Chapter 13: No Father, you have sinned!
430 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Damn...I....I don't think I'll make it..."

"James! Please stay with us!"

A woman clutches her husband's hands while trying to suppress the blood that was leaking out from his body. The injuries he sustain were minor, to say the least yet it was mostly due to the blood loss from bleeding out that he was slowly losing consciousness, almost dying as he tried to stay awake for a while longer.

Looking at the woman whose tears and weak-willed determination of seeing her dying husband, a young girl cradled towards them while hugging her father with tears in her eyes as well.

"Daddy, please don't go...."

"Hehe....sorry honey. It seems that I might not see you grow up for much longer...."

Seeing both of them like this, he grips his hand on his wound while patting his daughter as he wanted to let her see the beautiful world before this all had happened.

Yet, not only it was too late, he knew that it was also late for this girl to see the old world that he lived in, something he and his wife had loved, for a young girl to remember how peaceful it was for them.

The woman who was trying to block the blood that was leaking out regretted her decision as she knew that it was her fault that they ended up like this.

"J-jack. I shouldn't have returned here just to hope for my younger brother to still be alive. He wouldn't have survived during the EMP attack since he might've already died being holed up in his lab."

Clarisa remembered his younger brother who was still typing on his computer as he waved goodbye to her before she left for America. Seeing that happy-go-lucky expression he has while working on his research, she was burdened with grief of what had happened to him while not only being holed up in his lab but also not anyone to talk to after the EMP had hit the world.

As all three of them were slowly losing their hope, the worst has come as the building they were in, was slowly being surrounded by a group of people, led by an old man who began to spout religious talk while a man backtrack with his car, carrying a bunch of zombies behind.

"For all that the Lord has brought upon us, our punishment is neigh. For we who have sinned shall be brought salvation through an offer. Bless us with your grace, we offer you these heretics who has trespassed our land and they shall bring salvation to us!"

The three people inside, despaired as they had been found. The group of fanatics which they tried to run away from, had managed to track them down as the man himself had come and the pale faces of the husband and wife began to grow as they slowly lost hope in living.

Amidst that, a young girl appeared behind the family as she tapped the wife's shoulders as she quickly turned around to see the girl put her finger in her lips, trying to silence them to stay quiet as she pulled out a syringe in her pocket and handed it to the wife.

"You're younger brother sent me."

As she said that, Clarisa had her eyes wide open from the shock of something unbelievable to hear from the girl as she quickly inspect the syringe and a smile appeared on her face, seeing the iconic signature of her family name plastered in the syringe.

[Sorry Sis that I'm late for the party.]

'You little shit for a brother...'

A spark of hope had arisen from Clarisa as her husband and child were confused and shocked by another person appearing next to them as the wife didn't hesitate once she read the letter being rolled up in the syringe and quickly inject it into her husband.

"Guh..."

"I think our worries are gone now Jack, my Lil Bro's come to pick us up."

Seeing the smile and the girl nodding in affirmation, the duo of father and daughter was left confused as they could still hear the old man preaching outside the building they are hiding in.

"These sinners who have wrong the world of bringing chaos to our lands..."

"No Father, you have sinned!"

Cut off from his preaching, the old man stopped talking and turned upwards to where the voice had come from as the rest followed as they saw a young man hanging at the roof of the building, covered in sci-fi armor while wearing a helmet as they can see his face, which was just smiling at them.

"How dare you to interrupt my holy gospel you heretic?!"

In rage, the old man spouted fanatical words as the young man just smiled at them while pointing his finger at himself.

"Yes! It is me, Kyle!"

He spoke in conviction like a certain character from some show as he then pointed his finger at them, giving a proclamation of death to those his fingers he points.

"And as the lord intended, I cast white fire on my enemies!"

"W-wha..."

Right before the old man could finish his words, two metallic objects had flown in the air and beginning to land in the direction the young man pointed to as the men were too late to react when the objects land on the ground and exploded with white powdered smoke which quickly burnt the skin or anything it touches.

"Aaaahhhh!!!"

"Fuck! Fuck! It hurts!"

"Help me, Lord! Help!"

Those who were hit by the white smoke quickly began screaming in pain as they squirm on the ground in pain while the zombies which were locked up began to burn as well.

"D-dear lord...."

The old man was shaking in fear, seeing such devastation of the attack as he and some of his men close to him were spared from such tragedy as they turned back to the young man who was scratching his head in contemplation.

"Hmn...bringing in white phosphorus was a bit overkill and a bit warcrimey to be honest. I would have just settled on just the grenades and whatnot but I was a bit in a hurry to rescue big Sis and didn't have time to make any proper bombs other than that."

Kyle felt guilty in using terrifying weapons such as white phosphorus but most of the ingredients weren't as effective in a combative point as those in his arsenal. He knew that it was such brutal to use them on humans but....

'These fuckers hurt my sister. Fuck this religion for all I care. The moment they touch my sibling, I'll even throw in the poisonous gas which Hitler might see me as his son.'

5 years had gone by when they last met and he wanted to avoid meeting his sister to lure his relatives to him by taking the inheritance for himself. Making sure that her life is peaceful while he alone has to battle their relatives by himself.

He disconnects himself from her to fake their relationship being strained, forcing their relatives in using her as a hostage ineffective. Even went as far as to ignore most of her calls just to make it seem like to be true.

So, he might hate his sister who kept on bullying him but he is still his sister first and foremost, just like how a sibling might want to kill each other yet in the end, they still took care of one another when they work together for a common goal.

"Welp, time for me to have some family reunion after a long time."

He then walked off the rooftop as everyone was wide-eyed, seeing him trying to kill himself by jumping off a building yet he didn't panic as he fall to his death yet easily shook their belief by stopping in midair.

He slowly stop descending quickly, having to slowly float on the ground. His boots were technically equipped with special boots that reverse gravity at a certain point, enabling him to safely land without much issue.

It might seem cool to see but you'll be damned that the boots I'm wearing would cost someone not only their arm and leg but also the rest of their vital organs and still not be enough to afford these things.

I just ignore these people who had their faiths be crushed right in front of them as I wanted to play around with them but I made a promise to someone as I let her do what she wants with these people. My only objective was securing my sister's safety first and foremost as I entered the building without any concern.

"Saika, it's your turn now."

"You treacherous sinner! You might have used your devil's power to shake our belief but I..."

".........."

I entered the building as a blur had passed by me. I ignore it without care as I leisurely entered the room, seeing three people who were laying on the ground while hearing a loud scream in the air.

"Did you finally start paying attention to me now?"

Clarisa smiles at me as I acted bashfully by scratching my head, lowering while trying to pacify an angry person.

"Can the beatings be lessened, sis?"

I tried to act innocent from her which was just trying to delay my fate. Yet, all it did just made her even angrier than I expected.

"No."

"Then, have mercy on me?"

"Mercy left after you started a warcrime, Kyle."

".........."

I look up in the air, resigning to my fate as the woman in front of me just smiled after reminiscing with me.

"......Fuck."

"That's also added an extra beating with your cuss. Watch your words little bro."

"............."

15