Chapter 11: Upgrades People!
479 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A spark of light shined in a certain room where I began to outfit a robot with new schematics I plan on working towards.

Its body was thinner than most of the robots in my production as I made its armor flexible and light which should be good for being fast to move. However, its main weakness is not being durable in a fight as I didn't plan on deploying it to battle just to fight tougher opponents.

"Just being fast enough to react to certain situations and good for surprises should be enough for these types of robots on the battlefield. These guys should be dangerous enough if I plan on arming half of these guys for covert operations while the rest for supporting the frontline."

I imagine these robots sniping the battlefield, armed with sniper rifles to take out the leader and the other half to help out the MCAs when they are being cornered by fast-moving mutants on the battlefield. My gamer senses were tingling in anticipation as I can see these bad boys being laid on the battlefield, creating a foundation for a good versatile army.

There will be trial and error as I stop working on the robot and turn to a screen which was viewing Saika in a white room.

She was standing there alone, unsheathing the Katana I lent her as multiple robots popped out and began attacking her from all sides.

There, she had moved quickly within a short period, eliminating all the robots surrounding her with ease.

"Hmn....It's a good choice in setting the testing room to be a training room since I plan on using that place to test out different robots and test their capabilities."

Only 2 days till we can send a rocket to space as it might've been too fast to make a rocket out of thin air but it was already in preparation to send one to space as I only needed to get a license from the government to send one which shouldn't be too hard to do at that time.

At that time, I've been in contact with the government in working on improving their AI algorithm since I tend to ask for permission in a lot of stuff.

I might've been working for them on lots of basis but I mostly stay neutral with them due to my mother's insistence on keeping secrets with some of her works here.

So, most I sent to the government are only my researches as I also worked on my mother's works and sent them globally as per her desires.

Her research here is only for medicine basis as it was really hard to study them if not for Andy and some occasions, Robert's help in working with this.

In the end, now that everything has gone to hell, I can now easily do the procedures without any interference.

Working on new robot types, studying combat using Saika's experience, and trying to establish communications, I began shuffling more things as the piles of papers began falling on top of each other.

"Damn, I really need to sort this..."

Cursing myself for making a mess, I began to pick up each paper as I stopped and pick up a certain paper from the pile.

"Shit! I forgot about this!"

*******

Saika came out from a shower after finishing her training as she saw Kyle pass by her with so many blueprints and paper while another robot followed behind him, carrying the same thing.

"Akatsu-san? What's that?"

Curious, she tried asking him about what he's planning yet he ignored her and headed straight back to the engineering bay.

Standing there in silence, she decided to follow him inside as she headed to where he was and saw him begin scribbling down on a piece of paper.

"If I arm these guys with bombs, I can use what that Mutant did and replicate it to the schematics which should be a great asset to the army. However, these guys might be too costly to make but should be enough as a temporary trump card against enemies that are hard to kill.

Even if It isn't mobile, I can still use the design to create a certain trap that should be deadly to face on the battlefield...."

Scribbling down and erasing some mistakes, he had a huge grin on his face as he felt excited like a kid who had fun in his work as Saika was just mesmerized by his looks and actions.

The man she met in the wasteland wasn't the same person she currently standing by her side. To the cold and efficient person who only sees to complete his objective, to the young man standing at her side, working on his research and even trying his best to make her stay as comfortable as possible.

Yet, he didn't know that he had already done so much for her, someone who had to live a life far worse than the current life she had.

But what Kyle didn't know about Saika....

'I hope that I can control myself before I end up hurting him...'

Holding on to her trembling hands, she just smiles at him before leaving the room as a camera spans towards her while not noticing that Kyle was silent in the latter moment before leaving the room.

*******

"Andy, can you set this up that we can control these guys with another AI?"

[Affirmative Sir. Should we install the data on 'Him' if the opportunity comes?]

"Yeah, the government is already fucked, and restricting ourselves would be akin to just tying our hands to terrorists with guns when we literally have the full army behind us."

I wave the screwdriver in the air as Andy understands our circumstances. I didn't even plan on making military equipment since I thought that I was going to deal with just my relatives which should be easy to solve if I plan to shake hands with the government the moment I plan on trading my safety with the military research I did in the past year.

Yet, I didn't expect I'll be fighting with crazy infected and goddamn aliens at my lawn which should summarize how crazy the world is right now.

"I don't know about Saika's problem but I really can't help her unless I start studying biology right now. But even with that, it would be too late to solve that problem with the limited resources and information I have right now."

Seeing her sad look as she left the room, I could only look at her with pity since my tech tree isn't on human anatomy but technology and AI core production.

Unless if I plan on turning her into a cyborg or basically have Robert help me with this, it was useless for me to touch upon her problems unless I know what to do to her.

"Once we link up the internet back, maybe I can find a way to solve this problem of ours, especially find where my sister is."

There was a fail-safe option installed in the nanobots inside my sister to track her but it was only in the case of an emergency that I plan on using to find her.

"I'm sorry sis that I planted a tracker on you but it's for your safety..."

I lamented on the fact that I basically broke one of the rules I made with her but I didn't plan on using it until it was an emergency and we are basically in an apocalypse right now.

If she plans on punishing me, I would deal with it later but now is more important than the later consequences.

"These new types would be handy in the future but I plan on building the current and finish ones since survival is more important than fail-safes right now."

[Sir. I suggest also activating 'Her' to help out Ms. Saika's worries. Even if she isn't going to be helpful at all.]

"Heh. I also plan on activating some of your siblings as well but we do know that the server can't handle multiple of you guys. So, it's best on using some slots on activating the most important siblings."

I pick up my tablet and sweep through to the certain tab where I can access a certain control on the AI cores installed in my lab.

Thinking much, I decided to pick these '3' since they would be more useful in the apocalypse.

"Andy, I activated 3 of your siblings so you should brief them of our current situation right now. Also, start working on building multiple server rooms since you guys won't be the only AI's I plan on turning on."

[Affirmative Sir. I'll leave you then.]

"Fine, fine. After you are done briefing them, send that guy to me. I need his expertise since I really lack this certain area and might need his help if I can't find Robert to help me with this problem."

After talking to Andy, I turn back to twisting the screw on a component as I was only surrounded by the darkness while only the lamp in my desk had lit up mg place.

16