A Hunters Wrath (1)
3.4k 10 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why won't you die," asked Tesse flatly as she filled Clare's body with yet another round of bullets. Yet once again she stood up, as if nothing had happened.

"I could say the same to you," replied Clare, a sadistic gleam in her eyes as she licked Tesse's blood off her knife.

The sound of nearby bushes rustling brought their fighting to a halt. The silhouette of a woman appeared from between the bushes, holding something in her right hand

"I found you," shouted Arena once she got a clear view of the two silhouettes in front of her.

Before Clare could even react, Arena was on her, her blade nearly slicing Clare's head off.

"Let's see if you can heal yourself without a head," said Arena, rushing after the retreating Clare.

'Fuck, she figured it out,' thought Clare as she ran behind a tree. Before she even got the chance to catch her breath, Arena's blade came swooping down towards her, missing her neck by a few inches as the blade buried itself in Clare's collar.

"Ahhhh," screamed Clare in pain, a smile across her face as her scream echoed throughout the forest.

'That should get that bitch Ria's attention,' thought Clare as she pulled the blade out of her collar, kicking Arena away.

***

"That was Clare, we have to hurry up," said Ria, breaking out into a sprint.

'That actress,' thought Suzzie as she struggled to keep up with Ria's pace.

***

'I should get out of here. That sound most definitely alerted the Hunter of our location,' thought Tesse before walking towards a few bushes.

Right as she was about to walk past a group of trees, a bolt of lightning came rushing towards her.

*Zap* The flash of light lit up a section of the forest, charring all the nearby trees. Tesse's body lay there a charred mess, the smell of burnt flesh filled the air as the embers from the lightning strike died down.

'Now you're done for,' laughed Clare inwardly as she ran towards Ria, faining innocence.

"Help me, they want to kill me," shouted Clare in a shaky voice, as if she were about to cry.

"I knew we couldn't trust you bastards," shouted Ria, as she tried to make out who was chasing Clare.

"Stop doing that you idiot, you'll call the Hun-" before Tesse could finish what she was saying a low guttural roar echoed from a few meters away.

"Its too late," whispered Tesse quickly as she picked herself up and ran away, not bothering to explain what had happened.

'How did she survive that?' thought Arena and Ria simultaneously.

"Why are you attacking us?" asked Ria, jolts of sparks jumping between her fingers as she spoke.

"You attacked us first," replied Arena as she approached the group, still seething with anger.

"Stay bac-" before Ria could finish her sentence a large fist came crashing down towards her face.

"Daddy doesn't like people who show up uninvited," said Suzzie as another figure just as large as the first caught it's fist, saving Ria.

"It seems there are some with a little bit of strength, however this empty shell cannot hope to win against me in a test of strength," said the beast before ripping the other figure's arm off.

"Noo, daddy," cried Suzzie as the figure's arm fell to the ground.

Everyone else stood there in shock. Two massive figures had suddenly appeared out of no where, and one of them was able to talk.

Clare on the other hand looked at the beast in front of her with a nervous smile on her face. 'That thing just ripped of her summon's arm. There's no way we can take on that thing if even her summon can't do it,' thought Clare hopelessly, for the first time genuine fear causing her to shiver.

The beast didn't stop there, it grabbed the summon's other arm, ripping it off as well. The summon tried retaliating, heabutting the beast in the face, however that amounted to nothing. It was as if it were hitting a solid steel wall.

The beast grabbed the summon by the head, headbutting into it, causing its head to explode. The summon fell to the floor lifeless, before turning back into a doll.

"You'll pay for hurting daddy," said Suzzie in between tears as she threw the other doll at the beast.

'T-that's right. She still has the other one, he's in for it now,' thought Clare, a small glimmer of hope appearing in front of her.

As the doll hit the beast, it transformed into a massive figure, this one even more massive than the beast itself. It stood at 4 meters tall, and had eight legs and a female head. It's gleaming blue eyes matched those of Suzzie's as it used one of its sharp tipped legs to slash at the beast.

The others finally regained their composure, realizing what was going on.

'So this is Suzzie's summon,' thought Ria in awe as she looked at the two massive figures go at each other.

Ria sent out a bolt of lightning, scortching the earth around the beast. The beast spasmed in reaction to the jolts of electricity that passed through its body, giving an opening to the arachnid summon to puncture it's chest, causing its blood to spray everywhere.

"D-Did we do it?" asked Clare in a shaky voice, breaking the silence that overcame the group.

"I did not expect you all to put up such a fight. However I see now that it was my mistake," said the beast in its low guttural voice, its deep red eyes glowing in the dark.

The beast picked itself up, the hole in its chest closing as it did.

Everyone stood there in utter shock, incapable of processing what was going on. The arachnid summon raised one of its legs, sending it plummeting towards the beast's head.

However in one swift movement the beast removed the greatsword that was on its back and blocked the attack, sending the arachnid tumbling over.

Ria sent out another bolt of lightning, hitting the beast spot on. However, apart from a minor spasm, the beast seemed ok, continuing its advance.

"Run!" shouted Ria, before turning around and grabbing Suzzie.

Arena had long since disappeared, leaving only the government squad to deal with the beast.

"No wait, what about mommy," cried Suzzie, however Ria didn't even bother to look back. The arachnid summon could barely hold back the beast in its enraged state. Three out of eight of the summon's legs were already sliced off, and it couldn't even keep up with the beast's movements.

Not even Ria's lighting could stop it. Killing that thing seemed to be an impossible task.

66