Chapter 23: A Gaze Through Twin Peaks
198 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting on a chair, I stare at the video of a news playing, showcasing a couple being handcuffed and dragged into the police vehicle while screaming.

[It was that brat's fault! He framed us! We didn't kill them!]

[I know you're watching this you little fuck! I'll get out of here and make you pay for framing us!]

For me, this was supposed to be the greatest moment in my life, after the loss of my family. To finally gave retribution of those people who had harmed me, even taking something important to me and my sister.

Yet....

'I just don't know....'

I felt empty and void, like someone had ripped out something in my heart. Something important inside me just died and can't even cover the emptiness inside me.

[Sir. Are you okay?]

"Hmn...."

I just respond to Andy nonchalantly as I close my phone and proceed to head back to my bed as I force myself to lay down.

(Dangerous......run....)

Voices began popping up inside me, trying to voice out in a rage and scared tone. It kept ringing inside me, like an alarm that won't shut up.

(Girls.....bitches....)

I didn't understand what it was trying to convey to me yet I slowly felt like following its instructions, feeling my body relaxed as each task was completed.

Currently, I was staying at a hotel in America right now, looking atop the wonderful scenery of modern beauty as I had requested Andy to relocate the lab in the depths of the ocean, just to satisfy the ominous voices that won't shut up.

I was totally confused and weirded out by this experience. Yet, I feel that while looking through the data I got from the Prophet Sight, I slowly understand that I might not be safe inside my lab.

Inside my memory, I found out that my lab was broken by two mutants who were so dangerous and had easily taken my security out with ease. In the end, I found myself surrounded by the two and all I could remember was...

"I died...."

Clenching my fist, I still remember the first scenario I saw. Seeing my sister crying while I was trying to hold on to dear life, dying from the toxic radiation as I ended up dead before being placed on the operating table.

While I didn't expect to just die like that, I realize it could be possible due to the likelihood of me not being exposed to the toxic radiation early on, unable to adapt as I got exposed to not only a large dose of radiation, it's mainly on the later stages which the radiation had surpassed what could Andy calculate and I still wasn't immune from such a lethal dose head-on.

While I still find myself back to this loop once more, I still find this 'Time Paradox' to be interesting to research. Just enough to further improve my upgrading the PS(Prophet Sight).

'I still don't understand why my body fears heading to London to meet up with Robert but I don't really need to prioritize that since I mostly want to see my sister after recalling her at that time.'

Plus, it's almost 4 years had gone by since then.

While I am still afraid of the future that would unfold, I want to at least spend more time with my remaining family member that I had to cancel out meeting with Robert to talk more about the upcoming fate of the world.

"Vtubers..."

I contemplate as I view a certain anime girl on my phone while scratching my head since I want to understand my sister's husband.

He was enthusiastic about introducing me to this....'Rabbithole' he praises about as I want to be close to him as he is my supposed Brother-in-Law.

As there are different kinds of girls streaming, each gave out unique personalities and so on.

I was more on learning than being interested as I can't seem to understand why they are popular due to the difference in the likeness between one person from another.

While some interesting points crave me from learning more on researching on Virtual improvement, I can't seem to be as connected as with the average person as my taste was more on learning how they work rather than feeling the warmth from their cuteness or other things they do.

Not gonna lie, I might understand how they are well-liked by people if only I don't view more on the technicality of their avatars.

In the end, I donated money to a certain Vtuber my in-law likes before closing my phone, thinking about how to fill this void inside me.

"Do I really need to do as my sis says?"

******

"Ugh....your such a lame guy."

"........"

A girl left while I stood there in silence as I slumped on the table, unable to find myself lucky on these Blind dates my sister had set up.

The girl, in particular, was just a golddigger, and not only that, she kept on spouting feminism left and right that she ended up storming out once her expectations of me weren't enough to satisfy her.

The waiter who saw that, approach me as he wanted to settle the bills as I pass my card to which he was surprised before smiling happily, taking it, and quickly heading to the counter.

The crowd who saw my card and the waiter's expression as I handed it to him, can easily tell how stacked I was yet I didn't mind their gazes as I mostly just wanted to be like my Sister or Robert who is happy with their lives.

It felt like they always found their happiness every time they are together with their loved ones as my heart still pains about having to recall something I always feel like it was gouged right outta me.

'I'll just walk around since the date was quicker than I expected it to be.'

I began to just walk around the busy streets in the morning, just strolling without any destination whatsoever. Just trying to find solace in blending with the crowd.

As I continue to walk through, I ended up seeing a person picking up her items that had fallen over, probably the bag she was carrying couldn't hold the weight from it.

I would have ignored her since somebody else would have helped her but I felt like people just saw her and left, probably minding their own business.

"Here."

Since I felt like nobody was going to help her, I decided to volunteer. Picking up some items with her as I passed them to her.

At first, she was shocked when she saw me and tried to find excuses to dismiss me from helping her but I shook my head since I noticed that it might be hard for her to carry all of these without any help.

"A-are you sure you're fine about helping me carry these?"

"Yup. I don't really have much to do. Plus, you look troubled with carrying these."

I began walking with her, heading to her place to drop these items off at her place as she seem to be skeptical about me which is understandable.

A random guy showing up helping you, without asking for anything is something to be suspicious about. Considering that I acted nice without trying to do something with her. Her caution of me was something I considered as I just let it by and walked with her to her place.

"I didn't expect to meet with a nice guy such as you."

After arriving, I let her open the door while holding onto her stuff as she began to drop them off inside and thanked me for helping her.

I just did what a normal guy should do, considering I felt bad about letting her carry those stuff without any help whatsoever.

While she was about to thank me for my services, another girl shows up and began to invite her inside as she saw me and smiled.

"Hey."

"Hi. Just helping her carry some stuff."

I responded normally since I didn't really do much at all. It was mostly just out of goodwill I wanted to do.

While I was about to leave the place, her friend quickly stopped me as I tilted my head in confusion.

"I think this girl should probably treat Mr.Nice Guy on a meal for helping her out."

"Huh? Anna, what are you..."

Both of them began talking as I didn't feel like trying to ask for a reward for what I did as her friend just walk forward and asked me my phone number as she took out her phone with a grin.

I went along with it and added my number to her phone as she smiles happily before pushing her friend inside.

"How did you like them? I know you had perverted thoughts since you notice them right?"

"Hey Anna, what did you mean by that?"

She smiles smugly at me, telling me that she can see through my face as the girl in question tilted her head.

But for me....

'Fuck! She caught on.'

Not gonna lie, while walking with her. I did take a peek from time to time, curiosity dragging in my mind as I noticed that she wasn't....

*Cough*

It seems that she was hiding it from the girl, probably going to tell her later once I'm gone as I didn't plan on sticking around, going to delay my stroll as I plan on talking with my sis about my Blind Date.

7