Chapter 18 – Name
2.9k 11 109
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zmeya’s POV

“Boring…”

I muttered as I threw the last popcorn into my mouth and threw the container away.

It has been an hour after I spotted the Evil Magical Girl in the distance. The girl kept advancing to the Hydro city, but she advanced so slow that she only reached half of the distance to the Hydro City from her previous location in an hour!

I can reach the city in a minute from her location, which takes her so long! I knew that she gathered the Beast that she encountered on her way, but still, it took too long!

“Zayats, amuse this one. It was so boring that this one has gotten sleepy.”

“Amuse you, Master? Do you want me to dance or sing?”

“Do you think this one is a king or something with a weird hobby? This one prefers you to not dance or sing in the open, hold it until you are in the room with This one only.”

“Yes, Master! I will only dance and sing when there is no one beside us!” Exclaimed Zayats happily.

“Now, This one is bored. The girl had entered The Center with Magiya Emerald, while the Evil Magical Girl still take her time to walk. Why don’t you get some beast to give to the Evil Magical Girl? This one wanted to test the extent of your strength too.”

“Are you sure, Master? Which type of Beast should I collect for you?”

I put my right elbow on the armrest and rested my head on my hand.

“Garmr is enough. This one shall visit The Center in the time you are collecting the beast, be quick.”

As soon as I said that, Zayats kicked the air and went in the direction of the Evil Magical Girl in the distance. It was really boring, so I floated and kept the chair in my Inventory Mirror and descended to the ground.

When I landed on the ground, I used the earring again and turned back into my camouflaged form. I put on my hoodie and walked to the entrance.

The guard in the entrance was the same one from when I entered the city for the first time. That was why he was a bit surprised when he saw me, maybe it was because he didn’t realize the time when I exited the city.

“Do you need to scan me again?” I asked the guard with a displeased tone.

I shall not call my haughty personality Zmeya’s personality again. It was surely suppressed by my earring, but after I observed Zayats, I understood that my personality was really blended with Zmeya. When I didn’t wear my earring, it was just my desire that was released, and I didn’t have a break to stop what I did.

“Unfortunately, that’s the regulation.” The guard answered me with a smile and then pulled out the scanning device.

It scanned me and the result was clear. He allowed me to enter and I didn’t waste even a second talking to the guard again.

I made my way towards The Center, mainly pushed by my curiosity and boredom. I wanted to ask the Main Character’s name, and I wanted to see her struggling her way to the top.

All Magical Girl had the same base power. Their patron’s power didn’t affect their base strength, as their patron only gave them a weapon to allow them to utilize Magia. There were some exceptions though, some gifted one was able to grow faster than the others. The Main Character was like that.

Blessed with the rarest element from her patron, and she was able to grow faster because of her talent. It was unfair for some, but that was life. Life was unfair, it was a bitch. It was one of my reason for doing as I pleased, I won’t be chained to life or fate.

I arrived in front of The Center after walking for a few minutes. The guards of The Center were replaced by real humans, two of them were on a lookout as their eyes darted to the left and right repeatedly.

I approached the guards with a smile on my face. They were looking at me and treated me as a curious child.

“Can I enter?” Unlike the first time where I killed them after blocking me, I asked them nicely this time.

One of the guards crouched to match my gaze and extended his hand, trying to pat me. I stepped back, causing him to pull his hand away with a disappointed expression. He put his right hand on the ground and smiled.

“Sorry, little lady. This area is prohibited for the outsider who is not a Magical Girl or someone from Council. Maybe you can enter The Center if you become a Magical Girl in the future.”

The guard said with a kind tone, as I had expected from someone who worked under the Council.

“Is that so? So it’s not a problem if I enter as a Magical Girl?” I asked the guard in front of me as my hand slowly reached out for my earring.

“Yes, it’s no problem.” Answered the guard as he stood up again.

I took my earring off and changed into my Magical Girl appearance again.

“So, This one will be allowed to enter The Center, right?” I grinned at the guard, causing them to be surprised by my sudden appearance.

I called a small Inventory Mirror and put the earring inside the mirror.

The guards immediately pulled their weapon, a handgun, as the guard in front of me jumped back.

“What are you planning?!” Asked the guard that jumped back earlier.

“As This one said, This one wanted to enter The Center. Are you deaf?”

The guards looked at each other before they nodded their heads at the same time.

“Please wait here, I will ask Magiya Emerald to get her confirmation.”

Finally, a satisfying answer. I put my hands on my hips and raised my chin a little as I said.

“Umu! Ask her. Tell her that This one, Zmeya, wanted to enter The Center for a while.”

The guard nodded his head and run inside the center, leaving the guard that talked to me earlier standing guard alone with me in front of him.

After a while, the guard came back with Aria who dressed as Magiya Emerald together with another Magical Girl behind her.

The new Magical Girl had sleeveless white frilly clothes, holding a rather luxurious white wand with a big red gem inside a circle on the tip of the wand. She had the same hair and eye color as the Main Character that I met on my first day in this world.

‘You’ve come, Main Character.’

The guard stood in his post again as Magiya Emeral approached me with a serious face, followed by the Main Character.

“What are you doing here, Zmeya? I thought you are going away?”

The Main Character that stood behind her was looking at me with a confused face. I smiled at her, and she blushed, her face turned red.

“This one is here to meet the girl behind you.”

Magiya Emerald narrowed her eyes as she shielded the Main Character with her right hand, attempting to protect her from me.

I just smiled at the Main Character while ignoring Magiya Emerald. The Main Character was confused by Magiya Emerald’s behavior and looked at me with a worried face.

I stepped forward and approached the Main Character. Magiya Emerald still narrowed her eyes and stepped in front of me. However, I dodged her and easily passed her.

After I reached the Main Character, I held her chin with my right hand and brought her face closer to mine. Because she was taller than me, she bent her body to match my gaze.

I looked straight at her eyes and asked.

“Say, what’s your name, girl from another world?”

The Main Character’s eyes widened in surprise. Magiya Emerald who trying to stop me from behind stopped in her track.

“How? How do you know that? She just told me a moment ago, and she never met anyone other than her Giant’s Patron in this world!” Shouted Magiya Emerald.

The guards understood that what we talked about earlier was a secret. They looked away from us, trying to not listen to our conversation.

“This is where you are wrong, Magiya Emerald.” I said with a haughty tone as I smiled at the Main Character.

“This one was the one who found this girl lying unconscious on the edge of the world. So girl, tell me. What is your name?”

The Main Character gulped her saliva after I asked her the second time. She was nervous because I held her chin, but she trying to appear strong, befitting the Main Character.

“My name is Vega, Amamiya Vega. And my Magical Girl name is Raylight, Magiya Raylight.”

“Vega, huh? The brightest star of the northern constellation of Lyra, a good name.”

The Main Character, Vega, was surprised again. She must have never thought that I knew the origin of her name because, in this world, there was no star in the sky.

I released her and then turned around. I had achieved my objective, so it was time for me to leave.

“Wait!” When I was about to walk away, Vega stopped me. I glanced at her over my shoulder, waiting for her to speak.

“Who are you?”

I smugly smile at Vega and turned my head away.

“This one is Zmeya!” I spread my arms as if I was trying to hug something.

“Remember this well Vega, no, Magiya Raylight! This one is not your enemy nor your ally! This one is a free spirit, This one will do whatever she wants! So, don’t concern yourself with this one as your enemy had approached this city.”

After my short speech, I flew away to the sky and shouted.

“This one hope for another meeting, don’t die here, Magiya Raylight!”


5 advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Patréon: www.patréon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

109