9
1k 14 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The world came to a spinning stop as Eve and Gwen landed on a patch of soft grass. Eve blinked slowly and looked at her surroundings. They were in a large forest with trees bigger than the largest towers Eve had seen. The canopy of the forest did a good job of hiding the sun, it was like the entire forest was in a constant state of twilight and Eve felt entirely comfortable. She looked around and her jaw dropped at the sight of three beautiful women, clad in leaves and vines, their skin made of wood. The women laughed and giggled as they jumped in and out of a small, running brook with crystal clear water. They begin to do a strange dance near the stream of water and they started to sing in a foreign language. The women held hands and danced in a circle, as they danced a small plant begin to sprout from the ground, it quickly grew and grew until it was a full grown tree with a wide trunk. The women stopped dancing and giggled as they hugged the tree tightly. 

"Those are the dryads." Eve heard Gwen say from behind her. 

"They're peaceful and only care about the forest. I keep them safe in exchange for sanctuary here." Gwen stated nonchalantly as she took Eve's hand and lead her down a well worn stone path in the middle of the forest.

"this is the way to my home, you'll meet the rest of our neighbors soon I'm sure." 

Eve nodded and continued following Gwen through the dense forest, soon they reached what Eve assumed to be Gwens home. It was a large tower only slightly smaller than the biggest trees here. Eve noticed people.. Or at least she thought they were people coming out of large holes in the trees surrounding them. 

They were tall, taller than the average human. They had pale, fair skin, long, blonde hair and pointed ears. The strangest thing about them was their eyes. The women had bright pink eyes with a pale white slit in the middle, while the men had bright blue eyes with dark and black sideways slits similar to a reptile. 

"Ahem, Eve these are my friends and neighbors the elves. The humans ran them out of their cities about a century ago."

The tallest of the elves bowed down to Gwen.

"My lady, your return is sooner than expected, do you need assistance with anything?" The tall Elfman said. 

"Yes King Yuel, unfortunately we have a few hunters after this little one." Gwen said gesturing towards Eve.

"She needs a strength boost, immediately, I'm afraid we don't have much time before our little sanctuary is attacked." 

King Yuel nodded and motioned for two other elves to follow him into Gwen's tower.

Gwen looked down at Eve and smiled.

"You're safe, at least for now and I'd imagine you must be hungry." She said.

Eve nodded and grimaced as she felt her stomach growl, her fangs extended slightly and her red eyes dilated at the thought of warm blood.

"I've got some very special blood for you, it will boost your growth by a tremendous amount. One drop of elvish blood would be the equivalent of feeding on a hundred humans. Their blood is also very potent with magic and since they're immortal you don't need to worry about over feeding, it won't harm them." Gwen said as she led Eve into her tower.

The building was very sparse of furniture and looked completely utilitarian. 

Gwen led Eve to a small chair and had her sit, she motioned for the elves and they proceeded to line up in front of Eve. The first elf was a young woman with pink eyes, similar to the rest of her kin. She held out her wrist for Eve and Eve felt herself salivating from the sound of heartbeats all around her.

"I must warn you Eve, if you ingest elvish blood the changes may be.. Uncomfortable. Unfortunately in the short amount of time we have this is the only option to make you stronger." Gwen said solemnly.

"I..I don't care.. I'm hungry and if this is the only way then I'll do it." Eve said as her pupils dilated, looking at the inviting veins on the young elf girls wrist.

Gwen nodded and sat down on a chair adjacent from Eve.

"Begin." She said as Eve struck the young girls wrist, greedily gulping down the most potent and delicious blood she'd ever tasted in her entire life. It made human blood seem like cold dirt in comparison. 

By the time Eve had drained every single elf in the room she felt a strange feeling overtaking her. She groaned in pain as she felt her skin grow cold, like ice. She let out a shrieking scream as large batlike wings broke through the skin on her back and unfolded themselves. The wings were at least 10 feet across and two foot wide. They were huge and beautiful in a strange way. Eve felt the next changes course through her and she felt a powerful feeling deep within her core. She let out another ear piercing screech as her short claws grew into deadly dagger like digits, harder than the strongest steel. Eve screamed again and this time the furniture and everything within a few feet of Eve froze, even the floor was covered in ice.

Eve Sat in the frozen chair, panting as the changes slowed and everything stopped. She felt as though time itself would be at her command if she so wished it. She'd never felt so euphoric, so energized and powerful in her entire life. 

"That.. That was amazing." Eve panted as she looked up at Gwen.

Gwen nodded.

"Two more feedings and you'll reach the same level as an elder vampire. I'd say you just boosted your growth by about fifty years. We need to take things slow though. Only one feeding from the elves per week. That gives us two weeks to prepare." 

"I promise Eve, that scum Arthur and his pet wizard will not harm you." She growled. 

38