Chapter 39 – The Dark Continent
252 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They docked their stolen ship at the docks and entered the town of Ramonia. 

The town was quiet and while Tyrannus could feel several powerful lifeforces, there were very few people in the town.

Tyrannus only had Morgana and the 6 Samsara bodies with him all dressed in cloaks, while Donna and Alita were kept in the pocket dimension and the other immortals in his body.

"What.. what is going on here? Where is everybody? Surely that bitch Selene isn't foolish enough to kill everyone?" Morgana muttered aloud.

There wasn't anyone at all, not even any guards on the dock. The streets were empty as was the rest of the town.

Morgana guided them to the brothel she owned near the docks but was shocked to find it boarded up and abandoned.

Morgana was incensed. The Maiden's Flower was the continent's most famous brothel, and she assumed Selene would run the profitable business well, because Selene herself was a brothel owner in another town and was fond of the carnal pleasures.

They went nearby to the Comfort Nest Inn, which while their doors were closed at least had a light on inside.

They knocked on the door, and it took a while before a bearded man opened to quickly usher them in.

The man was well built, possibly once a warrior, but he was old, possibly in his 70s. 

"What the hell are you doing out at night? Do you want to die?" he scolded, quickly barricading the door behind them.

"Do you remember me Howard?" Morgana suddenly said, opening her hood

"Yyy...Your Majesty!" he quickly bowed. Morgana had ruled the continent for a long time, even before Howard's great grandfather built the Comfort Nest. 

Her Maiden's Flower brought sailors from around the world and his family business next door prospered from it. 

Many retired prostitutes became waitresses at the tavern and inn after they retired at the Maiden's Flower, and even Howard's deceased wife was once an employee at the brothel. 

But being older than him, she passed a way several years ago, while Morgana was still queen. 

"Whats been going on in Ramonia? Why is it so quiet?" Morgana asked

"Regarding that.. Queen Selene.. I mean the Vampire Queen has been having several uh.. setbacks over the past few months" Howard said.

"What kind of setback?" Morgana asked. 

"It... it's uncertain. But it seems to be a curse of some kind. People started dying in this town and several around like Thornsbridge, Morningham, even the capital Selenia... I mean Morgania had many deaths " he said.

Morgana frowned at name of the capital city being changed by Selene 

"Was it a succubus? Perhaps a monster?" Tyrannus asked. 

"No sir. There were no wounds on the dead. Whole villages end up dead. There were no bodies shrivelled up like if a succubus attacked, nor are there any wounds on the body. The people just... dropped dead at night. People find the dead bodies frozen in rigor mortis the next day, collapsed as if they were in the middle of their everyday routines." he replied. 

"And Selene did nothing about it?" Morgana asked

"The Queen... I mean Selene sent out her vampire forces to investigate. But even vampires end up dead. It was undiscovered for a few days, because those that died disintegrated in the sunlight the next morning, but after a while dead vampires were found indoors as well" Howards said

"That's.. impossible. Vampires are nigh immortal. They only die by sunlight, silver weapons kill them or they are staked through the heart. Otherwise, they possibly could live forever" Morgana said

"Yes.. that's generally true. But not anymore...." Howards said and left his sentence hanging. 

Tyrannus frowned. They weren't here to solve a mystery. They were here to capture and assimilate the Vampire Queen to boost his fighting power. 

"Are you here to take back the throne Your Majesty?" Howard asked. 

"That... remains to be seen" Morgana said, looking at Tyrannus. Her fate was in his palm, so she couldn't make any decisions without him agreeing to it. 

"Oh by the way. There is a rumour that if you hear a strange scream, you will end up dead. So close your ears" Howard suddenly said. 

"If someone hears the scream and dies, how did he survive to warn others about the scream?" Celeste asked

"Its just a rumour Miss. I don't know anything more" Howard said as he bowed humbly.

"Well, we'll keep that in mind" Tyrannus said

They stayed the night as Tyrannus decided not to risk getting the killing curse that only happened at night.

He spent the night pleasuring Morgana to try to get her out of her grumpy mood. 

They left the inn early the next morning. Rather than waste time at the near abandoned town, Tyrannus decided to just head directly to Selenia. Morgana corrected him, stating the capital was called Morgania.

Tyrannus decided to keep the other Samsara girls in his pocket dimension and travel light with only him and Morgana

Morgana sprouted her succubus batlike wings while large angelic wings spread from Tyrannus' back as they flew into the air and headed to their destination at high speed. 

In the air, Tyrannus could see from a high vantage point and realized why this continent was called the Dark Continent. Even though the sun was up, the whole continent seemed to be covered in mist that blocked most of the sunlight.

The trees in the forests were so dense, they made the Dark Forest on the Trembling Continent look cheery by comparison, and the trees were so old and large that even the trees in Elvendar looked average by comparison.

The difference was that while the trees in Elvendar were bright and beautiful, and the trees in the dark forest were dark and dense, the trees here looked dead with barely any leaves even though the trunks and branches were gigantic and dense.

And the mist made looking even 50m into the forest impossible. 

They had to fly reasonably low to keep track of their direction because if they flew over the mist, all they could see is an enormous dark cloud covering the whole continent.

But because they flew through the mist. Tyrannus was wet and miserable, but Morgana didn't seem to mind, with her mind only focusing on vengeance. 

 

 

7