Cycle 31 (10)
1k 5 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary,

Again, it’s been a couple days. We’re back on our floor, back home. Let’s see, what’s happened?

Oh! The dire wolf sled race! Balto won. He’s always been the best with the sleds. Wolfie McWolfpants got second place, and Bear got third. Siri, bless her heart, came in dead last. She was just having too much fun in the snow and couldn’t focus on running in a straight line. On the one hand, I wanted her to win, and I’m sad she didn’t. But on the other hand, she was having so much fun I can’t even be mad about her losing. I’d rather she have a ton of fun playing around than do something as boring as win a race. 

Y’no, I just realized… We live in a snow level. There is a lot of snow here. We didn’t have to go down to the yeti’s floor, we could have come up here instead. It is slightly farther, but not by a whole lot. Especially since the “enemy” of one floor between us and the kobolds is the wolves themselves. Who knows, maybe the wolves would like to show the kobolds around their floor! Of course, there are spiders there, and the spiders might think kobolds are nice and snack-sized. 

But that’s a problem for another time. Right now our problem is mainly; how lethal do we want the snowmen to be? Mika and Kimi are going to put traps in the snowmen. Kimi wants them to be some kind of AOE totally lethal kill-everyone trap, while Mika basically just wants a repeat of the bear trap lotus. They’ve been drawing up all kinds of insane things. Well, we’ve all been drawing up ideas. Planning on how to make lethal snowmen has kinda become our main hobby for the past two days. It’s different than the lotus because there isn’t any urgency. We’re doing this for the fun of it, not because we want something. So we can go wild and have fun.

I think next cycle I might not write diary entries. I’m gonna try writing down fairy tales, and give them to Lilly’s book club. It won’t be anything spectacular or new, but I mean it’ll be a book, and they don’t have books yet. Something is better than nothing. Right? And if I write down fairy tales that everyone knows, like Cinderella or Little Mermaid, they can talk about it and how it’s different from the versions they know. I mean, I want to participate in her book club somehow, but the only thing I’m really qualified to write is a cookbook. And I don’t think everyone would be super excited about reading the many uses of vanilla syrup.

Although, vanilla syrup has a lot of uses. It’s syrup, so like 75% sugar, but it has just enough flavor to not be straight sweet. It’s a liquid, so you don’t want to replace sugar with it in baking, unless you adjust for that with the other liquids of the recipe, but in straight cooking it’s good. Some things, like certain tomato sauces, call for sugar, and in those recipes it’s fine to use vanilla syrup. Because the extra liquid will be boiled or cooked out, leaving only the sweet and the vanilla. And you don’t want to put vanilla extract in those things, because really vanilla is pretty bitter. By itself, without sugar, vanilla is nasty. So vanilla syrup is the way to go.

Of course, taste is slightly subjective, so what I like might be gross to someone else. But in general this is how I feel.

Wait, why am I writing an essay on vanilla syrup? Sorry, I’ll stop now.

And now I’m apologizing to a book.

I’m rambling. I should go to sleep.

Goodnight, Dungeon!

57