak like a normal human being, they are termed as monsters by the people.

……

Seeing how the Duo from Guo family had killed a nascent soul or martial master level beast so easily made many people anxious or nervous, especially the Amber sect's sect master.

'This Daoist Po is on the same level as me but with that treasure he easily surpases me in strength, and that kid has also become more capable than before….'

He became worried about the stability of the Amber sect's rule in the Wu prefecture.

 

From a distance Elder Mo was fighting with a peak foundation establishment strength level beast together with elder Du from the Wei family.

It seems like they were planning to kill the beast and divide the contribution points among themselves.

Although they should be super focused on fighting right now that wasn't the case, they were more focused on Guo nine and Daoist Po.

Seeing how they had so easily killed a beast with nascent soul level strength, Elder Du was shocked, he turned his head to look at elder Mo.

"Your grand elder Po was that strong? He is even stronger than Wei family's patriarch Wei Chang, and that kid is nine….when did he become so capable? Did Elder Po teach him something?"

Hearing his questions and noticing the visible fear on his face, Elder Mo was quite satisfied.

'I had some doubts at first...but it seems like our Guo family is soon going to become one of the strongest families in the Ji kingdom.'

He clenched his fists and suddenly increased his speed to attack the beast and killed it with a water bulb.

After killing the beast, he turned his head to stare at Elder Du, "No no, it is not like that at all Elder Du, see there? our grand elder Po looks visibly tired from attacking so many times, and you should not call our patriarch Nine as a kid, he is still very immature and inexperienced as a leader of a family, he still needs more hard work and improvement."

Although he was criticising, from his expression it was clear that he was very proud and happy right now.

Seeing his expression and also noticing that Daoist Po didn't look that tired, Elder Du sighed and slowly left after confirming that he would get a contribution point from killing that beast with Elder Mo.

He left and started searching for Wei Chang, the Patriarch of the Wei family and found him resting at a corner after being attacked and injured by a nascent soul beast.

Wei Chang had a surprising look on his face while looking at Daoist Po, he also noticed Elder Du approaching him and knew why he was searching for him.

After reaching close to Wei Chang, Elder Du wanted to say something, but he was interrupted by him.

"I know what you want to ask...it is about the Guo family right?"

Elder Du stopped and nodded his head to indicate that he was right.

Seeing the nod, Wei Chang thought for a bit and answered.

"Hm...I didn't expected him to be so strong...maybe he is on the same level or much more stronger than the sect master of the Amber sect, and that patriarch Guo nine suddenly changed and became so capable as a fighter as well, those quick reflexes and decision making skills can only be done by an experienced fighter….was he actually pretending to be a trash in the past?...we don't know, for now we should maintain our relationship with the Guo family.. now they have the strength to compete against the Amber sect so in the future these two might even clash with each other and we would have to choose a side."

After listening to his explanation, Elder Du asked "Which side will our family choose?"

Wei Chang closed his eyes and muttered "We will think about it later, we should deal with the beast tide first."

Hearing his reply, elder Du cupped his hands and left to continue his fight against the beasts.

……

The tide continued for two more days before the two generals from Ji kingdom killed many nascent soul level beasts from the tide.

Many cultivators and martial warriors died as well while fighting some beast.

Finally the beasts were forced to separate from the middle and run in separate ways.

The moment these beasts changed their direction, the human cultivators and martial warriors from Wu prefecture stopped attacking as it was pointless to continue killing these unending number of beasts, plus everyone was tired from fighting so many powerful beasts at the same level as them. Most people here were around the level of foundation establishment to aurora coe realm or Martial beginner to Martial artist realm.

These beasts might regroup again later on and move towards different factions or kingdoms in the region.

After the beast tide disappeared, everyone sat down and counted their contribution points.

In these two days Daoist Po had killed around fifty aurora core level beast and one hundred ten foundation establishment level, accumulating an amount of 370 contribution points.

Guo nine killed around 100 foundation establishment level beasts accumulating an amount of 200 contribution points. Total points added would be 570 contribution points!.

Most well off people barely got around 200 contribution points, so 570 was a very good amount for anyone for the first tide. With this amount Guo nine could definitely get a top notch Nascent soul level technique from the kingdom.

Daoist Po wondered what kind of land property Guo nine wanted from the Ji kingdom that he was even prepared to give away a spiritual soul level technique to him.

……

While the people were counting their points, a representative of the Ji kingdom arrived from the imperial city and brought a list of many resources, lands, techniques etc that the kingdom could give with the contribution points.

Seeing the list many people excitedly began asking for resources, Guo nine went to check the list but didn't find what he was looking for so he didn't use his contribution points and decided to wait for another upcoming beast tide and then ask for the land rights.

 

******

 

Meanwhile, in the Du kingdom inside Neng county.

Zhang asked Weng when and where the beast tide will occur, to which Weng replied by saying that the beast tide would probably occur from the Ying prefecture, a neighbour of the Qing prefecture. He said that the kingdom officials would inform the various city lord's and prefecture lords before the beast tide occurs.

He had gotten this much information from the various hidden factions he had destroyed and turned them into his subordinates within the county.

The members of these factions would spy around different counties, cities or prefectures to get information and then pass it to Weng.

 

After hearing that there was no news for when it would occur here, Zhang lost some interest and went towards Bhatian.

She was currently silently cultivating within the shop with her daughters and son in laws by her side doing their own things. 

After some time, everyone in the room slowly realised that Mr! No face was approaching Bhatian.

They curiously stared at him wondering what he wanted from her, after all he was a bigshot to them. Bhatian also sensed Mr. No face and opened her eyes curiously.

After reaching closer to Bhatian, Zhang asked "Miss Bhatian, do you want to learn how to make torches?"

Today Zhang wanted to teach her how to make torches. In the past month he noticed that the torches were being sold quite nicely and were well accepted by the people. Bhatian and her family seemed content with this business and he didn't want to bother himself by keep buying batches of torches from earth, he didn't have unlimited money after all.

 

 

10