Chapter 22: Zero once more
249 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While I was still confused about my relationship with Leia, I had to return back to Japan after getting a call from the Chief of the Police that the case I filed on my Relatives had now begun and took this into court.

Presently, I already have enough evidence to send my relatives to jail for a long time yet was still cracking up on the breakthrough of my research at that time that I ended up waking up from an apocalypse before sending those guys from jail.

However, due to my recent breakthrough with my latest project, I already knew the formula to complete my research as I only need Andy to build the device as requested before experimenting to see it transfers the same results as my future self did.

In the end, I had to call both Robert and Leia that I'll be leaving the country as Leia was the only one who was seeing me leave due to Robert having to crack up the data I have given him about the biological monstrosity of the future.

"To be honest, I really want to spend more time with you but I..."

"That's fine Kyle. You still have unfinished business in Japan right? And you can always visit me whenever you want to you know."

Both of us gave each other a warm embrace as we both separated from one another in a happy bliss yet sometimes life has to take you somewhere from that happiness.

It might've been just a short week for me staying here but I not only reunited with an old friend whom I might not meet in the near future, but I also met a girl whom I started to grow feelings for, even though it was only on a short while meeting her.

She gave a sense of warmth that I can't really express through words but I always feel a sense of joy whenever we converse, even though I had not told her the truth of my actual career. However, she comforted me with a sense of joy as even though she also has something to hide from me as well, she always says that is something that won't put me in danger as I just smile at that without saying anything.

As we part, I felt a sense of longing, wanting to stay with her a bit longer yet just stop at that, not forgetting why I needed to go back....

'But I'll come back to you once I finished with them. I promise.'

With a few found determination, I step on the airport, looking back at the girl as I clench my fist and walk inside.

Not knowing that a sense of foreboding feeling that passes by, letting me feel an uncomfortable feeling inside my chest, somehow getting into my nerve at a moment's notice...

******

"What?! Half a year had passed?! How?!"

I exclaimed as I look through the date on my phone and noticed that it was actually half a year on the apocalypse.

Not expecting myself to just wake up from more than a year of sleep, Andy began updating me about the circumstances as he notice me acting surprised in this situation.

[Sir? What has happened to you?]

"Fuck....I....I don't know...."

My head began to hurt as I tried to recollect the memories I had yet I felt like there was nothing there, feeling like everything I know was just....gone....

I still recall my sister, my rival, and all sorts of stuff I normally have yet....

'Why is there a pain in my chest?'

There was a certain memory of a girl I know, probably someone I care about. Yet the moment I tried recalling her, she just disappear in my head. Like she didn't exist at all...

'Wait....'

"Andy, do you have a memory file of the time I went to London to meet up with Robert?"

[Affirmative Sir. Should I play some clips while you are there?]

'Great! I might get some information of what's going on...'

Realizing that something must've happened that cause me to skip a lot of time, moving faster than I expected, I quickly head sat down to the nearest chair while Andy transfer some videos, looking through any information that has happened while I was in a state of unconsciousness.

"Wait....what the fuck?!"

As I look through the data on my phone, my hands began to shake. Possibly something wrong with the things I saw in the video.

'Yeah, my meeting with Robert is still the same in my memory....we both head out and said our goodbyes...I remember that I faintly remember that some....Huh?'

As mumbled through the video, a sense of unfamiliarity began to grow as I continue watching it.

In it, I was called out by a man who was talking to me and inviting me to a hotel. Then, another event in which a woman shows up, wearing a formal attire of a Tourist Guide, began showing me through the city as I space out and another woman came in to play which I invited her as my body begins to shake at how impossible it was for me to easily talk to people, considering I have major trust issues.

"Andy, have you sensed something weird during all these? My mental state and those people I interacted with?"

[Sir. You seem to be in a relaxed state and seeing them as if you are basically talking to an average per-]

"Andy!"

For the first time, I shouted at the AI who felt a bit bewildered at my reaction as my hands began to shake while my mind is in a state of chaos right now.

'Kyle....'

I still felt that when I saw those individuals, I felt like there was a sense of something wrong. Feeling that I, of all people, don't feel connected with them. Like, my entire mind is being altered to fit into some kind of narrative or something.

'Kyle....'

Most of all, I felt like I only talk to one person, a person whom I'm attached with, feeling a sense of comfort that gave a sense of warmth in my chest. Someone that I try....

Wait....why do I feel like I was close to her?

'Kyle.'

Now that I think about it, I don't really feel close to a person quite that fast. I'll be hesitant at first, then start to investigate that person while looking through her data....

Even from that, I don't approach people and act more on caution rather than comfort.

Yet....

'Kyle!'

[Sir?]

"Hah! W-what....? The hell did I...."

I snap out of reality, coming back from the sense of discomfort in my chest as I finally realize that I was already kneeling on the ground while panting from fear.

[Sir. Your brain waves had spiked after you pause before collapsing on the ground.]

"A-andy...."

While I try to calm myself, my hands began to shake as if I'm somehow in a sense of illogical nonsense I'm dealing with, not science can explain.

I began to trace my memory, even began to bring up the past memory on the time I peeked into the future and a new sense of oddity began to manifest as my eyes widen at the sudden thought in that certain scene I saw.

'Me and Saika....why did I actually trust her that time?'

There, memories began flooding in, recalling that moment. My mind traced that certain scene as I felt the same wavelength when I recalled the same person with the girl I met in the apocalypse.

'At that time, Saika felt like I can put some trust in her...'

(Idiot! She might kill us! Why did you just hand over the coordinates to our base?!)

'She's quite a cute girl and I don't think she's dangerous...'

(You Fucker! That bitch can slice a mutant into swiss cheese instantly! Did you not realize how you just let a ticking time bomb enter the most safest place you have while not realizing that she can just slit our throats in our sleep?!)

'I can trust her.'

(Trust my ass! She and Leia are dangerous girls in the Apocalypse?)

"Wait, Leia?"

I punch myself, snapping back into reality as I recall the girl I forgot. The woman thought to be some sort of angel sent from the heavens.

But now....

"Hahahah......hahahaha......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!"

I began to laugh, maniacally from insanity, like having to solve a rubrics cube. All the pieces of puzzles began to fit into a scenario in which I felt the odd sense of seeing some random girls whom I never met in my life. Yet....

[Emergency! The Lab has been breached! I repeat the Lab has been Breached!]

"What the...."

My mind began to spiral down as I turn around and saw that there were two girls behind me.

One was a person whom I'm familiar with.....

"Saika....."

"Hi, Darling! I miss you so much!"

The iconic white hair, red-eye combo I had seen in my future memory of the future, now right in front of me as she was pushed away by another girl who was glaring at her as she turns around and gave a loving smile towards me.

"Heya Darling. Just ignore that bitch and continue what we did last time with just the two of us."

"W-what the hell....?"

I was more and more confused by their interaction as I didn't understand why they are so close to me, even when I barely know these girls.

But once they saw my reaction, it was as if they knew about something and an upset look formed between them.

"Aw....it seems he realizes it again...."

"Damn. He might pick up some clues about this event. Better to end it quickly before the other girls could have a chance."

'Again? What do they....'

Before I could think about it, my head was quickly held by Saika as she had a tearful look yet her grip was quite strong that I suddenly felt like my bones began to break.

"A-ah...."

"I'm sorry Darling. Please forget this event and try again. This time I won't let this bitch take you away from me again."

"No! I won't let you have more time with him you slut! Kyle is Mine!"

I could barely hear what they were talking about as my head was being squeezed tightly as right before then, I felt both my cheeks were being touched as I hear both their voices close by my ears.

"See you again Darling."

"Bye Hottie."

"L-lei...."

*Crack*

10