The makings of a serial killer
3.5k 10 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Some of the guards with defensive abilities began putting up barriers of different kinds, their translucent outline glimmering under the light in the hallway.

Gray's energy wave ate away at their barriers like a rapid dog, nearly shattering through every single one of them.

The guards were saved, but just by a hair. In the next split second Gray was behind them, slashing at the remaining barriers to reach his prize.

"Run all of you. Get the boss," shouted Jenkins as he slammed into the blood-hungry Gray.

The guards looked at Jenkins like lost puppies, forgetting even about the firearms they wielded before running towards the exit.

Jenkins turned around, waiting for the dust to clear before approaching Gray again, however to his surprise, Gray was nowhere to be seen.

"Fuck. Get away from th-" before Jenkins could finish his sentence Gray was already upon them. His greatsword sent out an energy blast so huge that it cut through 3 guards in a single rush.

The guards turned once they realized what was going on, firing their weapons towards Gray. Their bullets deflected off his suit like they were mere flies, barely even causing Gray to flinch.

"Aim for the head you idiots. Can't you see his suit is bullet proof," shouted Jenkins as he rushed at Gray with the grace of an elephant.

'Fuck,' thought Gray as he turned to look at Jenkins.

The guards began firing again, this time aiming for Gray's head. Gray turned his greatsword into a Warhammer, smashing it into the ground. A cloud of dust spread into the air, cracks forming at the point of impact.

He used this smokescreen to quickly finish off the guards, dodging their bullets under the cover of the dust.

Once the dust settled the walls were completely red. The stench of blood and urine filled the air as Gray turned to look at Jenkins. His hair shining a faint white as he placed his long sword on his shoulder.

"It's just you left." said Gray finally, breaking the silence.

"Are you going to stop running now?" asked Jenkins, a cold look on his face.

Gray became a blur once again, rushing towards Jenkins with his greatsword behind him, ready to slice off Jenkin's head.

However Jenkins didn't allow it. He predicted that Gray would try this and quickly raised his hand, bringing it down like a club.

"Dumb brute," laughed Gray before stopping instantly, sending a wave of red energy towards Jenkin's plumetting fist.

Although the wave was strong enough to completely slice through normal human flesh, it was only able to leave a flesh wound on Jenkin's arm.

Jenkins looked at his own blood as if he were seeing a ghost, surprised by the stinging sensation he now felt radiating from his arm.

"Never seen your own blood before?" asked Gray as he appeared behind Jenkins, his greatsword rushing towards Jenkin's neck.

Jenkins ducked instinctually, avoiding the blade by a hair.

Gray slammed the greatsword into the ground, sending himself into the air. As he came down he changed it into a battleax, crashing it down towards the prone Jenkins.

Jenkins acted fast, sweat dripping down his face as he reached for the plummeting battle-ax, catching it between his hands.

Blood dripped to the floor as the two stood there in silence, looking at each other.

"W-what, are you?" asked Jenkins, blood coming out of his mouth.

"Apparently the lapdog of some demon," answered Gray with a smile on his face as he pulled out the short sword he had thrust in Jenkin's chest.

While Jenkins was focused on the battle-ax that was rushing towards him, Gray had pulled out the short sword he had placed in his waist slot earlier. And using all the strength he had gained from bloodlust mode, thrust it in Jenkin's chest, managing to pierce through his skin.

Jenkin's body fell to the ground a shriveled up sack, both his blood and soul adding onto Gray's offerings.

Gray looked down the hallway towards the entrance, a pile of corpses drowned in blood filled the scene, with a partially opened door at the end.

'It seems she escaped,' thought Gray as he turned back towards the other end of the hallway.

'Doesn't matter, it's just one soul anyway,'

***

"Did you hear that? Gunshots," whispered Ria as she turned to Suzzie.

"You think it's Clare? She didn't have a gun you know," replied Suzzie as Ria looked at her in the dark.

"The other groups could be engaging the enemy. We have to hurry," said Ria before walking towards the direction she heard the gunshots from, stumbling over a few tree roots on her way.

'I tried to look out for you like you asked. But you just had to go and make a ruckus,' thought Suzzie as she followed Ria carrying her two dolls with her.

***

"The Master really should consider some sort of formal training for the normal members. To think they were killed this easily," whispered Amos as he looked at the corpse of one of his former comrades. A chunk of flesh missing from it's torso.

"When I find that bitch I'm going to kill her," said Arena, anger audible in her voice.

"Gunshots, perhaps you may get your chance sooner then you expected," laughed Amos as he heard the sound of gunshots in the distance.

"Why are you laughing? This concerns you too," said Arena, turning to Amos in anger.

"My only concern is completing this raid with the Information Guild having the highest contribution. Whether or not people die is of no concern to me," replied Amos in a laid back manner before turning in the opposite direction.

"Where are you going? The gunshots are coming from that way," said Arena, confused by Amos's behaviour.

 

"Yeah, you go check that out. There's something else I want to see," replied Amos before walking towards a patch of bushes.

63