Chapter 6: Saika
652 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hello Everyone.

I just wanna say that I'm really thankful for the support this novel has as I didn't expect that not only did someone like this, someone even donated to me out of loving this series and I can't really express how much this means to me.

I never thought that my simple hobby of writing novels would reward me with something like this as I didn't really know how I gain enough recognition to even be rewarded with something like this.

For your support, I hope you keep on enjoying this novel as this now motivates me to continue writing which I didn't plan on working hard on this out of boredom but now that I've been injected with determination, I plan on fully using the donation I receive to work hard and make this novel interesting enough to not be thrown away casually anymore.

Thanks for your support and this is just me thanking people whom I owe a debt to repay as I'll do my best to keep making this novel as Interesting, expansive and creative as I possibly can. I hope you guys enjoy your day and I'll start working that I'll throw away my 'Lazy Author' title for this!

Keep on reading and say happy!

For a man, he would be happy if he manages to have a girl by his side, being close to her and spend time with talking, chatting, even to the point of a possible reality of dating her.

For me, how I wish to switch to that delusional bastard right now and wanted to get away from this Silver Haired girl as possible, continue searching for my sister and possibly find a way to restore humanity back if I can.

Even though the person next to me is a beauty, she is still a variable, unable to tell if she's friendly or not even though I had been nice to her on our first meeting.

"........."

She was currently staring at me, suspiciously as I am sure as hell be doing the same yet kept on moving since she never spoke since we met again.

"....how did you even find me?"

I asked as I didn't really know how she could have possibly know of my location as not only did I ran away from her and escape but also manage to hid my tracks and headed to a direction away from our former location, finding a abandoned house and hid.

So, I am sure as hell that it was impossible for this girl to find me, unless she manage to find my drones watching her. But its only at a point where she instead followed them back to my base and not to me.

"......Instinct."

"......um.....what....?"

"....i just know where your heading."

My eyes widen as thats even more Bullshit than Robert trying to hook me up with a woman, only to end up having us get in trouble with the mafia one time. Its such an illogical answer that my mind couldn't process that though that I can only say in gibberish than speak rationally.

".....ah....eh....."

".....I-its true!"

She exclaimed at me with force as she tried to say that what she's saying is a fact but I'm more incline it to be as BS as getting catbaited online.

"......anyways, why did you follow me instead?"

Instead of arguing with this girl, who seems to believe her instinct to be some sort of precognition, I opt for being straightforward as time is as precious as resource for me currently.

My sister is still out there, in danger and while I know that she's alive and might be strong, its still a year since I last have contact with her and each day had pass, my worries still rises the less time I have information of her situation.

Just having to waste my time on this dangerous girl is already a mouthful for me as even though I'm just act being rude to her, I'm trying to pick my words, avoiding having my head separated from my body at all times.

"You know....you have food and...."

She was looking behind in my back as drool was slowly pouring out of her face as even with my lack of communication with actual people would be able to tell and even deduce an answer from her actions.

'Fuck! I never really specify what kind of food I brought and didn't account for the current humanity's situation.'

Because I've been living comfortably in the past 5 years, having throughly been ignorant of the situation of the survivor's livelihood in the past year, I didn't account for my supplies being way too new and clean that even the food I'm carrying right now might be a treasure chest of luxury.

I just gave out food without knowing if it was good or not and instantly felt the sudden realization of this girl's current thoughts after she ate the rations I packed.

(This person seems a bit nice, offering his food in such a dire time right now.)

(Holy Shit! This stuff is so good. How can this guy throw out such delicacies without batting an eye like that?!)

(Wait, maybe if I follow him, I can get more food for him and even know where he lives.)

If you follow the pattern to that situation, you can get that idea from the breadcrumbs of expectations this girl had on me. So, I finally started to notice my lack of information and even more ignorant of the situation that would end up in this situation.

'Aahhh.....Fuck! If I knew about that, I would at least given her a pack or two of my rations just trying to bribe her to leave me alone, why did I basically threw them out like it was nothing?!'

My mind has been getting a bit heavy since I've been so worried about my sister that my cognitive sense slowly been draining on me, unable to think more rationality to my situation right now.

For such a blunder, I ended up having the most dangerous woman currently following me around as I wanted to rest right now and take a break to catch a breather but my concern for my sister push me to keep moving ahead instead of stopping.

"If I give you more food, would you leave me alone?"

"No."

"How about if I offer you this knife that can heat itself?"

"....No."

I began trying to bribe this girl to leave me alone but she slowly been rejecting everything I was offering her at that moment.

I knew that my worth in her eyes which can easily give out what survivors been craving all this time is much more than that as I really lucked myself out having to dance death at a ballroom.

My stress has slowly been accumulated from having to be near a knife to my neck was slowly been driving me crazy but I kept a rational mind as to avoid provoking her, even though we are just walking on the desert out of nowhere.

"Akatsu-san, are you from the military or government?"

Because its been half a day since I stopped talking to her, she decided to initiate communications to me as I continue moving while answering her questions.

"No. Lets just say that I'm...a NEET."

I didn't deny being a closet person who never leaves my place as I've been stuck in my shelter for 2 years now. The last time I've gone out was 3 years ago when Robert ask me if I wanted to attend a convention, talking about a new discovery of stem cells as it could help me progress on the nanomachines I was working on at that time.

Even though I mostly spend my time at a lab, it doesn't mean I'm not an outgoing person. Just that my sense of trust was somehow narrowed, to the point where only a few people I know would I be willing to talk with.

My sister, Dr. Heinburg, Robert and some others I've been close but not close enough as those three.

My sister being my remaining family member, Dr. Heinburg who treats me like his own son and my eternal Rival Robert who even though we butted heads, he still has my back when its more personal than scientific.

Pulling up my HUD, I can still see the three people still offline on my contacts as I sighed and continue moving forward.

".....Saika."

"....hmn?"

I finally stopped for a moment and turn towards her in a confused tone as I didn't expect to say something random out of nowhere.

"....its my name."

"Oh, I never really know that at all."

"You just never ask me. And, you'll probably going to use 'you' or 'Hey' which is rude and inappropriate."

"Hmn...guess so."

Since I don't really plan on getting close to her, I would have been more preferable to choose that option but I'm currently in a deadlock state and being rude would just be moving the blade closer to my neck.

"Okay.....Saika."

"I hope you take care of me, Akatsu-san."

She gave out a beautiful smile right in front of me as my heart began to beat rapidly, while being aware that she was cute, I never expected to be close to a girl apart from my sister or Robert's girlfriend.

I would continue trying to say something to her but I decided that it was more time to continue moving, rather than having to waste time in finding my sister.

Overall, in the past 2 days that had gone by, we started interacting with each other from hour hobbies and so on as we spend time with each other as I slowly began to warm up with this cute survivor companion of mine, maybe she wasn't all a bad girl to hang around with...

"........."

Yet, I was still reminded that everyday that we face reality, I tend to forget that this girl whose close to me, can easily kill large mutants that can maybe tank shots from a rocket, easily being decimated by her as she wiped out an entire horde of zombies without Issues as I needed to get myself check in with how my heart started beating for a dangerous girl, a potential enemy if I made any wrong moves.

20