Chapter 20: Discussion
337 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey. Why are you looking at me like that?"

"........."

Robert gave me a stern glare as my look was quite annoying to see as I was currently looking at him with a smug look while he decided to give me a tour at his lab.

While he isn't like me, who already owns a private lab, he still has a lab to work with while even having to have a career as a professor at a prestigious university.

You could say that while his research is mainly funded by the school, he still has free reign to work on any subject as his main research was on the terms of improving stem cells to grow organs in the human body.

"I think it's much better to just remove the organs entirely and just replace them with cybernetics all together you know. If you want, I can help even fund that research since I'm actually free right now."

Robert turned towards me with a disgusted look, probably thinking that I'm too much of a machine freak due to relying everything on technology. Mainly because that I'm so bad at everything except for anything related to technology.

He smacks my head in a disgruntled look, thinking I'm saying so many crazy things while forsaking my own human morality altogether.

"And this is why I hate that outlook of yours. At least do something that isn't tech-related such as swimming or playing soccer for Christ's sake man. You don't have to view everything like a program."

"I....I can make games...."

"............"

"......I'm sorry...."

The moment I said games, he gave another smack in my head as I covered my head this time yet still apologize as he saw that I was still thinking of technology.

He was about to scold me again but stopped as we both reach our destination.

"Hey, Kyle. You have the data right?"

"Yeah. I'm carrying it right now."

I showed him a USB stick in my hand as he nodded and open the door as I entered first before him.

The first reason for Robert calling me today was to give me a tour at his workplace, showing me around while trying to recruit me to work here as a professor as well. While I have a teaching license to work as a professor, I don't really plan on teaching as I mostly just prefer being able to freely work without having to teach anyone.

And the second reason why he invited me here...

"Welcome, Mr. Anderson. Robert had gathered us all here since you have proven that not only did you succeed in your experiment but also wanted us to discuss about the upcoming future events that you have foreseen."

"Yes, Professor. But before I talk about the latter part, let me explain my theory and experiment to our fellow scientists here about my project and discuss more on to the second subject as to understand the grave importance of it."

I said as I tossed a device in the ground which begins to light up, making a 3D hologram of a certain device that was the same one as in my lab.

"Good day everyone, I would like you to observe the project that I've been working on. Namely, a way to fully harness the power of the quantum computer to predict the future, 'Project: Future Sight'."

The scientists from not only here but also on the people who watch it from afar on their screens all over the world began to exclaim and tune in to the device in front of them.

I let them observe the device for a few minutes to get a better look at how it works as I began to discuss the inner workings and functions it provides.

"Relying mostly on the Quantum computer back at my lab, this harnesses the calculation speed which the computer provides to predict every move or event a single being interacts with. From their interactions with the world, down to how they move around, each event is being calculated down to the second by the device, giving a solid calculation on how a person's fate is decided through pinpoint accuracy on the device. However, while this is still on the prototype stage as it still has weakness of only being able to calculate a single person, it's also limited to how accurate the prediction is through the use of multiple events which are being calculated by the computer as well."

I began explaining science jumbo to the people here as they might not believe this device to be real as I began showcasing more of its theories I've been working on while at the same time, providing proof through the use of giving visual scenes of events that are predicted through trials and errors throughout its journey.

From me showcasing the Day 1 experiment down to the latest experiment(not including the Apocalyptic future), the researchers were amazed at how groundbreaking this device was, even though it's still at a prototype stage.

I continue on more on explaining the theory of how the device works as I handed out some sample studies which uses the inferior version of the calculation but provided a better alternative to test it out, without having to rely on a powerful computer to calculate. It made them feel excited to test this out later on after the discussion is finished but I stopped them from the seats as I became more serious as I began explaining the second subject on this discussion.

"Everyone. Now while I plan on ending this conference here to let you guys test out this new theory, I want everyone to listen on this subject as you guys need to know that it's vital for the survival of the human race."

As I said that, everyone here had more on a confused look as if I was a crazy person, now talking nonsense out of my butt but as one guy began laughing at how I switched from talking in science to basically philosophical garble, I change the screen to showcase a ruined city.

"See here. This is the result of the subject which combines the device and the conference as to why I gathered all of you here in this room."

At first, they were confused as to why they showed me this until one guy realized what I'm talking about as he took closer to the screen and saw the key difference as to why I was showing this to them.

"Wait, can you let me zoom closer there? I want to see that."

The moment a scientist said that I gave a smug look as I already got someone to discover the point I'm trying to cross here.

I immediately agree with him as I zoom the picture towards that direction as the moment they saw it, all of them gasp with astonishment, seeing a particular date that was impossible to believe.

'A Biologist Murdered at XXX street on December 28, 20XX.'

As they all saw that, everyone turned towards a certain direction as the man in question began to turn pale at the sight of his picture which was shown on the Hologram.

"I-impossible! That can't be true!"

In anger, he was quite furious about having to know the date of his death early on as he turned to me in fury but I coldly look at him as if I'm quite being misunderstood here.

"Do you think I want to waste my time on predicting your death when I don't even know who you are? Much less someone I'm not familiar with at all?"

I said that as I told him the fact that he was someone I'm not close with, even having to use the power of the device to know his date fo death.

"This device is solely using the power of the quantum computer, giving the foresight to predict the future which everything the user acts will be predicted based on my interactions in the near future. As much as I want to know everyone's fate, I prioritize on experimental use on seeing my own future as the date of your death was just a coincidence that I saw in my own future."

As I said that, he then realizes that what I've said was true, and knowing that the device just knows of his time of death was just a coincidence that I just peeked through in the near future.

I explained that this scene was extracted from my memory as I showcase the events that had happened in the future, mostly the parts that didn't involve my personal life and Saika. Just showcasing the events of the future, the zombies and Mutants that had spawned in, and the evolution of humans that are capable of inhuman feats.

The more I explain to them, the more they thought it to be nonsense and untrue until I began to show evidence on things that can happen unexpectedly.

"People. This is not just some made-up story I want to troll you with but a fact that might happen in the future. You can believe me or not on this subject but know this.

December 31, this is the choice that will decide your life and death."

I said that before packing up and leaving the room as I don't want to waste time on people that don't believe me.

12