Chapter 21: Girlfriend? I might not be smart enough to solve that
310 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Andy began to inform me that the servers are up as I began giving instructions on turning on Greg, his AI sibling who specializes in construction. I needed to have the base kit out before the apocalypse as I also asked him to turn on our technician AI to start working on mass-producing ammunition for the base.

As I don't plan on hiding it from the government, I'll head to the office to converse with the higher-ups after I settle on my feud with my relatives as I spend my remaining time here with Robert and Leia.

"If your really bad about writing plot or whatnot, how about you just work on making a sandbox game like Minecraft?"

"Something realistic of it?"

"Yeah! It's not a problem for you know is it? Constructing a game like Minecraft but more on being realistic than the game?"

"Hmn....Minecraft is easy to make, mainly because of how the designer uses not only its block structure but how simple its mechanics are to code."

I began to write down how the coding in Minecraft works as Leia was impressed at how I easily wrote the source code without looking at the original and was quite astonished at how I easily remade the game yet has few codes of the line being written to it.

"Most people probably don't know that having less code in the system can actually run the game faster though there will be sometimes bugs that pop up if you don't notice it later on."

After having to play the game for a bit, a few bugs began showing up as I terminate the program before turning towards her.

"But while I can easily make a new game from scratch, it's hard to be creative in making something you don't know what you're doing."

I felt upset since even when I easily code a new game, I still need something to start as I don't really have any idea at I'm working on.

But Leia smiles as if she was given an opportunity in my situation as she gets closer to me.

"Kyle, how about I help you?"

"Hmn? I don't really mind all that much."

I didn't reject her proposal on helping me develop a game since it doesn't matter what game I plan on doing, even if it flunks or be a success. It's more of a feeling that I want to get closer to her more and more, an unknown instinct that I rarely do since most of my thoughts are just purely on logic in a sense.

I don't know why I wanted to be close to her since I only felt a sense of familiarity and a certain feeling of comfort.

Yet at the same time, there's an ominous feeling that I can't tell, even though I know a bit more about her.

It's like eating a lemon which you know it taste like sour but you didn't expect to be that sour. Or something like that, a feeling I can't really explain in detail very much.

But whatever it is, Leia is just a girl I'm close with, even having physical contact with her and even when I don't much about her on a deeper level, I can put a certain trust that if something were to happen between our relationship, nothing much would be ruined as I can still fix it no matter what.

It might be due to having less contact with the opposite gender but being close with Leia felt a sense of warmth all around me.

"Hey, are you that hungry for me even though you already got a taste for me just yesterday?"

"....Haha. Kinda..."

Both of us laugh before continuing our tour as I decided to buy a car just to have an easy mode of moving from place to place.

While it would have been a problem for me to drive considering I have the driving skills of a drunk driver, Leia was smug as she showed me her driver's license as she drove the car for us.

We both enjoyed ourselves throughout the day, getting into trouble by entering some drag racing and so on but even with the troubles we did, we enjoyed ourselves till night arrive as we were about to drop to our hotel till...

"Leia?" A guy shows up as we both got out of the car. Both of us turn around to see a man walking by, giving a smile while looking at Leia who was the one driving a car.

"Wow, I didn't expect you to have a nice ride there."

His shock couldn't be that surprising since the car's design was quite impressive to look at, considering how splendid its design was and how expensive it was to even use a car like that.

"Oh, I just got this as a gift."

When she said that, the man turned to me who was just silent, staring at them while pretending to be just a bystander.

"Hey, is that guy....your boyfriend perhaps?"

As he said that, my mind became blank as felt like my heart began racing. Thinking that me and Leia dating was somehow exciting. Yet I quickly cool down, remembering that we only just met in a few days, and even though we have physical contact with each other, it's not likely for her to like me that much.

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

As she said that though, I and the guy were both shocked as we turned towards Leia who quickly approach me and dragged me inside the hotel.

After entering the elevator did she finally calm down as she turns to me with an embarrassed look.

"Um...I apologize for having to use you in being my fake boyfriend, Kyle."

"Wait, we're not dating?"

"Eh?"

"Huh?"

Both of us turned to each other, finally noticing our looks as she has her face turn red from blushing while I have a disappointed look on me.

Realizing that it was only a rouse to have her escape from that situation, I suddenly felt upset that I was the only one who thought that we have something together.

"W-wait, you actually believe that we are dating?"

"Are we not?"

Looking even more depressed when she repeated it again, this time having to feel the pain of getting emotional of being rejected as she turns to me with a nervous look.

"I thought that you have a girlfriend and all since your quite a popular guy...."

"I'm actually single and just lost my virginity recently."

"H-huh?!"

This time, she was even more shocked the more she looked at me. I mostly don't hang out with the opposite sex very much and I rarely know how they feel about me.

Mostly my sis says that I'm quite a hottie but it's mostly just her encouraging me to get a girlfriend or something while Robert's girlfriend mostly compliments me because I'm his close guy friend he has.

So, I don't really know much about the perception of beauty and all, mostly just working out to lessen the burden of my body, mainly to keep up the energy to be efficient in my research.

If anything, the second closest to the girl would be Saika which was impossible for her to remember me at this time.

So, Leia is actually the only girl I know off. Even having to be close enough to know her physically.

At first, she felt excited, knowing that she took my virginity but in the second half, she felt a bit guilty as she apologize to me.

"Kyle, I-i'm happy that you enjoy being with me but I'm...."

In her case, she felt a bit guilty knowing that she acted more of a slut and cause trouble for me but I didn't really mind it at all.

"In any case, I'm sorry that you had to hang out with a boring guy like me. Hahaha...."

Maybe because she realize that she was too good for someone like me, who mostly just stays in the lab while researching all day, even when she had to tolerate herself just to spend time with me.

"But I'm not....fit to be your girlfriend...."

"Because you don't like me at all?"

I said since I already knew that I'm not really that impressive of a guy and not even my wealth can win a girl over.

"But I'm dirty..."

"I don't really mind...."

"And reckless in causing you trouble...."

"Well, trouble does bring fun in the end so that's fine with me..."

"And I act a bit tomboyish at times with you."

"That's even better!"

"Eh?"

"I-i mean that adds uniqueness in you. That's all..."

I quickly fix my mistake, hoping to divert her attention away from the former topic as she chuckles at how poor my attempt was made.

"Thank you, Kyle."

She then embrace me in a warm hug as I stood there, petrified yet still having the will to hug her back in warm affection.

"Hey, I think that there's something on your face."

"Huh? What are you talk-"

As I bend a bit lower, letting her see what it was on my face. But in the next moment....

*Kiss*

Both our lips connected to one another as I blanked out while she just smiles before pushing me out from the elevator before closing the door on me.

As I stood there, dumbfounded, I just saw her make a gesture before the door closes on her as my face flushed at what I saw.

"So, does that mean we are dating or not?"

10