Chapter [002] – Ability Copying
1.2k 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Getting out of my stupor, I walked over to my dresser before grabbing a pair of black jeans and a black T-shirt. After putting them on, I grabbed a black jacket with a skull on the back, then went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I went downstairs and walked into the kitchen, where I saw my mother preparing a breakfast meal consisting of eggs and bacon, with a slice of toast on the side. My little sister was on the floor in the living room playing with toys and listing to the background noise of pre-catastrophe cartoons. I walked over to my mother who was currently cooking and gave her a peck on the cheek, before sitting on one of the stools seated next to the counter.

 

"How's school going for you Minho? Is anyone bothering you?" My mother took some fresh orange juice and poured me a cup while asking me couple questions, she had worry and concern in her voice as she knew about the school housing mostly awakened people. I took a sip of the orange juice before looking her in her amber eyes and speaking with assurance. "School's going pretty good, mom, and no, there's no-one bothering me." She smiled briefly, then turned around and tended to the bacon and eggs still cooking on the stove. I took a furtive glance at my playful little sister as I bit into the piece of toast that was presented with the orange juice, before standing up off the stool and silently stepping over to my sister. I knelt down behind her and went next to her ear, before saying; "Boo!" She jumped a little at my small scare, but couldn't react before I put my lips on her neck and gave her a raspberry. She giggled helplessly as I tickled her and moved my raspberry to her exposed stomach. Her happy childish laugh made me stop my light tickling and peck her forehead, before picking her up and walking to one of the stools at the counter.

 

I sat her down and spun her on the seat, then kissed the top of her head, and spoke lovingly. "Mom's already prepped some food, eat up alright." I took a seat on the stool next to her as mother brought three plates of scrambled eggs and cooked bacon to the counter top. Me and my little sister immediately dug into the scrambled eggs, and my mother watched with her chin on her hands, and a warm smile on her face. "...this is damn good..." My whisper didn't escape my observing mom, and she spoke with a slightly scolding voice. "Minho, watch you mouth, especially with your sister around." My sister whom was next to me giggled cutely, before looking down and speaking in a low voice. "...I don't mind if it's onii-chan..." Even I couldn't resist theurge to pinch those cute puffed out cheeks of hers, so I did.

 

 *Pinch* "Mmm, let me go o-onii-chan..." She pouted even further, inciting a slightly tighter pinch near the end of her spoken words. I smiled as I retracted my hands and stuffed the 2 pieces of bacon in my mouth, then wiped my lips and stood up, before walking over to my bag near the door and picking it up. "I'll be going to school mow, love you two." I said that then I opened the door and walked out, making my expressionless face appear afterwards. I stepped forward and started walking to school, looking straight as I thought something. 'Status.' The status screen came up the same, but there was something different at the bottom that made me intrigued.

==========

{Status}

Name: Kilua Minho | Age: 17
Level: 1 | Job: None
Traits: (Impregnable Mind), (Omnilingual) | Characteristics: (Immortal Body), (Physical Adaptation)
Skills: (Ability Copy), (Scan)

{Quests}

Retaliation: Attack one of the awakened whom have hurt you in the past. (0/1). Reward: +1 Level, Cleansing Potion
Duplication: Gain your first ability by copying an ability from another human. (0/1). Reward: +1 Level, Health Potion
Deletion: Delete an ability from another person when copying an ability. (0/1). Reward: +1 Level, (Spatial Inventory)

==========

'Oh damn. Okay, that's pretty cool.' Thinking that as I looked at the status screen, I also pondered about the 'Retaliation' quest though. Pretty sure I'm gonna have to have an ability to even attack any awakened, and plus, all of the people who hurt me had buddies or groups so I'll have to gain one or two good abilities before I do anything about that. On the good note though, that'll allow me to complete the 'Duplication' quest and maybe even the 'Deletion' quest while I'm at it, so that's neat. Also, about the rewards, I though about them and knew what they did almost immediately, the Cleansing Potion clears all of the impurities of my body away, and the Health Potion makes me healthier. The Health Potion had an effect that didn't really go with the videogame premise, but neither did the Cleansing Potion so that lets me know my 'System' isn't directly related specifically to any videogame. 

 

I found that my 'Immortal Body' trait doesn't make me invulnerable though, it just means that no matter what, I can't die, but that also means that I can still get diseases and injuries, they just wont kill me. The trait give me an amazing healing factor though, potent enough to let me regenerate incredibly fast. My body can grow limbs back in a few seconds and even heal heart and brain injuries in the same time, making me like a cockroach that wont die no matter what, and hell, I'll even come back and fight. The 'Physical Adaptation' trait just allows my body to make very slight permanent changes to better increase my resistance, so for example, if I got burned a shit ton, I'll gain a little bit of fire resistance. If you combine the effects of my two traits, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to gain a resistance to most effects overtime, though I don't exactly know how far the adaptation stretches.

 

I briefly thought over the reward of 'Spatial Inventory', and found that it's an infinite spatial space that allow me to store any non-living things inside of it, also, anything and everything that is inside of the spatial space is consciously and unconsciously known by me, so I can pull and put things in and out without having to search around. These thoughts spun spirally in my head as I made my way up toward the school's front doors, and opened one of them, before entering. As I walked down the empty school halls and wondered what ability I should copy, I saw the girl who practically killed me, the one with the 'Giant's Strength' ability. Of course although attribute enhancing abilities were mostly common, her ability gives quite the increase in overall strength, that includes the necessary endurance too. The abilities of all of those damned bitches will become mine, but first, I'll start with her. Currently she was leaning up against a locker with her phone in her hand and blowing bubble gum, so I just sped walked past her and tapped her shoulder. A window popped up in my vision less than a second later.

 

[Skill: Ability Copy, has detected the ability, Giant's Strength. Would you like to copy the ability?]

 

'YES!' I thought that immediately, and then I suddenly felt an immense but bearable pain well up in my body. The pain went as fast as I came, and I felt an amazing strength assume it's position in my body. A second later though, I heard a *Ding*, and was flung like a rocket toward the wall at the end of the hall by whom I could only think of was the tomboy I tapped. My hands were instantly brought up into a boxing position as I flew, and I flipped like an acrobat, using my slightly spinning body to help. The soles of my feet hit and dug into the surface of the reinforced wall, before I bent my legs and sprung back towards the short haired blond at double the speed she sent me. I still had my hands up in a boxing position, so I brought one of my hands down and immediately formed a fist, then sent a superman punch straight at her sternum. I briefly saw her angered smirk turn to immense fear, as my fist connected to her body.

 

I heard a cacophony of unpleasant crushing sounds, as my fist bluntly dug into her chest and sent her flying towards the other end of the hall at supersonic speeds. A bloodcurdling cry was heard as she flew down the hallway and straight through the wall, I stood at the place my punch connected to her and sprinted down the hallway towards her. I then looked through the hole in the wall and saw that she was in a bloody mess, her chest was bluntly caved in, but she was still barely breathing. The sound of four classroom doors slamming open were heard a moment later, then groups of students came out. They saw my fine bare back that had been declothed by her punch, and the hole in the wall that was in front of me, making them quite perturbed. I turned around with my expressionless face, inciting a couple gasps and murmurs from a few people, but a certain pretty girl was concerned, she had known that a friend from her group was out here, but now she was nowhere to be found. The scream she had heard earlier also had a faintly familiar ring to it, then it clicked, and she spoke with furry.

 

"YOU! WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER!" The girl whom was known as the prettiest had an ugly expression on her face as she bellowed out toward me. I stood silently for a moment, before motioning towards the wall and speaking without any clear emotion. "She's right over here." My blunt and empty voice slightly echoed in the hall, making some students unconsciously suck in a breath of cold air. The girl who yelled out before had a serious expression on her face right now, and she walked down the hallway towards me and the broken wall. She stood right next to me and looked into my dead fish eyes, before turning her head and leaning a bit to look through the wall, the sight... the sight made her want to explode. Her friend, the one known for her amazing strength and endurance was laying in a pool of blood with her chest bluntly caved in, luckily, she was still breathing. She leaned back from the wall and looked at me with glaring eyes, then spoke with visible and fierce animosity on her pretty face.

 

"What happened? What did you do? She ground her teeth and looked at me with intent similar to malice, so I just answered her bluntly. "I walked past her and accidentally touched her, then she punched me, so I punched her back." My expression stayed the same as I looked at her and said so, but that only made my words seem more serious and condescending. I could see that she nearly lost her composure as I said this, but she forcefully held herself back and intensified her glare that was stuck to me. "...That's impossible, you have no ability..." Her words were extremely cold, and frosty air was breathed out of her mouth as she said this and made icicles form and float above her hands. The flowing bright blond hair on her head turned ice-white, and her silver eyes turned a chilly light blue, as took a small stance and looked at me with her cold blue eyes.

 

"Well now I do..." My empty voice rang out again, and the words I said startled a few, but the ice cold beauty in front of me only became more serious. "Why?" An icy atmosphere clouded the hallway, sending chills up the spines of weak onlookers. I stood as still as stone, not moving an inch, only to say something a moment later. "She had hit me, so I struck back." My void black hair waved slightly in the cool wind of the hallway, making my presence and words feel as heavy as a mountain. The icicles became increasingly bigger as time went on, sizing up enough to create a misty and cold aura around them. A moment later, the two big beachball sized icicles flew towards me, striking my chest, but not leaving any marks. Seeing me unharmed and not move an inch, the pretty girl in front of me looked as though she swallowed a bug. The ice pricks that hit me and fell to the ground shattered then dissipated, so I walked towards her.

 

My slow and sure steps made me look like the incarnation of death crawling at her, a had stillness hit her in the heart, causing an invisible lump to arise in her throat. Her eyes widened as I raised my hand and swept it from right to left, then suddenly, she felt a small pain on her cheek and a pressure that threw her off her feet. My slap made her instantly crash into the wall and become unconscious, this made shrieks come from the audience of foolish awakened. I walked over to her with my expression blank, and picked her up, before laying her over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes. I then walked off towards the infirmary with her over my shoulder, and no-one following me. She had only gotten nocked unconscious from the pressure that I caused with my slap, but the actual motion of the slap was normal, so she should've felt some pain, before being slung into the wall. But before she actually left her place on the floor, I saw a compacted ice shield form on her left side, shielding her from the impact of hitting the wall and shattering into nothingness when she instantly lost consciousness.

 

I reached the infirmary and slid the door open, only to find it empty, which I was hoping for. After closing the door, I walked over to one of the beds and slightly tossed her on it, causing a light bounce of her body and breasts, before I changed my expression. A condescending and slightly evil smirk formed on my face, as I stepped over to the reverted beautiful blond on the bed.

Spoiler alert, I'm planning to do an R-18 sensual scene in the next chapter, so be prepared. Anyway, hope you liked the chapter.

 

20