Chapter 4 Video Game
3.4k 15 92
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AUTHOR NOTE: (NEWest)So originally, Chapter 4 had 8k word, so i divide in two but then after editing Chapter 4 v.2, I somehow add almost another 4k words, don't ask me how, so instead of divide it in two chapter, again. I'm just gonna post in parts, instead of their own chapter. 

Never mind, just gonna post them in chapter now. Don't care anymore. Read it up to 100 chapter if u want to know whether u likey or not.

(old note)And please leave a comment, review, and of course, HEART. It really help, it tells us author here are reader that read their work, enjoy it enough to leave a positive comment and review, or even hate it with enough passion. A simple sentence can make our day.

And it did. Tq that one comment in the announcement chapter. That made my morning.

I have fun writting Uncle Oeznik. Funny that his parents have yet to appear. And i try my best writting those royalty, household stuff.

Also this chapter will show how the strength of having high INT n WIS stats. But also how that our MC is still young.

its not perfect but i did my best.

 Enjoy

***

"So Silver. What should we do today." 

Because of how far it took for Sablinova family to travel to visit us, I always let her decide to do what she want, spoiling her in a way. 

Regardless, I enjoy doing both, spending times with her is never boring and spoiling her by a ton by letting her decide what should be our activity together is also starting to be fun as well.

Usually, I prefer to spend my time studying and improving my existent skill, it is a nice feeling to always know improving my skill is always works by simply looking through the System menu.

It won't be fair for her let alone fun to make her study with me in her cousin mansion after travelling for hours, when she expect to have fun or at least a break from her school.

As the young master of Household, it is my responsibility to make sure our guest aren't bored so it my job to entertain them, especially when the very guest is my cousin who is also my best friend.

"Video games?"

"Video games it is."
And I am horrible at it. I definitely blame on my extremely low DEX point. But because of my high INT and WIS. Let's just say I am natural when it comes to tactic and strategy game. 

Combining both of our greatest strength, my wits and her gaming skill, we easily dominate the game against all type of opponent, whether it be against older kids or even the adults. We even have the opportunity to play against pros, and even win against most of them, whether it be DOTA or FPS.

"Carl?" Silver called me the moment we destroy the enemy inhibitor, after singlehandedly ace the enemy team, even though the rest of our teammate are dead, for some reason they prefer playing on grey screen. I type 'gg ez' to the enemy team in chat since one of them decide to trash talk for no reason.

"Yes?" I brought my attention to her as I ignored the enemy team trash talking in chat to which I respond saying 'ez' once more and left the post lobby.

"Can we play a new game?"

"Sure. What is it?" This is new.

Since my family is rich and gave me allowance which I don't need in the first place. I am allowed to buy any game the Gaming market has to offer, but I only buy a few hundreds game for my three gaming platform because some game are exclusive. They are Xbox, Playstation and obviously PC.
So Silver never have to bring any form of entertainment when she and her family came to visit ours. not that I can remember off. She always bring her clothes and essentials.

You think I'm living a sweet life but it is not all joy, because of my poor health, my parents limit my video game time, I can't even complain even if I want to. Staring at the monitor screen for longer than 3 hours a day isn't exactly healthy.

Plus, I have other things to do beside playing video game, like improving my 'skills' in the real world. Technically my whole life is a video game because of the Gamer System. Specifically an RPG game to be exact, levelling up skills and increasing my level and... levelling up skill?... It sound mundane but it's quite fun, really. I hardly find any skill to be too boring to even level up. Whether it be Art, Maths, or various Scientific subjects, or History.

So when she propose of playing a new game that I have yet to own let alone played, of course I be interested.

"It's a new game that's getting even more popular even after months its release. I seem to realize you have yet to own it in your collection. Good thing I bring it with me. We can play it right away." She said as she pulled out game box. I was able to read the title of the game from its game cover, a title that I am quite familiar of.

'Swords and Magic: Runeterra.' 

Indeed, it is one of new game that I have yet to ask my parents to buy as I have still possess a few dozen if not hundred or so of game I have yet to played...

"Sure. Go ahead and insert the disk to the game console." As I make myself more comfortable sitting on a large sofa.

"It's a tactic and strategy game by the way. It about swords and magic, a fight between superheroes and supervillains. We can even play against each other since they have split screen feature..." She revealed as she insert the disk to the console..

"To make it interesting." She continued as she nervously look around for some reason. She's definitely up to something.  

"Why don't we have a bet? The loser will have to do what the winner ask." She said with a obvious large grin on her face even though she looking away from me. I can feel her smiling even when I'm sitting across the room.

"Sure. As long as it's nothing unreasonable. I do it." I play along because why not. Again, spending my time with her is always fun.

"Good. You can't take back your word. And just for you information my dear cuz, I have been practicing at home, so don't get too surprised when you realize you don't stand a chance of winning.

"I'm fine with that. Best out of five?"

"Sure." She said with absolutely confidence.

True to her word. She have been practicing, which is a understatement as she is able to dominate me in the first round, something that rarely happen when it comes to a game that I have advantage of, which show she know exactly what she's doing instead of have been practicing at home. She also won the second round out of the five round we suppose to play. One more win away from her winning the bet. Telling the loser what to do.

But unfortunately for her, she is 200 year old too early to win against me when it comes to tactic and strategy game.

Even though I am a complete newbie to the game, all game more or less have similar thing with each other. 

Such as an objective needed achieve to win the game and a way to gain an advantage against your opponents, such as getting gold in various way to buy powerful item to strengthen your game character, thus I am easily able to transfer my skill from other game to new one.

It's quite an easy feat once you realize where to start looking.

But that's not enough to win against a experience opponent who know exactly what they are doing. An opponent who know what they are doing is more difficult to win against than a experience opponent who possess hundreds if not thousands of hours of playing the game.

Take a good look at League of Legend playerbase, there are player who spend a half a decade playing the game, competitively only to be considered as below average player by the ranking system when there are player who only play the game for a less than a year, dedicating every second of their time playing the game for the sake improvement, and to successfully rated as 0.01% of the playerbase in term of skill of their ability to climb the rank by winning the game.

While an all opponent who know what they are doing can be considered experience.

But that doesn't mean all experience opponent actually know they really doing.

Which is why I have no expectation or even intention of winning the first two round of the match, which I highly doubt I can either way.
Instead, I try to stall the game as long as possible and study every move she made while familiarizing myself with the gameplay, understand what she doing and why, not only so I am able to use the same tactic that she employed and using it against her in the future round, specifically, the third round. I also make up a way plan to counter attack the same tactic that she have shown to me on the spot.

This might sound like a difficult feat to do, which it is for the most people. But for someone who possess an powerful System with a stats of 9 WIS and 9 INT. It is a simple as breathing.

The only way to make it actually difficult if not impossible for me to win the bet is by playing a game that require other attribute that I do not possess much. Like STR... or DEX... or CON. Pretty all three physical attribute.

I'm pretty much giving all all I got. Just because she's a girl, my cousin, who is also my best friend doesn't mean I going to go easy on her.

I either do my best or I won't try at all.

During the first round, following the plan I just made on the spot in matter of seconds, I successfully stall the game as long as possible could while learning as much as I could from my opponent by analyzing her movement. Losing the first round which is according to my plan, believe it or not. I calculated in my mind that I have 12% of winning against her, not really confident of winning against her. She is good, better than I expected, but not good enough.

During the second round, as I have already expected I lost but I now believe I have the chance of winning against her by 42%, lower than I estimated, most likely because SIlver was able to play consistently well, more than my expectation.

The result of the third round? Defeat, Silver first defeat of the game.

As I planned, I was able to have my first win against her in the third round, she however was not surprise that she have lost. She most likely expect to lose to me at least once from the beginning, so her confidence was unwaver as she still believe she will won.

For the fourth round, I believe I have the chance of winning against her by 67%. Even if I tell about it to Silver, it will mean nothing, as we both believe we have the upper hand.

Total Annihilation for Silver. I absolutely destroyed her.

Her confidence? I obliterated it.

Her morale? Demolish.

Part of her believe she have lost even before we started the last round, but somehow she able to pick herself up to keep going when she take a glimpse of me
.
Unexpectedly tenacious. An admirable trait for sure. A trait I have not seen from her interesting enough.

Exactly what encourage her to keep trying when all hope is lost? It doesn't matter, I have no intention of letting her win. Part of me want to give an 'evil laugh' but Silver might misunderstood me for laughing at her which isn't wrong.

All according to my plan, I won the fifth round, not as easy as the fourth round but it was a great challenge nevertheless, she did her best, no one can deny her effort but I have won the match including the bet.

Good thing we played best out of five. If we play best out of three or even a single round. I would definitely lost the-

"Oh..."

"Oh crapbasket." I curse out when I saw the state of Silver is in.

92