Chapter 24: Origin
171 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Cool! The robot is dancing.)

(But I can only make it dance. I wanted it to fly....)

(But it's amazing that you can make him dance....)

I don't know why but I slowly coming back to my childhood, recalling the days that my genius had blossomed, bursting ideas which no child could ever do in their lives.

Through, it was mostly with the help of my mentor to create my first-ever invention, yet I wasn't proud of my achievements due to its lackluster performance.

I always aspire to make stuff as Mentor did, such as AIs or moving vehicles but with my experiences being still that of a child, my experiments were just merely just playing around, not being proud that I had already took off than most kids older than me.

My Mentor has always complimented me, saying that I was such a talented child. Yet, I always look down at myself not being confident enough to make something cool to show off.

I was just trying to get people's attention, trying to show off so that my father could be proud of me. Having something to win against my sister over at that time.

But while I was sulking in a corner while watching....

A girl shows up, making a smile that I was unable to forget....

******

"I had fun playing with you little bro."

"Same here. I thought I would do badly when playing games...."

"Nah, at least you aren't as bad as those game journalists trying to play games they aren't good at you know."

James stretches his limbs in a comfortable position as I drop the controller on the table while drinking water to quench my thirst.

My sister just smiles both at us as she goes to the kitchen to cook dinner while both of us were playing, in between from both sides, sandwiching a toddler.

My niece, Claire, just slept beside her father as he smiles while poking her cheek while trying not to wake up the little princess.

"I thought that having kids might bring more problems than it needs to be you know right Kyle?"

"Yeah, it's quite hard to take care of one, even more so when you have to constantly watch over them when they are still dependent on their parents."

James just smiles while feeling a warm feeling on his chest, watching their child who was cute in their eyes as I stare at him and their daughter with mixed feelings.

I never met my sister's boyfriend the last time I visited her and she mostly talks about how she badmouths him to the point I viewed him in a negative light.

Yet, I was quite shocked that they ended up getting married at the time I was dealing with our relatives. Not having enough space to either attend their wedding nor see my niece due to bringing trouble to their family.

So, having to finally see both the husband and their child, I can say that I felt glad that my sister was happy with her life as I didn't want to let them suffer from the future that was unfolding.

"But really man? Inviting us to a private Island?"

"Yup. It's just a way to compensate for not being able to attend your wedding and not visiting my niece's birth."

I showed him a video of the Island that I was currently reconstructing as he felt amazed at how loaded I was.

While it's true that I had the riches from getting the company my parents had left but I mostly use the money I got to fund my research which was blown off to make more. In the end, I probably own more riches than the Top billionaires in the world due to the revenue of having to sell off my inventions to the world and government, while mostly using them to fund more of them back to my research.

Basically, I use the money I got to research and sell my inventions to fund more back to my research and the cycle continues to the point I basically have no more interest in money.

The card I gave to the waiter was a VIP card from the bank I now own since there is no security more secure than my own due to how hard it was to decrypt from an AI that changes its security protocol every second.

Not only that, If I wanted it to, I can just hack other banks to get more money if I was desperate enough since there's nothing that can escape from me if you have the technology to rely on.

So building an Island was just a small sum of money gone that I can just grow again.

But the most important thing was that I had actually begun planning on making it a more secure place for the upcoming end of the world as I had recreated a hidden lab underground which was also slowly being reconstructed like a secure fortress before the year was up.

Burning money from not only constructing builder bots to speed up the process while securing gaps to make the base secure is like throwing them in the furnace, by the time the construction is finished, but I will also basically be broke in just a year due to burning every single penny I have into making the place, equipped with so many things that I'm basically self-sufficient in the world. Basically recreating an apocalyptic fortress base in preparation for that event to pop off.

I didn't mind having to waste so much money since I couldn't care less about that. The most important thing for me right now is the safety of my family as I plan on inviting them before the new year begins.

Andy and his sibling whose quite efficient and best at construction, the base would already be quite ready before it popped off as I basically have to just wait until it's finished.

Moreover, I always felt like I'm quite hesitant to return to Japan as a sense of foreboding feeling began to sprout as this is the first time this had happened since I used PS.

It's like I began to believe more in theology than scientific discovery as I always felt like my belief in science is crumbling as time goes on.

I don't know why this had happened to me as my body began to act differently after disconnecting myself from the device.

'Maybe this is some sort of side effect from peaking in the future or something?'

To make myself still believe in science, I choose the option where it lay fault to the device or myself, not being able to gaze much into the future or the fact that it's still can't be powerful enough to fully calculate the future.

Maybe it's just that it wasn't powerful enough to handle the intense calculation needed to peek into the future or the fact that even with my enhanced body, I still suffer from the side effects of being unable to handle the pressure of seeing my fate holds.

But....

'If you peek at the abyss, the abyss peeks back at ya....'

A grin plastered on my face, realizing that a scientist who could discover something groundbreaking, should never be afraid to push forward.

If that's what it takes for me to be scared of taking this further, I won't be worthy to call myself a true bonafide scientist.

'Scientist must always break fiction into facts, time is, to tell the truth, and not be one to fear heading forwards. As so might my discovery be dangerous, it's also an opportunity to gaze at the opportunity lay before me.'

In the end, I decided to continue gaming with James and eating with them before leaving to continue to decode more on the apocalypse data I collected from my memory.

The classic 'Know your Enemy' is the greatest weapon against such an opponent as there will always be many ways to defeat a person. Methods might only take one chance but they will always be different ways to defeat or win, depending on which category you want to go by.

Win against through fight, brains, or even just dumb luck. Hell, I won't even lie as there are also many types of victories such as through love or lust, depending on the win conditions you want to set up.

Through some of them are crazy or straight-up suicide, they will work one way or another, even science can't tell why or how.

History is built up by winners, stories of powerful kingdoms are built yet are unrecorded through history due to being defeated by the victors.

I wasn't slacking or forcing myself to rescue my sister the moment I found her. My main goal was to find the source of the problem as I look down at a certain spot in the city.

"The origin...."

This place, this location, is the source of the apocalypse.

Clenching my fist, my first step in beating the future is to end the source before it begins to spread.

4