Chapter 16: A way to go
339 6 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Bang Bang Bang*

3 zombies who were close to the city got their heads caved in as the Launchers which heard the gunshot, screamed in an unsettling wail.

The bots pick off the zombies through the hail of bullets flying towards them as the Launchers which were planning to attack the barricade, began to bend down to launch themselves.

Yet, one of the Launcher's heads exploded as Saika shot it while behind me, driving the motorcycle through the vast desert.

"The penetration using a sharper end seems to have worked which I didn't expect to. Saika, continue shooting through them while I circle around the big guy."

"Okay!"

We pick off the Launchers one by one, encircling them as they would miss their pounce whenever they attack us.

'The wind velocity on its jump, its aim could be dodge if I bend the bike at an angle of....'

My mind calculated the certain point of its attack as I studied the force needed for the Launchers to pounce at us, gaining the advantage of using their strikes to evade their attacks while letting Saika pick the enemy off easily.

Narrowly dodging the Launcher by a few inches, Saika had sniped another Launcher which was about to jump as we continue our play with the enemy.

I pushed through the horde of zombies which was about to block our path yet I didn't stop advancing towards them.

*Bang Bang*

The two zombies blocking our paths had been taken out by the drones which Hugo had used, letting me pass through each pathway as he designated for me to push through.

[Commander, head to the left side path, advance straight to the three Zombies on your path....]

"Got it."

I accelerate the bike forward as I trust the AI as he took out the three zombies on our way, letting Saika take out two more which they are out, letting us see the hidden Mutant that hid through the crowd.

"What the...."

I exclaim as this one was far different. 

It was a beastlike creature, mixed with a humanoid that had combined together. Its upper half consists of a human upper body while the lower half was just basically a giant wolf that was stitched with a human on top of it.

Saika still felt mixed feelings seeing that yet she noticed it on instinct, what it was planning to do next.

"Kyle! Its-"

"I know!"

Quickly calculating the attack, I press the brakes hard which slows down the bike. Yet I made a good choice as I saw what it does next.

The human part raises both his arms.

There, unknown types of materials of unknown origins began to fly out of his arms, aiming through our direction as most of it miss except for the last attack which had hit me.

"Kyle!"

"Ugh....I'm fine. It just scratches the paint on my helmet."

I said, saw the scratch on my helmet which didn't penetrate and only left a scar, making her feel relief yet we didn't have time to continue as I move the bike forward.

"Saika. Take that bastard out now!"

"Okay!"

Seeing that this mutant is more dangerous than its other friends, I stop the encirclement as not only did I have to avoid the new mutant, the giant one had probably predicted our movements already and we barely evade its attacks.

*Bang*

The sound of the rifle shot through and easily went straight towards the new Mutant yet the bullet couldn't penetrate its thick skin as it began its second attack which I barely dodge it yet got worse due to taking more hits than I can barely avoid.

"Saika! Give me the rifle and melee that fucker!"

"On it!"

Knowing that it was basically useless to shoot him anymore, I decided to send out Saika on attack as I blitz through the horde, provided cover by Hugo, and turn at the right moment to which Saika jumped off to hack on the mutant.

*Bang*

I shot the nearby Launcher and ran its corpse as I place the gun on one of the handles and increase the speed while pulling a grenade from my suit.

"Time to cause some distraction for Saika...."

I said as I blitz towards one zombie which I fed the grenade to its mouth and then toss it straight towards the giant which was heading straight for Saika, who was distracted by the mutant.

"Don't leave me hanging here man!" I said after the zombie exploded from the grenade as I shot it a few times which distracts the giant and went towards me.

Buying time for Saika to eliminate the mutant, I shot the remaining rounds to its head which does nothing as I switch to the plasma rifle and began to overcharge it.

"Stop this, Bitch!"

I yelled as I shot it through one of its legs as it wasn't enough to penetrate its thick flesh. But, I just smiled since it was enough for me.

I pulled out a couple of white phosphorus grenades I made as I rode straight towards it as I tossed all the grenades I have except for one as I pulled the pin with my mouth and toss the last one.

"As so the Goliath falls from the ground. A small man capable of stumbling the giant."

I said as the phosphorus grenade detonates, lighting up the rest as it burns through the giant Mutant's legs, before slowly stumbling into the ground as it causes a chain of events that flattens all the nearby horde and some launchers underneath its back.

Saika was fast enough to evade the falling giant yet the same couldn't be said to the mutant which was crushed by the weight of the giant.

"Haaaahhh......."

I stopped the bike, causing me to take a deep breath as the rush of adrenaline was something I never experienced before in my life.

'Damn, this isn't as blood-inducing as the time I and Robert had to run from the mafia....'

I thought as I stopped for Saika who just sighs as I called out to her.

"Let's go and take that guy out before it can stand again."

"Hmn."

She just nodded as she hopped behind me as we drove off to the giant's head.

Once we reached it, the giant proceeds to stand up again as Saika easily takes its head off as we both look at each other, smiled, and did a high five, easily doing something which we didn't expect to be impossible.

"God....that was something I did not want to experience the second time."

I said as I might have my body enhanced from the nanobots inside me, but I was different from Saika, who had evolved from the radiations in the air.

I might have some experience with danger but it was something I had a plan in mind, not something that was unpredictable like the event today.

It might have been due to Saika's strength, Hugo's tactical leadership, and analysis, or basically my idiotic bravery or dumb luck in play but this was the best outcome from such a dangerous situation that we had come out from.

"Kyle! We did it."

Saika who was somehow happy that everything was fine, smiled and hugged me which I blush from getting close to a girl but before I can take bliss from happiness....

[Commander! Enemy combatant still act-]

Hugo couldn't finish its words as the new mutant was still alive as its last strength which aimed its hands, launched an attack towards us.

Saika was about to pull her sword yet was pushed away as it had managed to penetrate my arm that was hanging in the Air.

"Fuck! My arm!"

"Kyle!"

[Commander!]

"Fuck me! Get that bastard!"

I yelled to Saika as she furiously charge at the mutant and easily cut off its head from the body as I grit my teeth and pulled the long thing from my arm.

"Gah! That shit hurts like a bitch!"

"Kyle! Stay with us."

With horror in her eyes, Saika was crying in fear of me dying as I just smile dryly since this might've hurt like a bitch but it is still bearable for me.

"It's fine guys, just some sharp object that I can heal through with the nanobots that I....."

Yet before I could finish my words, I began to cough up blood as Andy began relaying ominous words to us.

[Warning, Sir your body is exposed to radiation from the environment which is harmful to your body. Please quickly seek out medical health immediately.]

'Shit! I forgot the radiation!'

I cursed inside as the mutant probably didn't have poison on its bonelike projectiles yet the radiation which I avoided for a year, suddenly entered my body as the air outside was not only thick from the radiation which was thickened from the lapse of time but also from being near the mutants that were spewing radiation like no tomorrow.

I began to feel drowsy from convulsing in intense pain as Saika was shaking me with tears in her eyes, not hearing what she was saying due to my mind going blank from the pain and my eyes began to blur while reaching out to her...

'Is this the end....?'

I said as the last thing I saw was Hugo lifting me up and moving me inside a vehicle.....

Moving forward on the road....

My mind felt fuzzy as the next moment I was seeing my sister who saw me and angrily shouted at me as I was carried quickly to the medical lab yet I just smile....

Laying myself to rest.....

12