Chapter 41: blind rage
922 21 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Has my story gotten a little confusing? First the review mentioned not understanding anything that was going on and then I got a comment from someone who was also confused. My explanations make sense to me because I know everything that's going to happen in the story, but I have no clue how someone who is going in completely blind sees the explanations. If you have questions feel free to ask in the comments.

Our group has arrived at the village where the effigy artisan lives. I sent everyone togo secure a room at an inn. I plan on making a stop at the monster-slaying. Its so I can gather more information on dagger fang. The game was pretty vague on where the ruins the expedition explores is. You just talker to the head explorer and he teleports you there. I'd like to prepare some set up first before the expedition begins and this world would be a good place to find out. Of course the others don't need to know this.

Jackel, however seems keen on following me. It feels like he's been paying a lot more attention towards me recently. Always looking at me like he's looking into my soul. It kinda pisses me off, but I can't just go about making a scene so I give up and let him follow.

I can't help but feel sick looking at all the slayers drinking and having fun. How many snubbed Livia? How many knew that dagger fang was screwing innocent people over? I do my best to stomach the feeling as I walk up to the reception desk.

"Welcome to the monster-slaying guild how can we help you today?"

"I've brought tags."

The smile on the receptionist's face quickly fades into a much more grim expression.

"...you found a corpse?"

"In an abandoned cabin. Corpse has been long dead."

"I see... May I take a look at the tags?"

"Here"

"Christ, they've been on the missing list for seven years. I thought they ran to another country to escape debt. To think they were dead all that time..."

"Speaking of that debt, I'm Livia's next of kin. Mind telling me where I can pay dagger fang back?"

"U-um . . . I'm pretty sure the records say that Livia had no-"

"Where may I find dagger fang?"

"I-if you want to pay off the debt that badly you can just leave a deposit here!"

"WHERE. IS. DAGGER. FANG."

Someone puts a hand on my shoulder,

"Ease up there lass, you're making quite the scary face."

I spin around and look Jackel in his eyes. We have a stare off for awhile. His stare and the stares of the other monster-slayers are irritating. I so very badly want to jam my thumbs in all their eye sockets. Fuck it! I don't have to deal with this bullshit!

"Tch"

I can't help but click my tongue as I start to walk out.

"Ah! Ma'am don't forget your reward for returning the tags!"

However its already too late as I'm walking out the door.

----

"You knew that corpse didn't you?"

Jackel followed me into an alley.

"Shut up."

"You've been real moody ever since we found it."

"Shut up"

"Was their death related in some way to dagger fang?"

"I SAID TO SHUT UP!"

"You seem to know a lot about things you shouldn't. I was honestly kinda surprised to hear something you didn't know."

"..."

"Hey, are you really Bernadette?"

His questions continue, but they seem to fade into white noise. His frail body is covered in scars due to past torture. His clan on mainland performed all kinds of cruelty to make him immune to pain, both physical and mental. Yet his neck is oh so very thin. I could snap it in a second.

"Bernadette couldn't have known that corpse 7 years ago. Bernadette never left the mansion. Who are you re-"

I throw a punch, knocking him down instantly. I straddle him then I throw another and another and another and another and another and another and another and another. He doesn't even so much as groan. Just takes the beating while giving me that infuriating glare. His face is quite deformed but those damned eyes keep looking. I decide to act on my urge from earlier and start to strangle him. He finally starts to resist, but he's too weak. I easily overpower him. He tries to kick but my legs are pinned. His already feeble strength starts to gradually fade. He tries to let out a scream but can't. No air can escape his throat. The reality of death comes upon him and he starts to panic. His useless struggles in the face of death bring me joy. His eyes lose their luster as his spark of life sizzles out. Finally after what feels like hours, he's dead. Those god forsaken eyes can no longer stare.

"I. . . Ha. . . Ha. . . Fuck. . . I. . . What the fuck did I just do?"

I fucked up. I've shot myself in the foot. He was my back up plan. If I don't win now, I'm fucked. There's  blood everywhere too. I need to get rid of the evidence. 

----

Magic made the clean up easy. I told the others that Jackel wandered off to do his one thing. The others accepted it rather easily. The artisan we came here for accepted the request for 50 effigies after being given the guide we found in the cave. We were out the morning of the next day. The whole time I felt sick though. I couldn't stop jittering until we left. They stated to calm down after we left, but I still felt uneasy. The others are concerned but agreed we need to move if we want to stop Sky and Lavalivarus.

Announcement
hey all, now that the chapter is over I was wondering on how you would feel about a chapter from Lavalivarus's PoV or if you want to just get right into the battle. I think it could develop them a little more before the fight, but I don't want to drag this out. I already feel this round is getting a little too long so I'm asking for your opinions.

Lavalivarus PoV chapter next? yes or no
  • Hype the hell out of them Votes: 7 13.2%
  • This round is dragging way to long Votes: 46 86.8%
Total voters: 53
21