Chapter [004] – Beckoning New Champions
984 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My hand reached to infirmary door to open it, but I stopped it right before it touched the metal handle. *SMACK!* The palm of my hand was slapped onto my forehead as I stopped the stupid action of 'One: Not Copying Her Ability', and 'Two: Walking Out Of The Front Door'. I had also just recalled the 'ding' sound I heard when I first copied the tomboy's ability, so I pulled up the passive status notifications and checked them.

 

[Giant's Strength has been copied and assimilated, does the host wish to delete the Giant's Strength ability from the user: Azami Serri?]

 

'Hmm? So does that mean that even after I copy the ability and walk away, I can still delete it at range?' This thought crossed my mind for a moment then I got the unconscious answers from the system that told me ranged deletion is indeed possible, and over indefinite range at that. So without further or due, I sent a thought to the system and told it to delete the tomboy's ability from her. The passive notification which only appeared out of 'battles' disappeared from my notification mailbox, and I got a confirmation screen that said the deletion was done. I then turned around and walked back towards the beautiful and icy blond on the table, before tapping her forehead and copying her ability.

 

[Skill: Ability Copy, has detected the ability, Ice Manipulation. Would you like to copy the ability?]

 

'Yes.' I affirmed the system's response with a thought, then picked up my set of black clothes of the floor next to the bed. I conjured a small icicle in my hand for a moment, then dissipated it, before walking to the window and opening it. After swiftly climbing over the windowsill and out of the school building, my feet hit the ground, and I sprinted in the direction of the Champions Association. I had also made sure the eggs in the bag were secured in place with the soft cloth as I ran and passed a couple pedestrians on the sidewalk. I ran a good 4 miles in half an hour thanks to my 'Giant's Strength' ability, before I reached the face of the tall and wide association building. As I headed towards the front doors, I saw various different people equipped with shiny armor and an assortment of mostly medieval weapons that were coming in and out of the association. I took furtive at the lot of them as I neared the door and opened it, before entering and walking over to the long front desk. My casual steps up to the counter attracted no-one but the receptionist, and she greeted me like the others, then ask my purpose for this visit.

 

"Hello, Sir! Welcome to the Champions Association, may I know the reason for your visit." The enthusiastic and professional voice of the brunette sounded in my ears, and I responded swiftly and calmly. "I am here to register as a Champion." My tone of complete calmness and confidence made a couple people look my way for second, but the receptionist simply responded in kind with an even more enthusiastic voice. "Okay! The Champions test is right over there." The brunette cutely pointed over to a small line of people who were funneling in and out of a room to the left of me, which I headed over to a second after she said so.

 

I lined up at the back of the line behind a burly guy who looked to be in his mid-twenties, and surprisingly, the moment I lined up behind him, he turned around said his greetings. "Hey there, man. You look quite strong, are you perhaps aiming to be a high-ranking champion?" The burly guy's look was friendly but slightly condescending, so I took his friendliness into consideration and answered with the same look. "Yes, I am indeed, how about you big-guy?" As my words flowed from me to him, a hardy laugh erupted out of the burly guy, and he toughly put his big had on my shoulder. "My name's Fukugen Chikara, how about you?" The burly man named Fukugen asked me my name with a calm and friendly grin, so I obliged him and said my name. "Name's Kilua Minho, nice to meet you." I smiled frankly, as I leaned back a tiny bit and looked up at him. "You can call me Fukugen, and I'll can you Kilua, how about that? Say, I don't know anything about your abilities, but how about we have a spar after each of us gets registered?"  The big-guy tilted his head back a small degree, as he slightly looked down on me. "Sure, why not, a friendly spar of strength wont hurt, or maybe it will."  I spoke with a light smirk, as I looked at him and agreed to his little spar.

 

"Hahaha, I like you, man, glad I got to meet someone like you at such a fine establishment." Fukugen bursted out in laugher at what I said, and then spoke half-laughing to me as he looked around the large entrance room of the association. His outburst of laughter attracted the light attention of the last person in line and a few others, but we ignored it and I spoke back to him with a stable and calm tone. "Yeah, glad I got to meetcha to buddy." My words caused him to smile faintly, but then we heard the registerer call for the next person. "Next!" The  brunette wearing glasses called, then Fukugen turned around and walked over, before placing his big hand on the basketball sized light blue crystalline orb. A moment later, 4 holographic-like words, 2 on top, 2 on bottom appeared above the light blue ball, and they read something that apparently shocked the woman who was registering us.

 

(Troll's Regeneration)
(Herculean Strength)

 

The lady stumble back on her feet as she looked at what appeared, then she wrote something down on her clipboard and spoke softly into the walkie-talkie clipped to her suit pocket. About 10 seconds later, she asked the burly guy some basic information. "W-What is your name, age, and previous occupation?" The woman stuttered once as she looked up at Fukugen in reverie and slight awe. "Name's Fukugen Chikara, my age is 24, my previous occupation is entrepreneur, and it still is." What Fukugen said, made the female registerer trip over her heels a moment, before she caught herself on the podium/lectern, and bowed towards him. "I-I'm sorry for wasting your time, Sir. I hadn't known you were a Fukugen, my apologies."

 

His words of being an entrepreneur, and the way she reacted made me raise my eyebrows in slight confusion and surprise. After Fukugen was immediately assigned a C-Rank champion identification card, he lightly strutted over to me with a friendly light smirk evident on his face. The big man, patted my shoulder with one of his big hands again, as he spoke with a confident and beckoning tone. "Get up there and show me whatcha got, Kilua." I smirked a little then checked my status before walking up to the light blue ball.

==========

{Status}

Name: Kilua Minho | Age: 17
Level: 1 | Job: None
Traits: (Impregnable Mind), (Omnilingual) | Characteristics: (Immortal Body), (Physical Adaptation)
Skills: (Ability Copy), (Scan), (Giant's Strength), (Ice Manipulation)

{Quests}

*Retaliation: Attack one of the awakened whom have hurt you in the past. (1/1). Reward: +1 Level, Cleansing Potion
*Duplication: Gain your first ability by copying an ability from another human. (1/1). Reward: +1 Level, Health Potion
*Deletion: Delete an ability from another person when copying an ability. (1/1). Reward: +1 Level, (Spatial Inventory)

==========

As I placed my hand on the light blue crystalline ball, I got a couple system notifications that made my smirk become a bit bigger.

 

[Trait: Physical Adaptation has slightly increased the host's mana sensitivity.]
[Excess mana has been encountered, the Skills: Giant's Strength, Ice Manipulation have evolved.]
[Skill: Titan's Strength has been 
acquired. Skill: Aqua Manipulation has been acquired.]

 

(Titan's Strength)
(Aqua Manipulation)
(Immortal Body)

My two new abilities, along with my 'Immortal Body' characteristic were shown in holographic floating words. The female registerer froze up as she looked at the floating words hovering above my hand and the light blue ball. A few seconds passed in silence, before Fukugen came up behind me and lightly hung his arm over my should with a smirking grin. "Damn, Kilua, you're gonna be a tough opponent with those abilities. Plus, the combo of your body and strength might even match or overpower my own two abilities." The lady just looked at us and blinked rapidly, before slowly processing the situation and speaking urgently into her walkie-talkie.

 

She wrote some things down on her clipboard, before asking my basic identification. "Please state your name, age and previous occupation." My hand was retracted from the crystalline ball, then I put my hands in the pockets of my school uniform, before stating my name, age, and 'occupation'. "My name is Kilua Minho, age is 17, and my previous occupation is a public school student." After I had said that, the woman jotted down things on her clipboard, and I heard the dinging of an arriving elevator. A late middle-aged man in a grey suit and red bowtie walked out with two secret agent looking guys, and he walked over to me and Fukugen. My big and burly friend still had his arm draped over my shoulder as we looked at the approaching man in grey. He had a professional smile and slight grin on his face as he spoke to the both of us with a coaxing and confident voice.

 

"Well what do we have here, I heard from this young lady that one of you has 2 abilities and the other has 3 abilities, all of them being quite powerful. My name is Wilson Nerssa, and I am the head director of this site of the Champions Association. Do you mind introducing yourselves?" Fukugen who was behind me was about to start off, but before he did, I used 'Scan' on him.

 

[Name: Wilson Nerssa | Age: 49 | Race: Awakened Human | Form: Human | Gender: Male
Abilities: (Supersonic), (Air Compression) | State: Damaged Lungs(II), Erectile Dysfunction, Prostate Malfunction]

 

Oh... this guy's got some problems. Purging all stupid thoughts, Wilson took out and lit a cigar as Fukugen introduced himself. "My name's Fukugen Chikara, and I'm the one with 2 abilities." The big-guy took his arm off my shoulder after he introduced himself, then turned to look to me with a small smirk, I then spoke frankly as I looked at the man dressed in grey. "Kilua Minho, age 17, I'm the one with 3 abilities." My neutral face didn't change as I talked to the man in front of me, but instead, I brought my hand up and made a ball of water appear. I then instantly froze it, before defrosting it and turning it back into water. A second later, the water started to evaporate quickly into the air.

 

The man looked at me in clear surprise, before speaking fervently. "Oh, what ability was that?! It looked quite fascinating!" I dropped my hand back down to my side and answered without any clear emotion. "That was 'Aqua Manipulation', which allows me to manipulate and create water in all 3 forms. Also, I'm working on the 4th form of plasma as time goes on." Wilson's jaw dropped open for a good 10 seconds, before he woke up out of his stupor and spoke to the female champion registerer, then to the two of us. "Give this man an A-Class Champion card immediately, and the two of you, I would like to make an exclusive Champion's contract with the both of you." Me and Fukugen looked at each other for a moment, before we shifted our gazes to the man in grey and spoke. "What's the contract come with?"

 

Wilson grinned slightly, then said an outrageous offer to the both of us. "For Mister Kilua, I would to give you exclusive dungeon rights, along with a top-class medium sized territory, and 1 trillion yen as a down payment. Also, for Sir Fukugen, I would like to give you a high-class small sized territory, with 75 billion yen as a down payment. For the both of you, all of your services will be provided for, and your families will be protected by the association. So, what do each of you say?" The man in grey known as Wilson said this amazing proposition with expectancy and confidence, while the woman at the side gasped repeatedly.

 

A group of 4 champions who were off to the side accidently heard the stupendous proposition, making their mouths go agape and a cigarette drop to the floor. They started whispering about some things I couldn't quite hear, so I just ignored them and answered first. "If the association will be giving out orders to me, then I refuse. However, if I have my freedom, I agree. What about you Fukugen, we still have our spar after this remember? Oh and don't worry about my 'Aqua Manipulation', I won't use it on you, we'll just have a physical battle." I spoke frankly and straightforward to Wilson, then turned my head to the still stunned Fukugen and asked him about his 'prop, before reassuring him about our future spar. The burly black haired man stepped up and out of his stupor, then started speaking with a wide smirk. "Yeah, same as Kilua, if I'm to get ordered, I refuse. But if I still have my freedom, I definitely agree. Also Kilua, haha, even if you used your ability, I doubt you could win against my herculean body and strong regeneration." Wilson pondered for a bit, then agreed to our 'conditions' and disappeared back into the elevator from before, with his agents following right behind him.

 

A few seconds after Wilson had left, the female registerer came up to me slightly trembling with a single card in her outstretched arms. I put my hand underneath the card and flicked it high up into the air, then grabbed the wrists of the woman and lightly spun her over to me. She landed and leaned into my arm with a visible blush on her face and her head down. "Don't be afraid of me, I won't hurt you. Actually, I'd like to have you as a maid in the new territory I just gained, do you accept?" She looked up to me cutely and spoke softly the next moment. "R-Really? T-Then o-okay..." I smiled slightly at her, and brought her up on her feet out of my arm. I turned back to Fukugen and saw him grinning playfully and mischievously, but I ignored it and walked towards the front door. Fukugen followed behind me with a calm and friendly smile as I and him walked out of the association room.

I'm not completely sure about this one, but I hope if read it, you liked it. :-)

Also, I'm taking it kind of slow with the ability copying and stuff since he can almost immediately know how to use the assimilated abilities, it's a cheat, and it's OP, so I'm trying not to go too fast with it. Peace out...

 

17