Cycle 22 (8)
2.8k 3 120
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Spoiler

Deep in the cold depths of her sea, the kraken slept. She liked sleeping. Giant creatures such as herself preferred not to move much, only stirring when it was needed.

Sharks of various species swam above her, a complicated and beautiful dance through the water. What they thought, or what they wanted, she didn’t know. All she knew about them was that they were at peace. The sea was at peace.

DONG.

That sound. It filled the kraken with a rage unlike anything else. It reverberated through the water, bringing chaos to her sea. It angered the sharks. It stopped the dance; broke the peace. It heralded smaller creatures, at the surface of the water, who always caused havoc.

Why. Why were they here now? Usually she had a full month of peaceful repose before they came and destroyed the balance of the sea.

They had to die. They deserved to die. This was her sea, and they were making things Not Right. All she wanted was to be left alone, was that so much to ask?

A giant arm shot up, reaching towards the square on the surface, helpfully circled by the sharks.

The disrupters would die.

[collapse]

Dear Diary:

Yeahhhhhhhh I need to work on my teleportation. At the moment I can only teleport the group about twenty feet. Which would be good in normal circumstances, but the kraken’s tentacles are like thirty feet long. It makes me wonder how deep the water is, and makes me nervous since I don’t really know how to swim.

I mean, not that I’d want to swim in there anyways, since sharks.

We also tried flight potions. Using both things combined, we managed to almost get halfway to the door before all dying. Lilly died way before that, tho, since apparently sharks can jump. That was… erm… interesting to learn. I don't think we'll be using the flight potions again, since they're kinda expensive and not very helpful.

The dire wolves were almost friendly to us today. One started wagging his tail at us, but then the leader was like “no” (but in wolf) and he stopped. It was kinda cute, actually. Aya saw it, and thinks that maybe eventually they might be our friends.

Having a giant wolf friend would be the most epic thing in the history of epic things. The only thing I’d worry about, in that case, would be that they start thinking everyone who came through the door was their friend. And when the players start coming through and killing them, their trust in us would be completely ruined.

Or… Maybe Aya could tell people that if they take meatballs to the wolves, they won’t have to fight them. She is the one with all the tips and tricks on how to beat monsters, after all. So if the wolves could learn that people with meatballs are friends, while people without meatballs are enemies, that would be perfect.

Something to think about, for the future.

But for now, I’m gonna go teleport until I pass out.

Goodnight, dungeon!

120