Chapter 18: Familiar faces, Going Mental
314 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, you basically experience what would happen and not only that, something had gone wrong which you now see 4 hot women at some point in time?"

"Yup. I plan on explaining more details about the vision of the future but you know me, Rob. Can't be good at explaining shit to you."

I sigh as I lay my cup down while a man with black hair with glasses stares at me with a stern gaze as he listens to my BS story with a dumbfounded look.

"Look, man. I know you don't go out on your lab and all but at least bask in the sunlight from time to time Kyle. Jesus Christ, you also need to get yourself a girlfriend if you start seeing hot gals left and right."

"Listen Rob. I can kid around with the women thing but the former one is something important. I'm not kidding here with you."

I grab his hand with a serious look as he felt like there was something wrong with my mental state as I began to look paranoid due to having dark spots in my eyes. From his perspective, it seems that I was more on not just being delusional but also being sleep-deprived as well.

"Kyle, I know that your the type to not kid around but even for me man, your story about Apocalypse and all is a kinda crazy thing to not believe at all...."

"Rob. 'Project: Prophet Sight' is a success."

"Pffft!"

The moment I said about that thing, he spits out his drinks as he look at me in astonishment, thinking that I was now saying even more crazy things than the apocalypse and all that but I shook my head, letting him realize that I was still serious in what I was saying.

He nervously tried to raise his cup, shaking in something unbelievable, asking me to repeat myself since he didn't want to believe what I was saying to be true.

"Kyle. You know that the project of yours is something even I don't want to believe."

"Heh. Then, you won't be laughing at me once I let you test it out. I was planning on showcasing it to my mentor first to see his reaction but something happen...."

"The apocalypse thing right Kyle?"

"..........."

".........Fuck me...."

Seeing I was silent the moment he mentions it again, he knew that I wasn't kidding anymore since he is also like me, wanting to show proof like all scientist wants as I let go of his hands and took a sip of my coffee, letting me relax as I still wanted to stay awake for our conversation.

"Listen Kyle. This Apocalypse thing happens on..."

"December 31st, midnight before new Year. It took me a year to notice the problem since it was timed during Andy's yearly update schedule. As for the zombies and mutant thing, I'm still blind on how it started but at least I can roughly take some theories...."

"Foreign Friends from Space right?"

"There's also some other type of theory about dimensional invasions and all that shit but I'm also with you on the Alien thing as well."

Considering that the most plausible conclusion we have during our brainstorm, we were more inclined to believe in something we can prove than some supernatural BS theories which question our science facts and all.

Robert was about to ask for more details about what I've seen from the future however he got a call from his girlfriend which he excused himself from the table to talk before coming back and apologizing to me.

"Sorry man. She said that her parents aren't home and...."

"Oh Fuck off!"

I raise my middle finger at him to which he laughs at how jealous I am of him. He asked me if he wanted to hang out again as I replied that I'll be staying here for a week at most before heading back to deal with personal matters.

We fisted our hands together before leaving the store as I was about to look for a place to stay....

"Hey, are you free by any chance?"

"????"

Someone began to tug the corner of my shirt as I turn around to see goth looking girl who was looking at me with interest as I find myself in a confusing predicament.

"....Y-yes....?"

"Good."

I was actually quite nervous since I didn't expect to get dragged away by a girl out of nowhere. Totally did not even realize what I've gotten myself into as we both headed to a nearby place which looks to be a hotel. My eyes widen at the sudden possibility of me having to....

"You looking for a place to stay right?"

Have my hopes up dashing away as I facepalm at the misunderstanding of having thinking differently from what I thought of as a possibility.

We both got inside the building as a large man with a dangerous look was glaring at me as I didn't feel terrified about his look at all. Looking at the terrifying zombies and scary-looking mutants had probably numbed my sense of fear which the man was surprised at how calm I am as the girl turned to me with a surprised look.

"Yo. For a hottie like yourself, you seem to be quite calm when facing our famous hotel manager."

"Well, sometimes in life, looks aren't something to see in a person. How he looks from both in and out would be an indication to tell if he's good or bad."

"Heeeh....."

The girl was amazed at my statement as I walk towards the owner who just glares at me while slamming the keys in front of me.

"How long do plan on staying?"

"Just a week at most. Touring and hanging out with a friend here."

"I see...."

After some time passes, he began talking about the food arrangements as I plan on only eating here for breakfast, planning on eating out to some famous cuisines in the country for lunch and dinner.

Finally ending our arrangement, I was planning on heading to my room as I got stopped by a girl who raises her hand, already knowing the hand gestures she wants to convey.

"For my services of course."

".....fine."

Since I don't have to trouble myself to find a place to stay, I decide to play along with her as I pull out my wallet and handed her money as her smile grew large at how much I had paid her services.

"Woah, not only do you look hot but you're loaded as well. Quite a big fish I caught myself. Hehehe..."

She began to count the money I gave her as I didn't plan on staying long. I was too tired from staying awake and needed to take a rest since those hallucinations I have begun to decrease the moment I arrive here.

But as I began to walk to the elevator, a hand reach out to me as I turn to her again.

"Hey, if you need a tour guide in this country. I'm your gal. What do you say handsome?"

"Uhh....I...."

As I was getting sleepier as time goes on, I was about to shake her hand but something had happened that caused me to be wide awake.

A silhouette had appeared in front of her as she began to look like someone whom I was familiar with, someone I seem to recognize yet at the same time I felt disturbed.

'It's like she's someone I'm supposed to be close with. Yet at the same time, I don't.'

I was totally getting more and more paranoid as time goes on. My vision became more and more confusing which causes the girl who was smiling a moment ago, begin to feel worried about me.

"H-hey. You feeling okay?"

"Yeah...I'm just tired."

I said as I gave a wry smile.

"And as for the tour guide, I might need someone to show me around the place."

The moment I said that she gave out a wide smile as she began asking for my number to which I handed it to her before we walk away as I headed to the elevator, pressing to my floor.

'What the hell was that? For a single moment, I felt like the girl became someone I'm familiar with yet this was actually the first time I met her at all....'

The dizziness of the abnormality of the situation began to seize inside my head as my mind became more and more paranoid of not only having to deal with the upcoming future in store for humanity but also my personal problems of seeing those girls, two of which I felt familiar to yet at the same time unrecognizable due to meeting the two girls already yet have different personalities at the same time.

Saika was more on quiet and rarely responds to her instinct which was far cry from her past self whose cheerful and talkative.

On the other hand, the new girl met was quite aggressive to me and proactive with her intentions.

'But I don't feel she acts like that at all....'

Gazing from the window, feeling the moonlight shining upon me, I sighed as this was too much to think about as I drop my luggage on my bed and decided to take a bath to cool myself before looking more into some psychological books to check up more on my mental health before going to bed.

11