True Immortal Sightings Report #8: The Forgotten Ones
89 7 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Report #8

Name: The Forgotten Ones

Other Titles: Ghosts of The Past, Creatures of Time's Memories

 

 

Danger Level - None

Appearance - Semi-Transparent, unknown and intangible creatures that may resemble long-extinct, long-forgotten creatures that only Time Herself remembers.

 

 

First-person View of an encounter:

" We're here Smash. The monsters are over there. We have not engaged them yet." 

I moved my gaze to where my teammate had pointed. Seeing the semi-transparent creatures that I had come for, I took a step forward and drew my bow, gathering energy into the arrow as I did so. Chaos energy to be precise. When I felt that the energy I had gathered is sufficient, I released my arrow. I watched as it passed right through the creature destroying the ground beneath it.

The creature made no reactions other than to adjust its legs to accommodate for the newly destroyed ground. Lowering my left arm, the bow arm, I raised my right to scratch my chin.

" Hey, man! I think I know what that thing is! If I'm not wrong, I think those are The Forgotten Ones. Mister Fa... I mean I read that they are docile, so there should be no risks building that new settlement."

Josh, our resident rogue, poison master and assassin, walked up to me and put his arm on my shoulder. 

" I that so? Why don't you take one more shot? Maybe you missed it", he said in a joke-like manner. Smiling I decided to humour him. I raised my bow, pulling an arrow out of the quiver on my back as I did so. Confidently, I nocked the arrow and started gathering energy into it.

*Cough* Watching as the meteorite steel tip of a dagger exit my chest, I preemptively let go of the arrow I was charging with energy.

" Hah! First time you've missed Smash. Now be good and die."

I felt the pain of another dagger stabbing into my throat. I closed my eyes excepting my first death. Man, seriously? My first death was from a literal backstab... Damn it! Naia is so gonna laugh up a fit when I get back to Athana!

1