Chapter 25: Whose that Person? Of course its my childhood Friend!
252 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Due to having more time in my hands, my sister decided to set me up with another blind date as I didn't plan on rejecting due to how I'm not really good at socializing with people.

'If it helps me overcome my shyness with people, then so be it.'

Blind date set-ups are just things people had set up, mainly for each person to have a simple conversation, deciding whether this person is fine the relationship they built up in just a day.

Love can blossom everywhere, Robert says as he texted me after hearing that I was on another blind date with someone.

Yet, I wasn't too confident it would work out. Considering my charisma only went to my face and nothing else.

I wasn't a good conversationalist or anything like that, mainly trying my best to at least appease a person to just like me good enough that she doesn't reject me outright before leaving me alone.

Or, it's mainly just that I'm that unfortunate enough to have bad picks with girls that I ended up meeting 'those' kinds of people.

So my expectations for this date were as low as I can see, given that this date might end up being bad as before.

'At least I'm hoping this time that it's not those people again. I don't want to suffer those kinds of torture once more....'

Praying on the table, for a scientist like myself in this situation, it was my only choice in the matter as I'm scared enough to believe the chances through calculations then start asking God for a miracle.

Arriving early just to meet up with a girl, I didn't try contacting Andy for advice or anything like that as a girl called out to me, asking nervously for help.

"Excuse me, are you my blind date?"

"Um....yeah. Are you the girl who's supposed to be my blind date as well?"

I smile lightly, trying my best to at win the girl over through my looks as hell I don't want to win her over through my stupid science BS right now.

Basically asking her to at least like me enough would be a godsend as I don't want to try another blind date, hoping that my gatcha roll would turn out worse than before.

What I didn't expect is that once we lock eyes with another...

"Kyle?"

"L-lily?!"

******

"Are you kidding me? You did what to the Dean?"

"Yeah! Me and the guys had placed a prank on the Dean using a homemade device I made to trick the principal into going outside while using that opportunity to take our stuff back inside his office. The best thing about that is that it worked and not only that, we didn't even get caught after all these years."

"You must've had a great time in college Kyle!"

"Well, at least I don't have to end up flunking language class because I slept in class instead of....you know...Listening to the teach."

"Oh, Com'on Kyle! That's enough of you."

"Hahahaha."

Both of us laugh while waiting for our orders to arrive as we began to share our school life together to reminisce ourselves in the past.

It was something to let ourselves go due to having spent such a long time being apart, not knowing that one day that we'll see each other once more.

To be honest, I didn't expect myself to enjoy this blind date today since most of the people whom I'm partnered with were mostly just girls who ended up being those types of people that it's like they are searching for a perfect dream guy to carry themselves off as princesses. Not to lower your expectations girls, but keep it at least realistic, and don't blast me with those Feminity BS of yours that I might hurl myself out of a building, just to avoid listening spout to your equality that is as BS as those Twitter post that you spout on the internet.

See this girl here? This Fairly pretty and lovely girl who just wants to at least try her best to enjoy the date? Yeah, she is 1000 times better than you since you don't have to act like you are a protagonist in some princess movie.

Ugh...I think it might've been just that most of the blind dates I got were mostly those kinds of people, to the point where I slowly chipped for a decent woman that doesn't have to look pretty.

Though, Lily is such a pleasant girl to talk with, considering that we are basically childhood friends in the past.

She's actually an exchange student here from Japan whom I could talk with since not only was she the only girl I could talk to within Elementary, she also was a girl who was in the same place as my mom.

So yeah, she is basically a girl I'm close with at that time, a female friend if you will.

Not only that, she is a kinda nice girl to hang out but I don't see her much other than a friend at that time.

But times change and after she's all grown up....

'She's not bad....'

If I compare her to Saika whom I met in the apocalypse, there's no question on whose superior but Lily is just a sweet girl you basically hang out on the street.

She told me that she's a streamer in the online community and basically earns money through commenting on games and so on.

I told her that I work as a scientist and mostly study tech as the main core of my research.

"Wait, are you..."

The moment I show her what I've made, a look of shock and her bright face gave it away as she turns to me with expectation in her eyes.

"Hey Kyle, can you help me with this?"

******

The next day...

Lily and I started going out, mainly just to let our family stop bothering us about having to go on another blind date once more as she invites me to her place as she wanted me to do something for her.

Us going out was not really something special since it's only for her family to stop bothering her about being single and so on.

As to why I was invited here, she let me into her room and began to talk about wanting to update her model.

What she meant....

"Kyle, can you do something like this?"

She shows me a clip of a Video, mainly about Virtual girls moving and acting in an environment in which they move around in a 3D space. My mind became interested as she look at me with expectation.

"While I know that it isn't much after telling me what you usually work on but I just want you to do something like that for me."

"You mean? A virtual 3D space to make your avatar move like that?"

I started to ponder for a bit and expected something more difficult of a task. There's already a device that can handle that and ordering one would be a piece of cake.

But when I turn to her, expecting those kinds of ideas....

"C-can you...like sent me into the virtual world?"

My mind was filled with confusion as it's something I don't plan on working on, considering that I have no.....

Wait....

'I do have one....'

I then recall a device back in my lab which was still in its incomplete state as I haven't been working on it since I came out of the lab.

The thing was only developed a year later since it was such a daunting task of having to transfer my mind into another body.

Most important of it all....

'While I do feel like trying to make a virtual reality machine that could basically bring out the VR era, I still am having trouble with its safety features.'

In the apocalyptic timeline, it was mainly on the prototype stage as it was the only thing that kept me safe while exploring the apocalypse.

While it works, I still have the trouble of using it for commercial use since it's actually quite expensive to make. There's still the upcoming apocalypse to handle which is something I don't have time with to work out as I....

"P-please? I know you can do this Kyle. Plus it could actually win you an award."

'Well, I do have trophies back at my lab which isn't too impressive in getting another one but....'

"Okay. But you have to listen to what I'm going to say okay?"

It's risky but it might help me in the future since it could speed up the process of ways to explore in a dangerous environment. Plus, it's kinda not bad to see a girl smile at me.

For now, I just brought some tools and work on her computer to update her avatar, making it more compatible with facial recognition, body movement, and even adding some gimmicks such as being able to completely do body movement through real-time. It's not much but it's honest work.

"Kyle! This is so cool! I thought that you need some sort of expensive equipment to do something like this."

'Well, your boyfriend(temp) here can easily hack a government base quite easily so something simple as this is as simple as driving a car(wait, I still can't drive a car).'

I just did some adjustments on the 3D avatar before finishing my work as I plan on working(or reworking) on the Nerve gear.

Yet as I leave....

"Just a small token of how much you did for me. I don't think I can repay you for everything you did."

Moving apart, she just smiles at me before closing her door as I stood there, motionless, unable to think as I might've just solved world hunger by accident(not really, just a figure of speech).

I just stare blankly at the outside of her room, outside her place, into the streets, took a taxi while still dumbfounded before finally arriving back at my hotel, still daze.

Then, I walk by the window, stare at the moonlight, and just smile.

"Ah, what a beautiful moonlight it is today...."

LLLLLEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSS

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

6