Chapter 3: Encounter
686 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A zombie's head was pierce through with a shot of my rifle as it easily falls into the ground, lifeless.

I made my way towards an abandoned shelter in a quick pace after encountering zombies one after another without any difficulty as I just stop by at a pitstop to rest up and check my equipment for anything wrong before moving on.

Most cases with traveling would be to regularly check the equipment you have as they are mostly the main tool of survival, especially from a world infested with monsters and such.

A samurai would continuously sharpen his blade, a soldier would pull out his mag to check his bullets, even a traveler would open his can to check the water contents left in his container. I check up my equipment to inspect my weapons and suit, finding out if there were any errors or such before moving on to the next point.

These weapons were handcrafted by me and I knew that these are durable to boot but I still have my regular inspections while at a safe zone as I need to be prepared as possible, maybe encountering a dangerous foe that being perfectly ready at my state would be optimal for survival.

"The rifle is still fine but needs a bit of a recharging since I took out many zombies while moving. Switching to my pistol would be ideal as I can still deal enough damage while still be more quiet while traversing forward in this situation."

My defense might weaken as I charge my rifle but I was probably be more safe since even with the energy shield I had currently was still enough to tank at least an explosion from a rocket or at least break and had my armor protect me from a sniper round.

I design the energy shield to be strong to contend against a strong shock from a building falling over me as I was trying to build an shield which was convenient at the same time safe for me to walk around town without any worries about assassins and such.

But I still am blind to the current state of the world as I proceeded with caution now that my defenses are weakened.

By the time I arrive at the shelter, It was already night as I just walk inside after Andy telling me it was safe and decided to rest up here while going to start searching in the morning as I decided to take a rest while Andy would protect me during the night.

When it was morning, I began to look around the place and started to search for things that might be useful as I collected some papers and documents that were lying about.

"Andy, take this back to the shelter and store them into the database for analyzing and studying the data we might need in the future. I might need to stay here a bit to look around, maybe run in with some survivors and establishing a base of operations since I don't plan on bringing survivors back there."

Only a fool would just let some survivors into my only safe place in the world as even if people are dying here, I don't really plan on bringing them inside unless they are my family members people I trust with my life. Just some random people whom I only just met would only put me into danger, especially ones that might harbor ill intentions of me and try to backstab me if the conditions seem dire.

There are only a few people I trust in this world and I don't really plan on extending that when I needed it to be. Just for safety sake and such.

But as I continue on gathering the information and looking through some files...

[Warning! A large hostile force has emerge from underground. Safety is advice at the moment.]

I quickly took out my rifle and change its settings to maximum as I quietly move towards at a high vantage point to see the target as I gripped my rifle tightly in my hands.

'I knew it. It was easy for humans to survive if they only encounter those normal types. If another type of play is enforced...'

I look at the huge monstrosity right in front of me as at a top of a tower, I can see the huge frame which was 5 times my size.

*Roar*

A loud roar could be heard which manage to shake through its sheer voice, causing me to almost lose my balance from the rumbling of the ground it produced from its shout alone.

I gripped on my rifle even more tightly as I could feel the tremble of my body after encountering that type of monster, the body mass that was fully in case with some sort of rocky structure, to the point where its some sort of armored monstrosity that might be a difficult opponent to beat.

Judging by its size and body alone, I can roughly guess that its a hard type of mutation which conventional weapons such as firearms would prove to be ineffective against it. I can maybe try and use my thermo knife to cut it but its suicidal to try and my weapons would only piss it off if I didn't manage to destroy it.

"I think I have a weapon to exceed his defenses but I don't plan on fighting it and neither would I try to. If it ignores me, I would do the same. I don't plan on fighting that while being ill equip to beat it."

The equipment I have right now is suited to be an all-rounder, not equipped to handle powerful and tanky opponents I can't beat. Its armor might be at a disadvantage but its flexible and mobile that I can outrun any opponent while still enough to survive an attack from a strong caliber.

My current weapons are mostly suited for all terrain purposes and even it wasn't enough to beat a tank, much less that monster whose coated in a protective layer.

Unless I override my rifle to shoot a strong blast at a cost of my rifle's destruction, I should be able to destroy that thing with enough force to take it down but I don't really want to risk myself over that and decide to ignore it for my sake.

Its not worth to risk my safety to take it out as I just decide to rush my looting of this place and GTFO once I'm done here.

Yet as I began to quickly gather what I can...

*Roar*

*Crash*

A loud rumble began to shake the earth as I stop gathering and turn to see what had happen as my eyes widen as I couldn't believe what I'm currently seeing right now.

The huge monster that I didn't plan on fighting, a tough opponent that I don't want to fight due to the risk I plan to take to defeat it, wasn't enough to guarantee to win against it....

Had one of its limbs cut off as right in front of me, a young woman, probably younger than me by a few years, held a sharp blade in her hands and manage to cut the beast down without any difficulty as she raises her blade and jump from the ground, easily cutting off the other limb from the monster as It screams in pain before she dealt the final blow by cutting its head off cleanly.

I just stood there amaze as my brain was trying to process the impossibly of this situation. Yet I was just dumfounded, like my foundations of all the logic inside my head flew out to gods nowhere, just aweshock at what I've witness right now was something straight out of a novel which I...

.......

Gathered what I can and slowly try and escape from her.

'Oh hell do I want to involve with that kind of person.'

For someone who easily defeats that kind of monster with no logic or rationality to that kind of situation, I am pretty sure that I wouldn't have a choice in the matter if she turns out hostile. Someone who can defeat such a mutated monster without any difficulty can only be summarize to be someone I don't plan on messing with, especially someone I don't really want to fight if she can handle that monster without any difficulty whatsoever.

'Luckily, I manage to gather what I can at this place and the drones had carried what info in this place. The only thing I need to do is to just get away....'

"Who are you?"

'from he-fuck!'

I exclaimed in my mind as I cursed from being found out by the person who seems to have notice me but unable to see where I am.

It was such a great idea to install an invisibility cloaking system in the suit to hide me from danger as the girl.just glares at the direction I was from and  just stood there until she finally gave up and walk off.

I sighed in relief, thinking that the danger had pass as I tried walking.

"............"

".......So I didn't guess wrongly at all."

Until both of us pointed our weapons at each other, one aiming a gun straight through her face while the blade in her hand, directed its tip to my neck. Standing in place as both of us are in a standstill, waiting until one of us moves from our positions or took action in this tense situation.

23