Cycle 31 (12)
1k 3 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary,

Y and I tested the salad dressings this morning. Kimi came along, mostly to protect us from any slimes that got too close. And also because it would be kinda weird for me to hang out with her boyfriend alone all day. I mean, she’s not super jealous or anything, neither of them are, but I would have felt slightly weird about it. 

Anyways, the super salty dressings didn’t do much. We tried throwing straight salt on one slime, and it totally ignored it. Vinegar doesn’t seem to do anything, either. Straight cream and milk got a reaction, but were too liquid. They hurt the slimes, but didn’t stop them. The dressings that got most of a reaction were thicker. For some reason we didn’t make mayonnaise, and I think mayonnaise might work even better than ranch at killing slimes. 

That still leaves the questions of what’s causing the chemical reaction and why, but it’s easier to see a reaction and identify it than identify something that will cause a reaction without, like, actually seeing the reaction. 

Y’no?

Anyways, all that will have to wait, because just after lunch the air elementals called and told us the players were on their floor. Y went back to his floor, and Staab went back to his floor. We-

THE MARBLE RACES! I’ve been talking about cooking so much that I forgot to mention them at all!

Well, I did pretty bad. As in, my team lost almost every race, and I ended up dead last in the championship. Staab got gold, and Aya got silver. Via got bronze, but it was super close between her and Kimi. I tried talking to my marbles about how badly they were doing, but it didn’t help at all. Possibly because they’re just tiny balls made out of glass. So yeah, I’m going to leave those marbles unattended on my counter. Hopefully a player will take them and they’ll be helpful to them. 

The first players here weren’t the people who did the speed-run last cycle. Or, two cycles ago, since last cycle ended pretty abruptly. I don’t think these people are speed runners, so more people should be getting here soon. 

Why did the cycle end early last time? We never did figure that out. Maybe it was a glitch. But we haven’t had any glitches since like the fifth cycle. The Admin is pretty good at making sure glitches get fixed. Except the glitch that turned everyone’s hair into a flaming mohawk every time they sneezed. Although Mika and Kimi are pretty sure he let that one stay until last because it was funny. Which, yeah, that wouldn’t surprise me. Especially since the fire was magic fire that didn’t hurt anyone. 

Anyways, the players noticed the snowmen, but didn’t touch them. I’m kinda glad, but I know Mika especially is waiting for someone to set off the trap. She’ll be disappointed if we get to the end of the cycle and no one’s messed with the snowmen. 

Oh, more players just arrived!

Goodnight, Dungeon!

54