Chapter 6 (Rewrite+Edit) Love and Obsession
3.2k 12 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

AUTHOR NOTE: Man I did not enjoy writing this chapter, unfortunately when I first publish chapter 6, I got off track too much, Much appreciate (3) criticism and (4) comments guys, love you guys, so I took it down, remove some content to be used in future chapter but then I realize I also went off track as well, though not as much for sure. So I might have to publish a 1k chapter strictly to avoid going off track, I probably wrote 4k extra words or so in those failed attempts of writing Chapter 6. 

So hopefully, this will work out.

I kinda write 2.6k words but hey, I don't think I went off track.

 

Edit: Also how the heck did you guys not complain about Chapter 5, when I read it, I also went off track a lot, but then again it was nothing compared to what I was writing in Chapter 6, the old version, it was enough to make 3 of u guys to write a comment lol. I guess the info dump has yet to cross the line. I do my best.

10 hours after publishing chapter 6: I have now edit a few sentence, FUCK, sorry I just realize, then 180 probably will miss it but I do think it is worth editing so... Don't worry, you guys dont need to re-read it all, just look up the italic sentence, I think it was a worth editing tho, sorry for inconvenience.

 

"Silver, tell me the truth, do you like me as a boy or do you like me as a brother?" 

 

Carl isn't your typical stupid dense shounen harem protagonist. With his all high mental attribute stats, he is able to notice the small thing, the body language that tells whether the other person likes or dislikes you, this includes having a crush. 

 

Or at the very least, he is getting better at reading the social cues than in the past. 

 

Those high attribute stats are just that, stats, they don't magically come with the skill that those attributes primarily influence. 

 

Just because you have high DEX does not mean you will become a master swordsman just by picking a blade and swinging it a few times. You have to train it, hone it, perfect the skill to the best of your capability. This same goes for other attributes such as STR and skills it primarily affects, such as muscle mass and strength performance of the Gamer Body.

 

Carl at one point in the past suspects Silver sees him as the opposite sex, not that she did anything out of line like kissing him on the lips, but he wasn't sure, for the sake of their friendship that Carl treasure the most, he didn't do or say anything about it. 

 

But now he is confident about her crush on him more than ever. Or at least he has the gut to ask her about it. It is best for everyone benefit for him to talk about it. 

 

 

"Well? Do you?" Carl asks once more. 

 

 

"Yes..." Silver muttered. 

 

'That did not answer my question.' Carl thought. 

 

*** 

 

Silver technically answer her questions.  

 

Carl to her is the most important existence in her life, she loves and adores Carl more than her parents. That isn't to say Silver doesn't love nor appreciate her parent's existence. Her parents love Silver and Silver loves her parents twice the amount, they are both willing to die for each other sake and would have a hard time copping each other possible death if that were to happen, even more so for her parent's as parents have a harder time coping with their child death, even more so when it is their only child.

 

Yes, this includes the fact that Silver is willing to leave Carl behind. 

Yes, Silver is in love with Carl, and she might be a bit obsessed with him. 

No, correction, she is indeed a bit obsessed with him. But it is not enough for her to cloud her judgement and her thoughts of the bigger picture, dedicating her entire existence of 'admiring' Carl, becoming a fanatic. 

She has other people that she deeply care about as well. Mostly her family, Carl's parents who are technically her aunt and uncle.

 

There's a certain reason why Silver is attracted to him. Besides the fact, he's the most attractive boy she has ever seen, who is also her best friend who she can freely express her emotion without afraid of being judged, and the fact that he is one of the smartest, kindest, most talented kids age she will ever meet, even comparing to the other kids back home. 

 

Although, while it is expected that Silver is bound to see him as the opposite sex, especially as they both get older, it also wouldn't be strange that Silver has never seen him as one either. Since she has met and been with him since he was but a babe. It wouldn't be wrong to say they have a strong brother and sister bond except Silver is the one that is being spoiled. 

 

But everything about their relationship, how Silver view him, completely change, after the unfortunate incident that leaves her traumatized. 

 

This is where the new edit sentence appear, once the italic sentence end, the addition I edit in stop. Enjoy

 

It happen to her when she in her martial arts school, in a place where feel safe.

Silver, Silvijia Sabolinova is a martial arts prodigy, who possess a talent that only appears once in a tens of millions.

Great talent, came with its own disadvantage, while you progress in training at a rate that shouldn't be impossible, some people will be bound to be jealous, and the more talented you are, the more success you become, the more insane they will be, driven by their own jealousy.

While others will take ten times the amount of time and twenty times the effort to keep up with Silver talent, by the time they are where Silver was at one point, she was long gone, leaving them behind the dust.

Just like when the kids treated Carl, jealous of his look, they hurt him to make them feel better for themselves.

The same fellow martial artist that she has trained with for months, some even a whole year, the same adult's practitioner who welcome her to their group, making her feel welcomed, even as far as to spend time to teach her, to give her pointers, to keep up with the rest of the class when she first enrolled to their martial art school

They all went mad with jealousy.

Their jealousy, turn into hatred, and they want nothing more for her to fall, to fail. At some point, their hatred went out of control, as some of them were willing to hurt Silver if it means her downfall, crippling her future in martial arts, even breaking a few laws, but believing they won't get caught, they took the risk. 

 

To make her quit pursuing martial arts for good.

 

To permanently remind her to always know her true place in the 'real world'.

 

They were planning to do horrible things to her, some are best to not mention for the sake of one heart.

 

They were willing to inflict great trauma, to her body and mind, every time she train, she will always remember the things they have done to her, and to only stop from remembering it, is by not training.

Some, if not most of them didn't have any intention of actually doing anything to her. Some of them just want to scare her a bit, half of the group just want to rough her up, giving her body black and blue, but some have no intention of stopping there. They were willing to do despicable acts to make sure the word martial arts will never appear in her thoughts ever again.

And soon, the concept of herd mentality come to play, as some people were convinced to do more, the minority become the majority, and the majority 'coax' the rest to do the same, if not 'play along' but turn a blind eye to their 'activity'. The sane have long already realized they going too far, and the lucky ones were fortunate enough to leave, but the rest were unable to leave, even if they want to.

Let just say, whatever happen to Silver on that day, that very incident, was enough to leave a harden man traumatized as well.

Regardless of what happened to them, what happened to that incident, on that day, they succeed in achieving their main goal.

They broke her.

 

 

She never practice in martial art ever again, not until she meet Carl for the first time after the incident that is.

 

 

It was estimated that she will completely heal from her trauma in a decade or even longer or so if she doesn't have enough support, what happen to her in that incident is enough to traumatize a grown adult, let alone a child who has yet to endure any hardship.

 

So her parents, thought, it would be a good idea for her to visit Carl to increase her healing process. As he has a special place in Silver heart.

 

And it is a good idea. The difference before and after meeting Carl in just a hour was night and day. 

 

Carl represents everything good in her life. 

There was no psychological barrier when Carl approach her. She welcomes him with an open arm. When it takes several hours of effort for Silver to finally talk to her parents properly. 

 

But such a simple yet kind act wasn't enough to make Silver madly in love with her cousin. She isn't a simple girl.

 

No, Carl did more. All he needs is to accompany Silver most of the day and say comforting words to her ear while patting her back. 

 

No one will ask him to do more. 

 

In fact, it was more than Silver parents expect him to do.

Carl would but a young child who has yet to hit puberty, let alone understand what is right and wrong (although, in reality, he is properly mentally matured more than most teenagers or even some adults). 

To ask Carl to help Silver cope with her trauma is too much to ask, all they can ask him is to be gentler when playing around with her as they only explained Silver has been through a lot of bad things. When in reality, he already know by eavesdropping on his parents talk, whether or not they know he was there and allowing him to eavesdrop on them to know, more or less, understand what Silver has been through is something Carl is never able to confirm or has any intention to.

 

So he did more, more than Silver parent's hoped for. 

Carl knows he can do more to help Silver, which is why days before Silver visit him, he looks up a book or the internet when it comes to healing from trauma. 

 

He understands the different type of phases of recovering from a trauma.  

Understand the concept of trauma and how people deal with trauma and heal from it. 

 

But it wasn't enough for Carl. He was but a kid who hasn't yet to even finish high-schools curriculum, forget about being an expert when it comes to psychology and trauma within several days. He can only dabble into it.

Even his pre-reincarnation didn't know a thing or two about trauma recovery let alone psychology since the system has yet to give a fragmented memory that can help him. 

 

It will take years for him to be a proper expert. And he didn't want to let Silver wait a day more than she should, he want her to healthy again, to be her old self again, laughing and smiling, not just when she is with him but around everyone her as well. 

 

Her parents. 

Her aunt and uncle (Carl's parents). 

Her school friends in Symkaria. 

 

So he did the next best thing. He asks for advice from a real expert. 

 

Carl, during Silver darkest time, truly outdid his job as a friend.  

 

From an outsider perspective, one could easily mistake his act and effort as if he was Silver boyfriend who truly love her, or perhaps her fiance or even her husband if weren't for the fact they both are incredibly young to get officially married by the law. 

 

He makes sure she always eat enough, even personally feeding her most of the time, something that Silver secretly enjoyed.

 

He makes sure she gets enough rest, even as far as sleeping together on the same bed, which wasn't a new thing but this was the first time they both slept together for a whole month in a row, and if she is unable to get proper sleep during the night or have a nightmare about her trauma, Carl is more than willing to stay up the rest of the night, comfort her like a loving husband comfort his depressing wife who have insomnia or have a nightmare. 

 

And his effort did not go to waste. 

 

By the end of the week, Silver was more or less, back to her normal self. 

She was able to properly express her emotion to someone besides Carl, even with the working servant in the mansion to a certain degree but not with strangers. But forget about leaving Carl side. She can endure waiting on the other side of the bathroom door while Carl takes a dump but the thought of leaving Carl to go back to Symkaria terrifies her (or perhaps she simply don't want to leave Carl side). Hard to say which is why since the thought of Silver completely healed from her trauma is even too much for a miracle work.

It wouldn't be wrong to say she has become too dependent on Carl.

 

But by the end of the month. She was completely back to her old self, cheerful, full of expression and all of that stuff instead of being a void of herself, lack of human emotion, like a human doll. 

 

Within a whole month. She was able to progress through the several phases of recovery from trauma. 

 

The first phase, Stability and Safety. 

She feels the safest when she is with Carl. Just as she feels safe when she is with both of her parents.

The second phase, Remembrance and Mourning. 

She first mourns when she is with Carl, as soon she is able to express the sorrow of her past, not just to her close families and friends but to herself as well. 

The third phase, Reconnection and Integration. 

Acceptance of her past but does not let it define who she is, as it is merely part of her life, something that requires Silver to talk with mostly Carl. And before she knows it, she craved to train martial arts, something she never thought of having, not when she is with Carl.

 

By the end of the month, she was willing to leave Carl side to go back home, to Symkaria as her parents promise her she will be able to visit him more than usual. 

 

Silver would love to live with Carl in Sokovia for the rest of her life. But her parents won't allow it, although Carl parents would gladly welcome her to stay, treating her as their own daughter, and even Silver parents actually wouldn't mind doing so if it means Silver will heal faster, but her parents have great duty to uphold, requiring to go back to Symkaria to do most of their job that they have postponed for the sake of being with their daughter. There's also the fact that she needs to go to school after having a break for a whole month.

 

It was a miracle work done by Carl. Even the psychiatrist was astonished at how fast Silver healed from her trauma. 

But it was only expected if they realize the true 'potential' Carl possess, besides the fact he possesses high intelligence and wisdom, a talent that only appears once in a million, Carl possess a charisma that the world has never seen before. 

They say it is much harder for a patient to recover from mental illness such as than it is to recover from a physical injury, but for Carl, it is only expected for him to easily heal or assist a mental patient by saying a gentle kind, a compassionate word that can warmth the patient heart.

It would be a stretch if Carl merely have 10 CHA, but Carl has 15 CHA stats, a level of CHA that has never existed before. It is only expected for him to have the potential to help most people suffering from mental illness in just a minute or hour by simply talking, an illness that would take months if not years to recover.

For Carl to help Silver to get back up on his feet is only expected.

But something within Silver, change, the day when she finally part away from Carl, that she realizes that she can't live without him. It wasn't a thought that was new to her. As she uncommonly thought of Carl and even playfully tell him a few times to never leave by her side as she can't think of living a world without him.

But now, she was thinking seriously about it more than ever. She really doesn't want Carl to leave her, regardless of the reason. 

She thought of Carl, that sooner or later, he will leave her, if not neglect their friendship when he found that special someone that will occupy most of his attention, a woman that he will be madly in love with. 

And even if he has no intention to leave her even after growing up, there's no guarantee that they won't get in a way in their friendship, whether out of jealousy or extremely possessive of Carl or simply out of coincidence with no ill intention what so ever.

Part of her finally realizes, if she wants him to be within her life for the rest of her life, the only way to make that truly happen is by marrying him, by becoming his wife and only wife.

Sure, he playfully thought maybe Carl has no intention of romantically seeing anyone or maybe, just maybe, there is no woman that won't give him a 'chance' of being in a romantic relationship because of his disability, weak body, poor health and all that, thus no one will realize how truly incredible he really is.

(Ignoring the fact he is a son of a rich noble, a Baron, heir of Zemo and the fact even without inheriting his parent's wealth and properties when they passed away, he alone possesses a terrifying level amount of wealth, and easily has the potential to become the youngest billionaire.)

She knows that it is a horrible thing to hope for someone she loves to have no future in romantic life, especially since it is a lost cause as Carl's attractive appearance is alone enough to attract milliion of suitress, of all types and ages, old and young, from the west to the east, even the women who generally don't value too much in term of attractiveness as they realize there are other aspects to look out for to have a healthy long-term relationship, throw away their rationality and common sense if they have seen Carl true appearance, even just once, as they would no doubt thought Carl is an angel descent from the Heaven.

So instead, instead of hoping for a lost cause, she plans to be his future wife.

 

She would be a fool if she were willing to risk their friendship that Carl will never be able to attract a woman.

And so she decide to plan to 'capture' Carl love and heart, which in a way, failed and even backfired a bit.

She only becomes more possessive, more obsessive, and more clingy of Carl and desperate for his attention. Because of this sudden change of character and clinginess, Carl becomes slightly afraid of her, hiding for several hours in one of the many rooms in his parent's mansion, mostly to calm her down. As he believes the reason she becomes obsessive with him (which is an understatement) is because she hasn't seen him for a 'long' time (long as in several days or a whole week), parted away from him after a whole month of being with him, but in reality, it was a failed attempt of her long-term plan of Silver wooing him.

 

"Let me repeat my question. Do you like me as a boy, or do you like me as a family, as a brother?"

 

 

 

To be continued.....?

 

I am planning to post several more chapters today if nothing happens. Hope you guys enjoy reading this chapter. Do please leave a HEART, comment, suggestion, criticism, anything I appreciate, just don't be that guy who has a bad day in the comment section and decide to express his hate for his life to the internet.

12/12/2021: Also it seems that this chapter was 99% complete, the last sentence wasnt even finish yet dafuq. Nothing too big. Except chapter 7, I will italic any edit I made.

70