Prologue
1k 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Okay. Today is the day that I'm finally stop avoiding people and communicate with an actual human being!"

Standing in front of the door, I gave out a proclamation as I finally mustered enough courage to stop avoiding society and face humans that aren't in front of screens and so on.

My life took a drastic turn when I found out that my parents had passed away and inherited their fortune yet after a day had passed, my relatives began to sent assassin after me to take away the inheritance left behind by them which made me prompt to hid in a secret shelter I made when I was a kid, only to which my parents and sister knew about and contacted her to avoid returning from overseas while I had to hide till it was safe.

5 years had passed since then and I've invested so much on my research and inventions that I finally had enough and decided to interact with real people.

Using half of the inheritance to fund my research(the other half being given to my sister), I had built a self-sufficient home to myself that I could print out materials I needed, had a growing farm and even have things run by AIs and robots do things for me.

I even use nanotech on myself to boost up my status to the point of being invulnerable to bullets and so on, trying to protect myself from my relatives still trying to kill me.

But somehow I still feel the sense of something wrong going on as the last contact I have with my sister was about a year ago and most of my online friends have gone offline at the same time as her.

It only took a year for me to decide to go out to society as I only felt nervous about having to talk to people after countless betrayals and traitorous friends who almost killed me, giving me to my relatives and almost sending me near my grave.

"But I've done running away now. I need to stop worrying about this and get out and face the real sun."

Facing the steel door which had been shut off for 2 years now, I gave a deep breath and face forward with a determined look on my face.

"Andy, Open Main door."

[Caution. Are you sure you want to proceed in a radiated zone?]

"........What?"

I finally found out the reason why I lost contact with my sister, my online friends disconnecting and the fact that....

The world turned into an apocalypse after a year had passed since then... 

29