Chapter 25: Arriving in style
2.1k 8 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Hey so we're finally arriving at the N'esk tribe's village this chapter. Just a heads up, I intend for the village chapter to have long jumps of time inbetween them, which will stop when Sam and Sky get to the age when they're eligible to enter the academy. I hope I didn't drag this childhood arc out too much.

Once Garnitharist was released, he stretched his large, red body. I must say, he had quite the impressive wingspan. Not only were his wings huge, they were covered in pinkish scales that complimented his body's main color. The middle head out of the seven rose upwards and looked towards the ceiling. As Garnitharist unhinged his snake like jaw, a brilliant blue light started to gather in his mouth. His other heads, which had one eye and one horn each started chanting in unison. Finaly once the spell was finished, a dome of blueish-purple flames surrounded us.

"There, that should get rid of that dreadful chill. I know asking for another favor after just being help is a bit presumptuous, but could you perhaps fill me in on what has occurred while I was frozen? When I was in action, lifeforms like you hadn't been made yet. Are you perhaps one of Baxtor's works? Usually my master's creations have scales"

"Of course, I'll fill you in to the best of my ability, however you should know that I only know what has happened, up until Vil'anth fell into slumber. . . WAIT DID YOU SAY BAXTOR?! LIKE JEFF BAXTOR THE MOTHERFUCKER WHO CURSED US WITH CORRUPTED KOLANBS?"

"Jeff? I've never heard anyone referring to Baxtor by that name. My master would likely know more as he has been in contact with Baxtor for much longer. Speaking of my master, you said he fell into a slumber? Has he reawoke? What about the wire leviathan?"

What followed was a long conversation about who the gods were, what they did, who were we, and what might've happened in the many years Vil'anth slumbered for. Our most likely theory is that all the gods went dormant after fighting off the wire leviathan, which lead to evolution running its course. This eventually lead to humans and many other creatures that didn't share sheep or reptilian features popping up.

Garn Also swore fealty to me because I revived his master. Of course his loyalty to Vil'anth comes first, but if I need something that doesn't harm the dragon god he'll do it. We also decided on a nickname because Garnitharist is kinda long and annoying to say constantly. Thus we dubbed him Garn. He also allowed us to ride on his back. While Garn flying in the sky will surely draw attention, who the fuck is going to believe the guy saying he saw a massive, multi-headed murder lizard in the sky and out of the miniscule number of people who believe him, how many are going to have the balls to challenge said flying, massive, multi-headed murder lizard. Honestly I'd say its worth risking getting spotted just for the sole reason that we won't have to run into any more corrupted kolanbs or centaklacks.

Thus after awkwardly guiding the massive dragon out of the cave, we set off. Garn flies really fast. So fast in fact that we had to apply wind magic to ease the air resistance on us. Livia also happened to pass out. I feel like she would be the type to hate rollercoasters. Me? I love rollercoasters. I was a real thrill seeker in my past life, but I didn't get many opportunities to go to amusement parks to ride them. Sky and her family are doing pretty well. Its kinda sad that a carpenter and a furniture artisan can handle heights better than a monster slayer. Finally, Mi'ara was to busy handling the fainted Livia to really get an impression of the ride.

I soon asked Garn to stay put in the air for a bit. I did so because below us was an underground shrine. A very cursed underground shrine , which held an equally cursed sword. I debated descending to destroy the sword personally, but decided it would be better to not risk it, especially since we have Sky here. We couldn't know if one of us would be weak against the sword's hold. We could probably heal anyone influenced with [clear mind], but we decided to be cautious. Instead of going down there, me and garn just bombarded the spot with spells from on high until there was nothing left. Its nice finaly having some peace of mind. While Mi'ara's embrace may be soothing, it isn't soothing enough to keep the creeping thought of what would happen if someone picked up that sword from keeping me up at night.

With that problem out of the way, we quickly arrived at the above ground portion of the N'esk tribe's village and promptly gave the people living there a heartattack.

----------------------------------------------

Cursed sword's PoV

My name is lavalivarus. My form is that of a mighty blade, sharp enough to slay even the mightiest of deities. I only accept those I deem worthy to be my wielder. I'll only accept the most bloodthirsty of warriors. You cannot fight without a lust for blood after all. However capable wielders have become exceptionally rare nowadays, for I have been hidden underground. 

All I can do now is reminisce on the good old days and lament. Sure the very rare traveler may pass me above ground, but they are never worthy. Sure they may have killed a monster or two, but its been pretty much always in self-defense. Do they not know the thrill of the hunt? The rush of adrenaline when in combat? The satisfaction of overcoming and slaying your foe after a hard fought battle?

 The closest I've gotten to a half decent wielder was a serial killer that walked above ground. However, she had no class and only seemed to take battles they knew they could win. Sure killing the weak is fun, but you can't only just kill the weak. That's boring. You need to take risks, fight stronger and stronger opponents until you have become the ultimate being.

I miss the days when I was first made. You see, I wasn't always a sword. I was initially a sort of microorganism. We were weapons used from this large beast in a war long ago. I'll be honest, while infecting lizards wasn't as fun as being a sword, its still ten times better than this. Making them go crazy and attack their own kind was fun in its own kind of way. I really took those times for granted.

Just then I sensed a familiar entity far above ground. I must've been going a bit crazy myself, because it seemed to be one of the long extinct lizards. Ha my imagination is playing tricks on me because I was looking back on the good times.

Then a giant beam of light swallowed me whole.

103