Chapter 19: Unexpected
273 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since I plan on staying in London for a week, I decided to spend some time having to tour around the place as I mostly plan on the trip, having to meet with Robert and discuss about the events that would take in the future. 

However, by the next day that I was planning on meeting him again, he had to excuse himself since he was called in a meeting to discuss about his research on stem cells back at the lab. While I didn't plan on disturbing him on his work, I decided to take the offer of the girl as I don't really have much to do during the day.

"Say, what do you actually do, Kyle?"

While visiting the Tower of London, she started talking about my reason for visiting this country as I told her about meeting a friend and all that, avoiding the truth about seeing the future and all that as I talk about how I'm just taking a vacation here for just a week.

I didn't tell her about my main occupation since she either might not get on science talk and all that as I decided to tell her about my side work.

"Wait, a game designer?"

"Yup. Just a freelancer since I don't really plan on making a company out of it. Mostly helping some companies out on commissions or type of game services."

For me, this was actually more of a work-related problem than a hobby as I usually practice making games, honing my skills in developing my AI to do more complicated actions in their code.

Making a smart AI was quite a chore since writing the program on Andy and his siblings was complicated as more code was put into it to which they became what they are today due to trials and errors in programming AI from games I designed.

Also, it's more on the fact that I get bragging rights to Robert after showcasing some of the games I made which became famous as to rub it into him for teasing me for being single.

"Yo! You made these games?!"

"Yup. Though some of them aren't good enough to be popular."

The main reason why my games are popular is mainly due to the gameplay itself as the NPCs act more natural than most game companies ever make while some of the security features are so tight that hackers actually paid me to break my own security. Making every online game I made so protected that it's safer to store their money there than a bank itself.

When it comes to technology, I'm basically am a god at it. Showcasing my hacking skills that could penetrate the dark web like my own home while at the same time, can easily walk to a highly secured place if it's handled by technology. Nothing can escape from my eyes as long as you have a piece of tech in your hands.

But other than that, I'm basically just a slightly stronger human(due to nanotech inside me) which I can't cook a decent meal without causing a kitchen fire.

Can't drive a car without crashing it, tone-deaf, and even die on the first day of the apocalypse if not for Andy helping me and providing assistance when needed.

On game terms, I have a mess-up stats with 1 on every stat that's not intelligence, wisdom, or charm. Even those 1 are just enhanced from the nanobots that provided perfect physic on my body.

It's kinda sad that I'm only good at researching and technology but horrible at anything else as I usually get bullied on the internet because I can't write shit on stories or even design a good character unless I either buy the artwork or design it from the AI itself.

"I'm actually amazed at how good the gameplay is yet at the same time felt bad that it's overshadowed due to the story pacing and the character design being all over the place. You could have made a killing if you have someone to help you out."

"Yeah... I guess so."

I feel kinda bad about myself since other than technology, I don't have any interesting traits which would impress a girl as it might have been the reason why I'm so jealous of Robert.

He might not be as smart as me but he not only has friends but even has a hot girlfriend to boot as I sighed at how unfair it is...

Given that I mostly prioritize on researching and working on with technology, I don't really have much in life other than just sitting inside my lab all day long.

"Wait, did I introduce myself?" The girl asked as she mostly just talks about me without even knowing who my tour guide is as she blush and smiles at me the next moment.

"Hahaha. Well, Mr. Kyle. I apologize for not introducing myself to my customer. Name's Leia. Leia Smith. Nice to meet ya."

She raises her hands towards me as I smiled back and shake her hand before she gave me a wink in a flirting tone.

"Say hot stuff, your mind playing having to go to a more...interesting place?"

"Alright. I don't much plan on my trip anyway so might as well have you guide me to some more of the interesting places here."

I scratched my head in acceptance, not knowing what I plan on doing here as I wasn't much of a traveler and more on the type to stay in my room, either working on something or just sleeping to the next day.

Hearing Robert's advice on taking a break from research, I decided that I might've spent too much inside that I was a bit reluctant to head out but I feel like staying with this outgoing girl might help me out break out my usual habits of being a NEET.

"Say, how's your drink?"

When she lead me to a pub around the city, I felt like it might be a bit run down but it held a cultural charm which seems to have some special indication to it as I replied to her honestly.

"I don't know my alcohol capacity as I don't really drink as much. To be honest with you."

I do attend some parties which some famous scientists attend to, holding special banquets in regards to building connections with other fellow researchers. Though I mostly avoid drinking as much as possible, abling me to have a stable mind, not trying to get myself drunk while listening to talks about their own researches.

So, I rarely hit the cap of getting to the point of being wasted as I don't really mind getting myself drunk due to having a cute girl guiding me.

"Heya Chief! Get me a drink for me and a friend of mine over here."

"Oh, if it isn't the lass..."

A rough-looking man with muscular features rudely greets us as Leia quickly finds us a seat before us to sit on as I look for my poison to pick before turning to her in curiosity.

"I didn't expect you to lead us on a pub in a day."

"You know me, Kyle. I'm kind of a gal that likes to have her drink at will. I just didn't expect you to follow up with my habits as well."

She gave a questionable gaze at me as I just shrugged and smiled at her, letting myself explore more of finding the interest of letting myself be lead on with such an outgoing gal.

"If a woman likes to drink, I can't just disappoint her by refusing. Plus, I'm actually curious as to what would a drunk you would do after getting herself wasted."

"Heh. Let's just see who's going to get drunk."

"Oh, I like that challenge."

Both of us gave each other a competitive gaze as the bartender gave us a mug each as she took the challenge first by chugging her drink in a single breath.

"Gah. Well, how about that Kyle? Can't keep a girl waiting."

She gave a smug look at me as I smiled and drank up as well while turning off my toxic removal on my nanobots as to let myself get drunk from this.

We both began to talk more about each other, down to a personal level as we got closer to each other. Having fun while letting ourselves waste as I began to discover two things.

One was that my hot tour guide was actually quite a drinker as she gulps down drink after drink as she teases me to give up while the other thing was that I'm quite a strong drinker as well, even though I had turned off my toxic removal as to let myself get drunk as well.

We ended up taking our drinking session the entire afternoon as we left the pub and headed to a nearby restaurant for dinner....

"Okay. This is quite unexpected."

By the time I realize it, it was already morning as I turn to my side, viewing the bright sunlight while focusing my gaze at Leia who was actually naked with me on the bed, cutely puffing herself.

"I didn't expect you to be such a beast on the bed Kyle. Hehe..."

"Oh...."

I just smile lightly as in my mind...

'Hell yeah! Losing Virginity? Let's Go!!!'

An unexpected harvest which was now more interesting than solving a new equation as I now have some bragging rights for Robert to tell about.

12