An Unexpected Upgrade (3)
3.6k 4 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We've got a doll on the loose," shouted one of the guards outside Gray's room as he saw the blue-haired girl flee from it.

Gray bolted out of the room, using the distraction created by the girl to his advantage.

The sound of concrete being scraped filled the hallways as Gray sent waves of red energy towards the guards, severely cutting anyone foolish enough not to step out of its way.

'I don't remember these being that powerful,' thought Gray with a smile on his face as he threw the dagger he had placed in his chest slot right after, puncturing one of the guards who had fallen victim to his energy attack.

[Goblin Noble blood has been used to upgrade the Mighty Sword. All features of the Mighty Sword have significantly increased in power and efficiency due to the high-quality blood,] resounded a female voice in Gray's mind.

The smile on Gray's face only grew wider as everyone in the building looked around in confusion, wondering what was going on.

Gray became a black blur of death to all those present, doll and guard alike. His speed far surpassed human boundaries, making everyone around him look as if they were moving in slow motion.

'Did the blood also increase my speed? Because this is insane,' laughed Gray inwardly, slicing off the heads of all those too slow to react to him.

Blood painted the once grey walls a carmine red as Gray went on his rampage. Leaving his victims nothing but shriveled up corpses as his blade quickly absorbed all the blood out of them.

[Correction. Your speed and strength have been modified to be 1.5 times their base due to the Ranger suit you are currently wearing. All buffs will be forfeited once the suit is removed or severely damaged.] answered the voice in Grays's head.

'No wonder that goblin was so hard to kill,' thought Gray, his white hair stained crimson red as he thrust his katana into the neck of one of the guards.

The remaining guards had finally regained their composure, sounding the alarm to alert everyone in the building of an intruder.

A few guards seemed to have speed-increasing abilities, allowing them to keep up with Gray. However that was where it ended, even if they could see Gray approach them, he was much too strong for them.

With a single kick, he sent a full-grown man flying into a concrete wall, the sound of his bones being crushed as his body was mangled into the wall made Gray's blood rush even faster.

A few of the guards began shooting projectiles of all kinds towards Gray, lighting up the room as fireballs, energy blasts and other elemental attacks approached Gray in a barrage.

The impact sent Gray flying into a wall, however apart from the blunt force of the impact, he sustained no injuries.

[The Ranger suit also provides protection from weak projectiles and blade edges. However, protection to the face is not provided.] said the voice in Gray's head as if reading his mind.

"What's all this ruckus?" said a familiar elderly voice.

"Old man Jenkins, y-you're here," said one of the guards, trying to catch his breath as the smoke from all their attacks cleared.

"We were just finishing up. There's no way he survived th-" the guard's words were cut short as he saw Gray's crimson red eyes gleam through the smoke. His silhouette moved closer to them as if it were a zombie hungry for brains.

"There's no way. We gave him everything we had," said the guard in disbelief, his eyes showing that he had lost all hope.

Jenkins stood tall, waiting for Gray to come out of the smoke.

"Seriously, I don't know why the boss hired people like you anyway," muttered Jenkins as he approached Gray's figure.

Jenkins and Gray stood face to face, the 2 meter tall Jenkins making Gray look like a mere child in front of him.

"Do big guys count for two souls?" asked Gray, saliva dripping down his now elongated fangs as he spoked with a crazed smile on his face, looking at Jenkins as if he were food.

"I take it back. There's no way this kid is human," said Jenkins out loud before reaching out for Gray's head.

Gray jerked his head backward before sprinting forward with his blade behind him, ready to slice off Jenkin's head as he jumped into the air.

*Ting*

The sound that reverberated throughout the hallway was as if two blades had just clashed. The impact of the slash was so powerful that it caused pain in Gray's elbow joint.

Gray fell back to the ground, his right arm limp from the impact.

"You're pretty strong, but you're going to have to try better than that," laughed Jenkins as he rubbed the spot that Gray had just slashed as if it were nothing but a mosquito bite.

'Hardened skin, probably unrealistic strength too. He's going to be a problem,' thought Gray as he stared at Jenkins with a serious expression.

"What happened to the look you had earlier? You seemed pretty confident in yourself," said Jenkins as he approached Gray, his hands outstretched ready to grab him.

'He's slow,' thought Gray before jumping back a few steps.

'My arm healed?' wondered Gray once he realized he was able to move it freely.

'It isn't your arm,' replied the demon in Gray's head.

"How long are you going to keep running around?" taunted Jenkins as he ran towards Gray.

'I need Bloodlust mode,' thought Gray as he looked to the other guards in the room with a lustful gleam in his eyes.

Gray turned into a black blur, passing past Jenkins and rushing towards the unsuspecting guards.

They had lowered their guard once Jenkins had arrived, however, they would soon regret their decision.

Gray rushed past them like a bullet train, his blade stretched out perpendicularly to his side. A single line of blood sprayed onto the wall behind them as he passed by, slicing off their heads.

In that instant ten guards fell to the ground lifeless, unaware that they had even died. Gray quickly absorbed their blood, turning them into skin bags.

The remaining guards looked at Gray in both fear and confusion. All they had seen was a blur, and now the heads of ten of their comrades rolled across the concrete floor like bloody soccer balls.

[Blood lust has reached critical level. Warning, excessive use of this mode exponentially increases the blood price toll. A sacrifice must be offered before the blood lust expires or the full toll will be paid by the user.]

As the voice in Gray's head said this, his eyes began glowing a deep red, and the mark on his arm became warm, as if something was welling up inside of it.

Gray turned his katana into a great sword, swinging it at the remaining survivors. A large wave of deep red energy rushed towards them, sizzling the air as it sliced through it.

70