Chapter 10: Intelligence and Wisdom is a gap in itself
525 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was quite hard to fit in with a group of people, knowing that you are far younger than your peers, your intelligence is as comparable, no, even higher than those who are older than you. Yet, you can't compare yourself completely with the older generations as intelligence and wisdom aren't the same.

My teacher, Mr. Dunkirk, was not only who taught me my course but also a colleague of my mom, who had cooperated in an experiment in further implementing Biofuel as an alternative source to fossil fuel.

He was mostly my teacher in the science field as my knack for technology blossomed because of him. To learn how metal could be disassembled and remold into something new to even help me build my first Artificial Intelligence.

While he had raised me to be such an unparalleled genius, a problem arose when I was invited to my first ever party that my father brought me.

There I realized my greatest flaw as even though I was a genius, I have the social skills of a child that just started going to school.

I was totally scared of people that began to talk about multiple subjects such as cars, politics, and business which I was totally stumped and scared out of my wits, unable to socialize even with my own age due to my own inability to fit in with people my age.

Even when I find a person who was so willing to talk to me, he ended up confused and scared once I began talking about different minerals to even software applications to an AI's algorithm.

I ended up sitting alone while my father, realizing that I was unfit for business and decided to spend more time honing my sister to inherit our company. I also ended up sticking more time with my mother's field as we both began expanding our lab and even set up an AI which handled everything inside the lab which we both call him 'Andy'.

If I counted down all the times I communicated with another person in the past 2 years, I can even need to use my hands to remember the people I talked to, being my sister, Dr. Heinburg and Robert. My social circle was so small, especially in the women's department, I have minimal contact with any of them, only with those whom I'm close with(my sister and Robert's girlfriend).

Now, I'm currently standing on a sofa, opposite to the couch, was a girl who was staring at me with curiosity and intrigue, just silently gazing at me while I'm scared of my wits(though I only showed it in my mind).

General Kyle: Alright Gents, what's our game?

Lover Kyle: Flirt with her? We finally have a girl right next to us and...

General: A'ight, get this fucker out.

A man with a military outfit suddenly shows up and apprehended the Kyle who was screaming and trying to file his case out in the camp as all the Kyles just stood there in silence, trying to escape from this situation.

Smart Kyle: If we can divert our attention back to the apocalypse outside us, we can delay our time with talking to her.

All the Kyles began to agree in unison as if they are afraid of even interacting with the girl in front of them as one Kyle slap his face at the idiocy of these people.

Smarter Kyle: You forgot that even if we did buy time, we still have to talk to her eventually.

Another Kyle wearing a lab coat began to set up a diagram of his new plan to the other as they felt a bit uncomfortable with this but they had no choice in the matter.

"Apologies for my late introduction Ms. Saika but I'm Kyle Akatsu and I welcome you to my lab."

I presented myself calmly as Saika had a red look on her face as she looks down in shyness since she didn't expect me to be sophisticated in my tone.

I usually am cautious to her when we first met but it was mostly because I am still distrustful of people, even to the point that I wouldn't hesitate to put a gun on a woman to do so.

Yet, it might be because she reminded me of myself when I first experienced betrayal but also because I felt that I can trust this person, even though she might be more dangerous than the opponents I'll face outside.

Or it might've been because I've been out of contact with an actual human for a long time that my sense of trust wanes as there are fewer humans to be saved on this planet after the apocalypse had begun.

"Plus she's kinda cute though."

'So Ms. Saika, I hope you enjoy your stay here at my place.'

"Eh?"

I casually blabbered what I thought in my mind instead of what I actually wanted to say as I didn't suspect any suspicion of a problem with my choice of words due to my denseness to read the surroundings. I put much thought into it as I stood up and walk away.

"Andy, I already gave the android some instructions which prioritize to search for my sister. For now, we need to start a mining operation as we are going to need a lot more materials while prioritizing the printer to build the harder materials. I'll head to the brain scanner room to transfer the data I collected while piloting the android. Might be best that we start making some new types of weapons and armor since those mutants might not only be our enemies on this planet anymore."

[Understood Sir. Should I start researching new weapons and armor schematics?]

"Hmn....Prioritize on making Close combat types first since our range weapons might still be sufficient in combating them."

I head to a certain room where there was a chair that had a helmet on top as I wore it and lay down while letting the AI upload the data I collected from the wasteland while traveling.

While I wanted to interact more with Saika, I knew that it still wasn't time for me to waste on social interaction as my mind still has so many thoughts that are driving me crazy.

Zombies, mutants, crazy girls cutting monsters with ease, and now aliens...

While I don't plan on meeting the latter one, I need to be prepared that those guys might be hostile to humans as I took off the helmet once Andy had collected the necessary data inside my mind and proceeded to the armory to train.

While the android I control was something I worked on for a long time, I only made one of those that not only have unlimited range to work with, It has a built-in AI which helps handle all sorts of situation, suitable during this dire need to find my sister.

However, I only made one of those, and not only that, it had a neuro-network that enables me to connect to the android and avoid facing danger outside of my lab.

As such, I need to be prepared to face trouble and defend my place as I further entered the armory and into a certain room where there were so many kinds of robots of different structures, I plan on activating.

"Andy, activate MCA-001 to 10 and save the rest on standby mode just in case. Arm them with heavy caliber weaponry and equip the drones with militarized guns. As for the rest, I'll start on re-engineering them to specialize types since the MCAs would not face certain Mutants with different types."

[Affirmative.]

Ten robots began to activate as I ignore them and proceed to head to one of the robots which isn't fitted with anything as I took it out and began to drag it with my enhanced strength as Saika followed me from behind.

"Um..."

"Oh, I kinda forgot."

I lay the robot near my engineering station as I head back to the armory and took out a katana from one of the racks.

"Here. Take this."

"Eh?"

I tossed it towards Saika as she was surprised when she caught it and unsheathes the blade to see its metallic glow which was beautiful and thin.

"Far more useful than the old weapon you currently use. You should keep it with you since you might need to use it someday."

It was too dangerous and stupid for me to give a crazy girl a stronger weapon but it was already too late for that now since she's already inside. My only choice was to satisfy this girl with good living conditions and whatnot as I might need help from her someday when I need to.

The better the defenses on my lab, the better as she might be the last line of defense if all things go to shit if we get attacked by something stronger than what I have made.

"You can also borrow one of the suits here since they are outfitted to be good defensive capabilities in battle. I only ask you to help me defend my lab when the time comes and..."

"I'll do it!"

"Eh?"

As I was about to try bribing her with things, she quickly held my hands together with determination as my mind stopped processing.

"You did so much for someone like me, who would probably put you into danger but I'll promise to protect you Akutsu-san."

"O-oh....thanks...."

Trying to salvage this rising feeling that causes me to stop myself from fainting(due to being in contact with another girl), I just tried my best to feel thankful for her as she tightens her grip with a flushed face.

"P-plus, you think I'm cute....I feel a bit shy when you think of me like that you know...."

"Eh?"

Without hearing the other part of her sentence, my mind froze and my brain completely melted down from the sheer thinking process of my intelligence can't comprehend the common sense of how to handle this situation.

'Did this girl read my mind?' That was what I thought when Andy explained the situation to me and...

[Sir?]

"Akatsu-san?!"

I fainted on the spot.

17