Chapter Fifteen: Powers On Display
223 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There were now two of me, in a very real sense. One of "me" was inside of the world created by Nevermoor, engaging with her and beginning to hatch scheme upon scheme. The other one of "me" was in the world of Northos, preparing to engage in some good old-fashioned conquest. Both of "me" were having fun, just different kinds of fun. 

The version of me that was about to engage in conquest got to enjoy himself in the form of doing something I hadn't gotten to do much of yet; preparing for combat. He utilized his inventory to swiftly equip and don two potent bits of equipment; the first was a powerful, and regal-looking set of armor known as "The Armor of Evil". The mighty suit of armor boosted his already impressive defensive capabilities and doubled the number of minions he could control, allowing even more of the mighty creatures to leap out of the holes they used to travel through universes. 

The armor covering him was jet black as if it were dyed in the essence of hopeless oblivion itself. It was a full-body suit of armor that powerfully covered him, while magically giving him an aura of despair and evil. With it, the mighty overlord would be virtually untouchable in combat, even aside from his many potent powers. The other item he equipped was a powerful shapeshifting weapon that in its innate form was a mighty and deadly-looking sword that steadily dripped a foul poison. He gazed admiringly at the thing and felt its bloodlust. 

As he studied the beautifully-crafted shapeshifting weapon, minions continued to climb into the world behind him. The minions roared in delight as they escaped the confines of the netherworld, their numbers swelling beyond the usual limit of one hundred that the most minion-minded overlords had demonstrated in the past due to the abundant power of Fohion's soul, as well as the amplification effects of one perk and one item in his possession. 

The perk that my clone and I possessed was known as "Minion Master" and it powerfully linked us to each and every minion we controlled, as well as the thousands of minions within the Netherworld. The other reason why he was able to command as many as five hundred minions was due to the armor he wore, the quasi-mythical "Armor Of Evil" which granted him control over even more minions, tremendously increasing our reach and sway over our servants. 

When the minions finished leaping out of the pits behind him he smirked and readied himself to lead his army to the castle once inhabited by the "Lord of Spree". As he did, I mused on the nature of the potent perks and abilities I had gained by first awakening in the universe which housed the world of Northos.


As the "Overlord" I possessed a number of powers, items, and perks that I acquired at the moment that I was found within the sarcophagus in my personal chambers. These powers, perks, and items, were in many cases fairly basic but still useful ones. 

With a glance, I could tell if someone was loyal, to me or to my cause, through a perk named "Alignment Vision". I found paperwork and other such things to be quite enjoyable, as well as was a skilled bureaucrat due to a perk named "Blackest Art of Bureaucracy". 

I was not just in possession of potent perks, I also possessed handy items. Some items that I possessed were a number of pillars that increased the capabilities of my minions, reduced the arcane "weight" of my magic making it easier to cast, and even increased my own vitality! I also possessed my legendary weapon and armor, which were both enspelled so that any number of my clones could easily wield them at the same time without losing any effectiveness. 

That said, I felt like giving my clone a present of my own. And so I began to utilize the stranger powers I possessed due to my nature as a Living God.

The first thing I did was create a body for myself located within the depths of the Cosmic Warehouse, and upon doing that I felt my consciousness shift. Instead of my "main body" being located in the world created by Nevermoor, my "main body" was now situated in the depths of the cosmic warehouse.

In the depths of the Cosmic Warehouse, what amounted to a sheer white void, my "true form" began to appear. My true form was a massive one, easily bigger than anything I had seen to date, and was totally under my control. But at the same time I knew that projecting this form into a universe might be fun for me, and terrible for the universe in question. 

This was a manifestation of the true power of "Omnilock". I was existing outside of the mundane omniverse, in the depths of what was tantamount to a personal universe, in a space as large as either of the universes I had been inside. And here... I was powerful. Too powerful. So for now I contented myself with the creation of an "Avatar" through which I could do the business I had come here to do in the first place; see to the acquisition of more servants.


For a Living God, things like "Past" and "Future" held little meaning, as we were not as limited as mortals or even lesser divinities were. We could both see into the past and future, we could travel to either time as readily and as easily as an able-bodied mortal might travel from their beds to their kitchens. With a single flick of one astral hand I was able to see clearly into the past and future of the world of Northos, including what would have been the future had I not come into existence. 

Trillions of timelines came into view in my mind's eye. In some, evil conquered the world and eventually led to its destruction. In others, good conquered the planet and led to its stagnation. Without exception these were timelines where I never came into being, and thus was never discovered in the depths of the netherworld. 

One timeline was of special interest to me. In this one, one lacking myself, I saw an alternative history play out in the form of my predecessor being slain by the forces of a vicious unicorn, and I watched the forces of darkness suffer defeat after defeat. In this timeline, Gnarl eventually rediscovered an ancient artifact, the "Big Book o' Evil" and used it to discover the locations of four corpses of great evil beings. He would resurrect these creatures, dub them the "Netherghul", and unleash them on the world. 

I literally reached out into this future and grabbed the book while Gnarl was distracted, using my mighty powers over anomalies and impossibility to reach out through space and time. When the book was in my possession I pulled my arm back to my current time and place, though the "Me" that did this was one I quietly created for this purpose and thus was safely inside of my "Cosmic Warehouse". 

I took a second to glance at the book in my possession, studying its scarlet cover and then flipping through the pages. As I did I felt my mind fill with an awareness of the true, living history of the world of Northos. The pages within the book were filled with information about evils, great and small, and clashes between the forces of justice and the forces of depravity, the armies of light and darkness, and the worshipers of good and evil. And I began to smile. 

The "Big Book o' Evil" was a beautiful thing, a massive black book with the words denoting its title written on its cover in white. When I closed it, it was with a contented sigh, now that I was armed with knowledge. I chuckled to myself and prepared to take advantage of two potent powers of mine; "Metamagnus" and "Celestial Substance". 

I rose my hand in front of myself and used magic to reach through time and space. As I did a shimmering, eldritch portal appeared in front of me, a portal that not only linked me to a specific place but also to a specific time. The portal was linked to the deadly and inhospitable Ruborian Desert, where a single corpse lay crushed by a family of rock giants. With telekinesis I reached out into the desert and grabbed the corpse, pulling it to myself with ease. When the corpse was beside me, the portal changed. 

This time the portal showed me ice caverns filled with dead bodies of elves and dwarves. I studied the other side of the portal, before laying my eyes on two bodies in particular; one of the bodies was that of a deceased elf wizard who wore a crown made of ice, and the other was of a tiny but deadly dwarf who was clad in surprisingly light metal armor and clutching two axes in his hands. Both of them were lifted with telekinesis, and dragged to my side of the portal. 

The portal again shifted and shimmered, and this time when it was stable again it showed me the basement of an ancient castle. In the basement was only a single corpse, one of a surprisingly shapely woman who radiated potent necromantic energies even and in some ways especially in death. I reached through the portal with telekinesis and pulled her deceased form to me. When the corpse made it to the other side of the portal the thing closed, and left me with four rotting corpses. 

I placed them next to each other using my mind and allowed my true, indescribable, and sanity-rending beauty begin to shine through. As I did I felt my power begin to grow, so much so that even reality began to differ to me. The potent power of "Celestial Substance" allowed me to possess a body that was so beautiful that it dwarfed the beauty possessed by even the strongest gods of beauty. The sort of beauty that even a single glance at me would be enough for someone to become my loyal thrall, in the hopes that I might permit them to gaze upon me in my true form once more. 

That was the moment that I reached out into the bodies of the fallen creatures of evil and plucked their souls from their recently fallen forms. Doing so was easy with the power I possessed due to "Heaven's King" since all four of the creatures were mortals. I held all four souls, in the forms of floating balls of fire, on my fingertips.

At that moment I smiled softly and pointed my other hand at the deceased creatures and with but a thought resurrected them. I watched as they began to breathe, and as color began to return to their corpses, blood beginning to flow from their newly restarted hearts and swiftly reaching their extremities. 

All four of the future members of the nethergul slowly began to stir, and then shoot up as one when they realized they were somehow still alive. And when they did, they laid eyes on me. The instant that they did I felt their hearts and souls shift, and even saw the little fireballs above my fingertips flicker and change, becoming a powerful and uniform shade of gold. That made me smile. 

"Why hello there little ones. I have need of your various powers and desire your service." I told them, with a wide smile on my face. I also pointed a single finger at each of them and transformed the fingers into tiny guns, using one of my Blacklight-based abilities; "Non-canon Weapon".

A second later I "shot" them, infecting each of them with the potent Blacklight virus and chaining their minds to mine. They immediately became "Evolved" Blacklight beings, like many of my servants since I hadn't felt the need to infect anyone and transform them into zombie-like beings, though I knew that in time I'd do just that. 

As their minds were connected to mine, I used my mastery over magic to create suits of armor for each of them, and filled them in on their mission; to aid and serve my clone as he conquered Northos. They each nodded at me, now filled with fanatical loyalty, and when I created a mobile portal that floated in the air above them they smiled as the portal descended to grab them and shunt them towards my clone.


"I" chuckled when a portal appeared in front of me and deposited four unique entities onto the grass in front of the army of minions I had summoned and myself. Two of them were human females, one a Ruborian warrior covered in thick armor and exuding an aura of heat, the other a surprisingly curvy woman who radiated a potent necromantic aura. The other two were faeries, an elf and a dwarf, one of whom radiated a chilly aura of frost and death, and the other of whom merely stood still and was surprisingly difficult to notice if the observers were mundane creatures. 

"I" knew what they were, of course. "I" was aware of what my primary body did, especially now that my primary body was safely situated in the depths of the Cosmic Warehouse. I nodded at the creatures, and pointed my sword in the direction of Spree. All of my servants smiled at me, and then nodded, and as one the vast army turned in the direction of the town. We were ready to go and spread carnage, destruction, and evil. And to, at last, take Castle Spree back. 

6