Chapter 17: ???
305 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I open my eyes, finding myself placed on a chair while a device was strapped on my head. Memories surface upon me as I quickly look at both of my hands, normal as it could get. No injuries or such.

[Sir. While the test shows to have a complete success during the experiment, it isn't accurate to have shown the predictability of the future you saw. We can still change some sections of the calculations we have...]

Andy began to talk more about the experiment we did as I was just standing there, stunned at what I've seen from the future.

To say that losing my mind was one thing, I basically experience what had happened shortly, a dire and ominous foresight to what has to come.

Zombies, world ending, and so on....

This was supposed to be something that could have won me a Nobel prize and show off to Robert that progressing technology was better than what he was planning for yet....

'A year....'

I thought as I slowly progress myself, heading to the outer section of the lab,  a large door that leads to the outside world.

"Andy....open the door for me...."

[.....Understood Master.]

Instead of giving me a warning, he didn't hesitate to open the door for me, slowly unveiling the bright light which the door emits after opening itself to the outside world.

I step out while blocking the light of the sun in my eyes, gazing in front at the bright lush green that surrounds me to no end.

Instead of a bleak and dying land, the greenery that surrounds me, I felt the liveliness of nature itself, giving life to the land I was living in.

I was always afraid of stepping out of my lab, fearing that I was paranoid due to the obsessive nature of my relatives to which they still tried hunting me down and my sister to take the inheritance left by our parents.

Yet, my mind was more on fearing the dreaded future than some measly relatives I can handle easily as Andy saw my mental state as abnormal.

[Sir. Did the experiment have any side-effect affecting you in any-]

"Andy, start constructing more server rooms and awaken your siblings. Also, begin constructing more advanced 3D printers and start researching military arms."

I cut off Andy who was checking my health as I begin instructing him which sounds like I'm building an army to take over the world.

To hear me saying to start researching weapons would be scary as most of my works were mostly just progressing scientifically, focusing on improving technology to a new era.

While I can make weapons, I made a deal with myself to avoid heading to a dangerous path as I could potentially start a war using my researches.

Yet, Andy hearing me say to make weapons and such, felt like I suddenly change instantly after I step out of the device.

But my mind was filled with the vision of the future as my brain suddenly began working on figuring out how to avoid the possible ending I had foreseen in the future.

"Andy, I'll leave this place to you."

[Sir? You're finally leaving the lab to socialize with people? What about the....]

******

"Welcome!"

The moment I entered, a young woman greeted me with a charming smile as the moment she saw me, she stopped and her voice became nervous due to seeing my foreign looks.

"Haw....mei Immu taekku order?"

"I can speak Japanese normally. You don't have to try and speak English."

"Ah! Okay."

She felt relieved the moment I spoke Japanese fluently as she began taking my order and left. I just sat there, gazing at the woman who was working with a smile on her face as this was far in contrast to her future self.

After ordering ramen while being close to the sweet bliss of a normal life I had avoided in the past, I enjoy this moment while watching the girl who is now living a normal life as I paid for my food and left the store as I plan on heading to my next destination.

"I'll pay double compared to what my relatives to you."

I said as my hand was on a device on my ear, transmitting a signal to allocate my voice to another location.

Gazing afar....on top of a building....

"An interesting proposition. While I reject that deal of yours since I don't plan on ruining my reputation as an assassin, it seems I have no choice in the matter. Hahaha..."

A man laughs on a higher floor, sweating bullets while thinking that this was going to be an easy contract to take. Started regretting his decision as he lets go of his sniper rifle while raising his hand in the air, having to surrender himself to a swarm of drones that floats all around him, aiming their weapons on every part of his body as he knew that even if he could escape, he might not live for long due to being hailed with bullets if he disagrees.

The assassin was quite shocked to see that his target, who was supposed to be a person that avoids shedding blood and a coward, that was passed on in the information he had gathered, was a total lie. Seeing as each drone that was flying all around him, he knew that he couldn't escape and ended up agreeing to his terms.

But what shocked him was that he didn't expect a pacifist like Kyle to say something he wouldn't say to an assassin like him.

"Cancel the contract on my assassination and tell your group to not take any missions that involve me, my sister, or those whom I'm close with. Or else...."

I said as a nearby drone flew in front of him and projected a hologram which the moment he saw the contents, he had a surprised look on his face as he laughs and took out his phone.

"....Hey Glasses. Tell those bastards not to take any contracts that involve the Andersons. Huh? What do I mean?

Listen, idiot. If any of us messes with him, all of us are fucked. He literally has info of all of us, down to who sleeping with who.

....Yeah. Contact him as well that we rather take a hit on this image of ours than all of us completely naked in front of the feds. Got it? Good."

After he ended the call, he glares at the drone with rage as if I was in front of him yet his phone began to ring as he pick it up and shout but...

"W-what?!"

"And that's for the emotional fee for having to deal with my relatives. I also included some hush money for breaching your contracts with them since I'll be the one who would deal with my own family matters.

As for your Infos, I don't really plan on using them since it's only a way to stop you guys from messing with me. Just relax since I only plan on dealing with you guys if you make a move on me or those close to me."

I said before ending the call as I began walking away while the assassin just slumps on the ground while all the drones around him began flying away after everything was done.

'Pacifist and Coward my ass....'

Taking out a cig, he began lighting it up as he regretted taking the contract on me while I continue to move to my next destination.

"Hello, Mr. Akatsu. We have been expecting you."

"Thank you, Chief. I would expect this to be handled quickly as I don't plan on taking too long to deal with this problem. As I said on the call, I already have the evidence in hand, ready for them to be handled fairly and lawfully rather than resorting to...drastic measures..."

"I see...it seems to me that you have collected much evidence of them to safely say that kind of accusations Mr. Akatsu."

"Heh. Honestly Sir, I think I may have overdone myself to collect so much dirt on them that you might be surprised at how much deep their crimes are, once you see the evidence I have on hand..."

I was escorted by the chief of the police as we began to chat, let him view the dirt I collected from my relatives, and ended our talk by providing bonuses for the policemen protecting the citizens as my way of goodwill to the country since I don't plan on hiding what I have stored in mind, albeit preparing for the upcoming apocalypse shortly.

[Sir, you have a call from Robert. Would you like to respond?]

"Oh, I was planning on talking to him about what I saw from the experiment I conducted. Put-"

As I was about to respond to him, my vision began to blur as my consciousness began to lose yet from the corner of my eye, a sudden figure appeared before me. A familiar person whom I saw which was impossible for me not to remember.

"S.....sa......saika.......?"

As I call the person, the figure before me smiles yet even when I was about to lose my consciousness, I still remember that the person I saw was not supposed to look like that until the future. Which gave me a shocking conclusion through multiple thoughts as I kneel from the ground.

".....no......w-who......are....."

As my last will to stay consciousness disappears, I lay on the ground as the figure of a woman appeared in front of me as she bent down and touch my head as 3 other women who had appeared out of thin air began surrounding me.

"We Found you."

[Title: 'Prophet Sight' I made cause a Paradox which 4 women appeared in front of me]

14