Chapter 26: This is fine
2k 11 108
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Sorry for not uploading a chapter yesterday. I ended up falling asleep at like 7pm while watching YouTube in my bed

"BE NOT AFRAID, N'ESK TRIBE; I WISH TO NEGOTIATE. I BRING WITH ME A DESIRE FOR PEACE, KNOWLEDGE FROM THE HUMAN SOCIETY, AND A MOTHERFUCKING DRAGON."

When we landed just outside the N'esk tribe settlement, they understandably responded by panicking and meeting us with soldiers. To be fair, if I was in their position and saw a massive seven headed monster, I too would rally the troops. Mi'ara jumped down next. It seems she's pulling out some kind of seal/badge thing.

"I wish to see my grandfather, Ara'ask. Let him know that Mi'ara has returned home and brought some companions along."

In response the soldiers whispered amongst each other

"Wait. . . Isn't that the ara seal? Doesn't that mean they have ties to the ara family?"

"Ah were you never in the subterranean levels where you? Mi'ara was well known down there as being one of the underground's finest."

"Didn't Mi'ara die awhile back in that monster raid? How is she back?"

"Have you ever seen a monster like that before?"

"No I haven't, but that child mentioned something about a dragon? At least it seems to be tame, though that doesn't help with how terrifying it is."

"Isn't that kids mana reserves to high?"

"Yeah I'm real jealous. If I had mana like that I wouldn't have been sent to these boonies..."

"Vice Captain go get elder Ara'ask immediately."

"Are you sure Capt? I don't know how they got Mi'ara on their side, but this whole negotiation business could be a pretense to lure out our high ranking people."

"If they wanted to attack us, we wouldn't have much recourse. Not only do they have that beast, the girls riding it have incredible ammounts of mana reserves. Mi'ara herself seems to have learned magic as well. We might as well talk while we still can."

"Understood Captain!"

Various conversations were going on all at once. With a bit of wind magic, I can process what they all are saying. It looks like we'll be able to talk this out. If they decided to attack immediately that would've ended in disaster. Oh? It seems Sky has also done the same. She asks me,

"Wait, the snake people can tell the magic power of someone? I thought that was impossible,  at least in the current Esu."

"Ah yeah, that's something specific to snakefolk mages. My guess is that it has something to do with a combination of their higher than average magic reserves and heat vision."

"Huh. Well that's good to know."

While Me and Dky discussed the possible reasons snakefolk mages can tell mana reserves, the soldiers brought back someone with fancier clothes. I can't really tell their age because it's hard to tell with snake people. They grow into an adult body (looking 30 by human standards) really quickly and stay that way until they die at around the 100-150 range. However his features are similar to Mi'ara's. He's likely Mi'ara's grandfather. My thoughts are confirmed when he starts breaking down into tears.

"O-oh Mi'ara! I thought you lost to us! We searched and searched the rubble after the tunnel collapsed, but couldn't find you! I'm so glad you're safe," he says while embracing his granddaughter.

 His face had a genuine smile as he said that last bit. However he quickly pulls away from Mi'ara and fixes himself before continuing,

"Ehem. Now I believe introductions are in order. Who are these people you've brought with you. The messenger claimed they were your companions? Oh, I'm getting ahead of myself! Let us find a comfortable place to talk."

With that we were welcomed into the village. Fortunately Livia woke up so we didn't have to carry her. Unfortunately Garn was to big to fit into the tunnels, so he had to stay above ground. I'll have to make him a home above ground or design a tunnel specifically for him. With such plans going through my head, we soon arrived at the elders home. 

We were offered some tea and snacks before we talked. I did a quick poison check just to be safe, but they were fine. The snacks unfortunately weren't sweets. Seems like the tribe doesn't have any easy acess to sugar. Although for the sake of being fair, nobody on Esu has easy access to sugar. Shits expensive.

"Well then my granddaughter, who are these humans?"

"I'll get this out of the way now, all these humans wish to stay in our village. They helped me a lot on my journey and they bring useful knowledge with them, so please let them stay," she says while bowing her head.

"Hmm, I'll think about it. For now just tell me their names."

 "Very well starting from all the way on the left, the unkept girl is named Livia. She was a human monster hunter who joined us on our journey. Next to her is Shuria, a carpenter. Shuria is married to Dave, the only man in the group. The little girl sitting between the couple is their daughter Sky. Finally the person sitting next to me and the most important is my fiance, Sam."

H...huh? Fiance? When did this happen? Why did this happen? I don't remember proposing? No. . . calm down, while this is rather sudden, this is a good thing. Me being engaged with Mi'ara basically guarantees that at the very least, I will get in. While I'm unsure how the tribe views same sex couples, they won't kick me out unless they also kick out Mi'ara. Considering Mi'ara mentioned this so confidently, I imagine there isn't too much stigma. Also tits are nice. Especially big ones. Yeah... I wouldn't mind having Mi'ara all to myself heheh.

Livia jumped right up at that, " YOU GUYS WERE ENGAGED THAT WHOLE TIME?!"

Sky speaks up next, "Please use your inside voice, Livia, however I'm rather shocked as well. You guys never told us anything."

I could feel a grin come on to my face.

"Yep! Why else did you think me and Mi'ara slept in the same hammock every night?"

While my companions are shocked, Mi'ara's grandfather is crying tears of joy.

"O-oh! My tomboy granddaughter finally brought someone home and with such great magic power too. I don't know what made you choose my granddaughter, but please make her happy."

"You don't need to worry about that, Sir. I'll ensure your granddaughter is the happiest woman alive!"

I may be flat, but Mi'ara has breats enough for the both of us. I can't really let this opportunity slip me by. I mean just look at that blush on my snake waifu. It may be sudden, but fortune favors the bold and I can be as bold as I need to be.

After passing over the books, Mi'ara's grandfather threw a party. Best of all the N'esk tribe doesn't have laws restricting alchol from children. I can get shit faced drunk for the first time since reincarnating! 

After waking up in the morning, I woke up next to a topless Mi'ara. I also had a very bad hangover. Apparently while I was drunk I let slip my jealously about Mi'ara's tits and ended up groping her a lot. 

Shit now I have to explain what a reptile is and why they usually don't have breasts.

108