1.- Near death experience
1k 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm dying and I just realized that I've wasted my life.

My name is Octavius, I'm from a clan of blacksmiths, and I dedicated my life to excel at blacksmithing, when I was a kid instead of playing with everyone else, I stayed inside and studied, And when I was a teen the few friends I had were already in relationships, but I occupied myself smithing, my friends Septimus and Novena already have a kid!

Now I have nothing to show for the 20 years I have lived beyond half a dozen spears, 3 swords, and a few thousand nails. Just because I was a dumbass and tripped, then hit my head on an anvil.

Damn, everything is going dark...

* * *

I open my eyes, and I find myself in a familiar place.

I'm in my room, I also immediately notice my shirt is slightly unbuttoned.

"I didn't die?" I say as I start buttoning up my shirt.

"Hahaha! You are one lucky bastard! I found you on the workshop before you bleed out too much!" I see a big burly man with bronze skin, he has a very thick beard but no hair.

"Master?"

"Geez Octo, I was very worried, you know!?" and beside him I see a girl I'm very familiar with, Sexta, she and I meet eye to eye at 1.64m, I've known her all my life, she has short black hair and snow-white skin, and if not for her very feminine face you could confuse her for a boy.

It seems I was being a little dramatic, but I still have something to say.

"Haha! Try to rest, will ya? I have other stuff to do" Master starts to leave the room.

"Wait! Master I have something to tell you!"

"?"

"I want to leave and explore the world!"

"W-what are you saying?... There's monsters and bandits outside the clan's walls!"

"Hahahaha! Did that hit leave you retarded? it's just as the lass says."

I'm not backing down on this "I'm completely serious."

"Hmph, even if you are, with that injury you're not going anywhere." Master then closed his eyes and started thinking for a moment. "Rest for a week and give this some serious thought, these kinds of things shouldn't be done in a whim."

"Master, you can't be serious!" Sexta looked really sad, is it bad if I think she looks kind of cute like that?

"Haha! When a man gets serious nobody can stop them lass!" Master looks unusually happy "Even if I told Octo he can't, if he set his mind to it, he'll just run away!"

"But! -"

"Let's leave the poor guy to rest." Master said with a tone that said, this is final.

"Fine..."

After that both of them left the room, and before too long, I close my eyes and go to sleep.

13