Intermission 6: an ancient history
2.4k 22 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I tried something different this chapter. I wanted to have the final intermission chapter end in a bang. I hope you enjoy.

Before you lies a kolanb. However this kolanb is different from the normal kolanb that has been described to you in chapter 7. On it's koala head lies seven horns and seven eyes. A sharp, double-edged sword pierces through its head and comes out its mouth. However instead of being dead like most would assume, it turns and looks at you. You may need to use your imagination to view the kolanb, but it doesn't need it's imagination to see you. And it tells you thusly,

"I know not what you go by, oh perceiver mine. You could be Sulthraze, TheEvee, or even JCountry. I know not for I see you all as a mass of eyes. Each pair taking a turn to peek into the world I and those I serve reside. There are many of you. Thousands even, but the gods have allowed you an audience. They have a story they wish to convey. Please follow me."

And so you decide to follow the strange kolanb. You traverse a great deal of land. You both travel over bitter rivers and displaced mountains. You trek through frigid tundras and foul swamps until finally. . . There lies a grand stair case. You can't even see the top and yet the kolanb starts to climb the steps with its little hooves. You've already came this far. Are you really going to stop because of a steep staircase?

Time seems to slow as you climb. The landscape below gets further and further. There are a few instances where clouds cover your view as you get higher. Your vision is so obscured that you can't even see the kolanb in front of you. It doesn't matter though. You know where you're going. The only way is up after all.

Eventually, after what felt like an eternity you reach the top. In front of you is the strange kolanb and behind the kolanb is a massive gate. The kolanb speaks an inaudible murmur into a receiver and the gates open. The kolanb leads you through. On the other side is a great hall. The kolanb keeps moving at a quick pace so you unfortunately don't get a good look at the pieces of art hanging on the walls. The kolanb then stops at a grand door. It looks like a door you'd expect to see lead into the audience chamber of a king.

When the door opens you see the sight of four living creatures sitting around a luxurious, yet empty throne. Each of the creatures hum a eulogy however you can not comprehend the words. Like the kolanb, they all have seven eyes, however instead of seven horns they have seven wings. The first creature has the head of a lion. Their body is covered in thick muscle. The second creature has the head of a dolphin. Their body is sleak and smooth. The third creature looks like a mass of butterfly wing. At first you don't see any eyes, but soon realize the eye like design of the wings move. You can feel them peer into you. The final creature has the head of a human. You get the feeling they are very wise. The Kolanb then speaks,

"These beings are the ones I serve. It seems you cannot comprehend their language, oh perceiver mine, so I shall serve as a conduit for their voices. But first introductions are due. The one with the lion head is vergoth, the god of war and the land. The one with the head of a dolphin is consith, god of life and sea. The being made of wings is sadnint, god of freedom and the sky. Finally the one with a head most like yours is feconft, god of wisdom and history. There was another. One who even my masters served, however he is now absent."

After noting down the names Vergoth, Consith, Sadnint, and Feconft, you look around. You see many creatures, all having lamb like features. Were sheep significant to these creatures? After getting distracted, the kolanb continues.

"As I've previously stated, oh perceiver mine, we have a story to tell. One from long ago. One that has shaped the world you peeked into so frequently. Please listen wirth perked eyes."

First I shall tell you, oh perceiver mine, how we came into being. About how the one who is now absent made us and what we did with our existence. Everything started with Baxtor. He created everything. The land, the water, the air. He ruled it all, even knowledge. He could've kept this power to himself, however he was lonely. While making the world was fun intially, he couldn't keep enjoying it alone. Thus he took his powers and made them into us. He made five of us. He made Vergoth. He made Consith. He made Sadnint. He made Feconft. Finally he made Vil'anth, which you may know as the god of dragons.

 Vil'anth was imparted with a part of Baxtor's power of creation, however Vil'anth and Baxtor didn't see eye to eye. This lead to anger. Anger lead to conflict. Conflict lead to grudges. Baxtor and Vil'anth would constantly fight. They each made creatures they used to fight proxy wars. Baxtor would make a creature like the corrupted kolanb and the Vil'anth would fire back with the quotal. Eventually Vil'anth decided to create his own little island for himself to live on away from the rest of us. You now know that island as Esu.

However this feud would one day end when that being came. There was an anomaly in the seams of the world. That anomaly was a rift that connected to a alternate world. Out of that world came a creature we call the wire leviathan. It came seeking conquest. At first it sent out horse like creatures as scouts. Each were headless and had wires protruding from its back. These horses brought disease and trampled crops. which heavily harmed the creatures Baxtor and Vil'anth made. The horse like creatures soon took 1/4 of the population whether by violence, pestilence, famine, or death. My masters were slow to react and took their time preparing new creatures, covered in white to fend of the horse like creatures. In this time the horses' population grew to such an extent that the dirt they kicked up entirely blocked out the sun and with their mass movements, earthquakes would follow. These earthquakes lead to the continents shifting greatly. The wire leviathan soon moved on to their next course of action and launched a weapon that caused large fires over the whole world.

My masters soon retaliated with weapons of their own. The first caused a great hail that neutralized the fires. The second caused a large rock to fall from the sky. The blood from the horses the rock killed cause a third of the ocean to turn red. The third weapon contaminated all the rivers in the world with a bitter poison that Baxtor's creations were immune to. The fourth cleared the dirt from the sun allowing a third of the light to return. The fifth unlocked a cell that some of Vil'anth's creations were locked in. They joined in to help fend of the wire leviathan. The final weapon was Baxtor's song which brought down lightning on the world.

At this point Vil'anth had been effected even though he was isolated on Esu. Thus he decided to send out hist trusted General into the fray. The General was much like my masters. He had seven wings and seven eyes, however he also had seven heads. After fighting his hardest he eventually fell ill and was incased in ice before being swallowed by the ground. Soon after Vil'anth was forced into slumber.

The fighting was long and hard. The wire leviathan itself even stepped into the fight. Both sides exhausted themselves and fell into slumber. Baxtor knew that one day the wire leviathan would awaken and so he used up the very last of his being to summon a soul to help fight back when the wire leviathan would awaken. Baxtor then faded with all his hope put into that soul.

Thus concludes our audience. You'll most likely find the exit on either the top or bottom of your screen.

91