Chapter 78 – Battle of London
1.6k 0 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Forty three, forty four, forty five..." Mindy counted out loud as she pressed the second button of her Gantz gun and the heads of three vampires exploded.

 A figure jumped over the building above her and 6 arrows flew and entered 6 vampires through their hearts, turning them into dust. Tauriel landed and smiled, announcing "Fifty seven"

"What? How? You're using a bow and arrow" Mindy complained

"Wood arrow through the heart works as well as any gun" Tauriel smiled as she dashed off. 

Mindy stood there watching Tauriel tumble and shoot several more arrows.

A vampire approached Mindy from behind, moving at superhuman speed attempting to attack her.

Suddenly, the vampire's head exploded.

"Thirty two" Mathilda's voice came over the communications line using the Gantz equipment.

"You gotta get your numbers up if you want to keep in the game" Mindy said, running after Tauriel.

As she ran past an alley, suddenly a vampire jumped out onto her.

Suddenly, a baseball bat appeared, smashing the vampire's head, making it land backwards on it's head.

The vampire landed painfully, but it started healing from its fractured skull nearly immediately. 

Just as Harley was about to follow up with another smash to the head, a large warhammer appeared and smashed the vampire's head to mush.

"He won't recover now. Forty nine" Faith smiled, lifting up the Troll God Hammer.

"Hey, that one was my fortieth!" Harley complained.

"You can't count them unless they are down for good" Faith said, running off to find more vampires.

They turned the corner to find Buffy pulling her scythe out of a body that was turning to ashes. "Fifty two" she smiled.

A body flew out into the alley from the rooftop and exploded into ashes. 

Selene appeared and she looked furious.

"Disrespectful filth. I can't believe they don't recognize my authority as Elder! The after the other Elders Lena and David perished, there seems to be no leadership among the vampires now" she complained.

"Then we exterminate them, no?" Aeon appeared next to her and pressed the second button to her Gantz rifle. Several vampire heads exploded. "That makes forty five for me" she said.

Selene sighed. "Yes, we exterminate them all. But I still feel uncomfortable as these are descendants from my line" Selene answered.

"This whole world is an amalgam of our original worlds. We will probably have to kill people we knew, whether they turned into vampires, zombies or whatever" Alice said as she landed next to Selene.

"I know. But I don't have to like it" Selene said. 

She looked down another alley, and saw Violet fighting several vampires, using only her Gantz sword.

"What is she doing?" Selene said.

"Having fun I think. Look, Mindy is doing the same" Aeon answered, pointing down another alley where Mindy used her Gantz sword to fight 3 vampires. 

Selene aimed, then clicked the triggers on her Gantz gun several times. The heads of the vampires Violet and Mindy were fighting all exploded.

"Hey!" Mindy yelled.

"What are you doing Selene?" Violet joined in yelling

"Our orders are to exterminate all vampires and werewolves. So lets just get this done as quickly and efficiently. Don't play around" Selene said. 

"Oh, and my tally is now sixty" Selene added at the end.

In another part of London, Hermione apparated and landed right in front of the entrance to the Ministry of Magic. 

She landed right in the middle of a battle between werewolves and what looked like normal folks in suits and business attire, all holding wands. 

They were the Ministry's workers who were all wizards and witches. 

Immediately, she went into action, shooting several killing curses at several werewolves.

As 3 werewolves fell dead, the others turned and dashed at her. 

"Oh no you don't" Alex appeared and zapped them with her wand. 

Phoebe appeared landing from the sky and immediately started casting spells to attack the werewolves all around as well. 

 From a distance, a group of screaming werewolves were running randomly, all aflame and screaming in pain before they dropped dead, their bodies charcoal. Within their midst, Sabrina walked calmly with a smile on her face towards Hermione. 

"I hear the other side the are counting vampire kills. If we count werewolf kills. I think I have 8" Sabrina smiled. 

"Miss Granger? Is that you?" one of the wizards asked. 

Hermione turned around and saw Percy Weasley, Ron's older brother 

"Percy? What are you doing here?" Hermione asked. 

"After the intergalactic war, I rejoined the Ministry of Magic to band together with whoever that was left of us Wizards and Witches. We had gathered for a final battle to fight these lycanthropes. They seem very much different from the werewolves we are used to" Percy said.

"They're different. These ones are from another world" Hermione explained. 

"Really? No wonder" Percy sighed.

"Is... Ron still alive? Are your parents? Ginny?" Hermione asked. 

Percy's face dropped.

"No... I watched them all die fighting aliens" Percy sighed. 

"I'm sorry to hear that. My orders with my friends is to retake London" Hermione said.

"Really? That's good. The few remaining wizards and witches will help you then" Percy said. 

"Good. Our mission is simple. Kill all vampires and werewolves" Hermione said. 

"Alright. If we fight together, I believe we can. I saw your friends... their power is impressive" Percy said.

"We're just the ground troops. Our heavy hitters are gathered at Hogwarts" Hermione explained.

"Heavy.. hitters? How powerful are they?" Percy asked.

"Well... Mary.. I mean Hancock ripped Voldermort to pieces and fed him to the monster in the deep at Hogwarts?" Hermione replied.

"What? Rrr...Ripped him apart?" Percy stammered

"Well, I didn't see it. When I arrived, Voldermort was already ripped in half at the waist, and his head was smashed in and his jaw was missing" Hermione answered, turning green herself at remembering the sorry state Voldermort was found in. 

"A few of our heavy hitters are monsters in their own right. Besides Hancock, I wouldn't mess with Serleena or Samantha too" Alex added. 

Hermione nodded. 

She introduced Alex and Sabrina who had come with her to the Ministry of Magic.

"What's that?" Percy asked, pointing into the distance as a dark presence seemed to be moving towards them.

Every werewolf that tried to approach died on the spot, not even realizing that the had died.

"Oh, that's Melinda" Sabrina smiled.

As Melinda neared, she retracted her aura of death. 

Finally, she arrived and said "Three hundred twenty two" with a bright smile. 

"That should be illegal. You'll win like that" Alex complained.

"All of you are using your abilities, why can't I? Do you want me to pick up a sword and gun instead?" Melinda asked. 

"Of course not. I'm just saying" Alex mumbled. 

They looked in the distance and saw a large storm brewing.

"What is that?" Percy asked, looking at the ominous sign.

Hermione paused for a while, as if something is entering her mind.

"We are to converge there at the Tower Bridge! That is Ororo's doing!" Hermione said, looking up

"Ororo?" Percy asked

"Yes, our weather goddess" Hermione said as she apparated towards the epicentre of the storm.

The other familiars around them headed that way as well.

Percy looked at the other wizards and witches nearby and nodded. He was the highest ranking at the Ministry of Magic after everyone higher all died.

They all apparated after Hermione and the rest.

 

24