Chapter 3: Parth Vincent
112 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I remembered my father's words that day. 

"You are special, I know that." 

He said to me, full of seriousness. 

He knew me, what made me special. 

Because I'm his son, and he's my father. 

I accepted it already. 

***

I am a reincarnator.

I remembered my past life when I turned at the age of five. 

Nevertheless, I threw it all away. Locked it in the deepest corners of my mind. 

Although the older me heavily influenced my thinking and manner, I didn't try to delve into my previous life. 

As a result, although I knew parts of my previous life, only surface thoughts and common sense of the previous world was ingrained into me. 

I am satisfied with my life here. I have a family, and siblings to look forward to. 

I am still Parth Vincent. Not another person. 

Although I could ask myself if the previous me is also me, it would just leave a trail of philosophy that I don't like. 

I decided to just leave it at that. 

My siblings are adorable, I should pinch them later. 

Days continued flowing without my notice. 

A year had passed. 

I am now six years old. 

One year step for a boy, one light-year step for an alien... Or something my previous life said. 

I just discovered that we're a family of unnamed nobles. 

There's also named nobles. Logic. 

Well, what's the difference between the two? 

I don't know. They didn't teach me anything besides language and literature. 

A little bit of cleaning magic too. 

It's white magic subclass called lifestyle magic. Pretty neat. 

By the way, they don't have math in this world. 

It was interesting... Saying that they only knew. 

I didn't know that this world's magic worked on automatic.

I could raise many questions about how did they make the magic, but I'll probably explode my itty-bitty no mana-infused brain into pieces. 

The food here is pretty developed too. I definitely liked the ice cream. 

If it's my kid body talking, I don't care. They're delicious. 

They have chocolates that didn't taste like chocolate, interesting... Did they name it wrong? 

It felt like vanilla is the one that tasted like chocolate. 

This is going to mess up my previous' life common sense. 

Anyways, I got sidetracked. Ice creams are the best.

My family stopped serving me those weird liquid once I stepped into my sixth year. 

I rarely heard the maids talk about the weird liquid, so could only take few information from them. 

I tried my best understanding most of it, but I can only guess most of it. 

It's something most nobles feed their kids until they reach six years. 

In simple words, a booster. 

In my past life, a booster gives a person faster development due higher metabolism and immunity to most diseases. 

They only developed a booster when the science there reached the peak. 

I wonder what did they do to develop boosters this early? 

Well, I guess there's magic to substitute for the complicated formula of the booster. 

While we nobles have boosters to develop faster, I doubt commoners can have them. 

I did discover that they can work for merits by doing jobs without salary. They can spend the merits to buy bottles of booster in the center.

It made me realize how lucky I am with this family. 

Well, I am glad that I became a part of family. I'm not going to deny that. 

It's relieving to see at least a path for commoners to have the same treatment as a noble, albeit for a short time. 

My old world cleared the line between those genetically superior to those "lesser" when the technology reached its peak. 

For a long time, discrimination ruled.

Well, it didn't stop even before, so it just became open once the arrogant rose up. 

I can't say anything about that. 

I'm not proud of it, being a member of that society. 

Time continued to flow. 

I am now eight years old. 

I was educated early. 

It started when I turned seven, and ended when I turned eight this year. 

This too, is one of the perks of being a noble. 

Apparently, the kingdom only starts educating children when they reach the age of ten. 

Their condition for education concerns me, but I can't do anything for now. 

I did learn many things when I was seven, but only few stuck into my head. 

The four absolute directions.

The human nation at the north; Ruled by humans. 

Heavenly tribe at the south; ruled by monsters. 

Nature's passage at the west; ruled by elves. 

Lastly, Demigod burial at the east; ruled by the 'demi' species.

The named nobles.

There are many houses in the human nation, but only few stand out. 

One of them is the Parvian house, famous for it's swordsmanship. They have a sword technique that ranks as one of the best out there. 

The Lappet house, a family known for it's knowledge and execution of machinery. Most new inventions are spearheaded by them. 

The Malpere house, known for it's magic. Both white and black magic in the human nation are controlled by them. They have the best bloodline for mana. 

The Vincent house is famous for its spear techniques, and I could only say that. 

I did get educated about other nobles, but apparently, they can only start teaching me the basics of spear when I turn ten years old. 

I'm not angry though. 

I have a little sister named Alpen. 

Alpen Vincent. 

Weird name for a girl, but it's weirder for me to be remembering my past life. 

It is a different world after all. 

Routing back to topic, she's now currently six years old. 

I did have many other siblings, since polygamy is allowed in this world. 

We are a noble, so it's probably normal for multiple wives and concubine. 

I am impressed by my hardworking father, I cannot express enough. 

Alpen Vincent is the only one that took my attention. 

Don't worry, I love my siblings almost equally. 

Almost, because no one is perfect enough for that. 

Bias and favouritism could only be minimised, not removed. 

Anyways, I am biased to believe Alpen more than the others, since she's a special kid. 

Our family house are being occupied by eighty percent of spear users. With the rest of nineteen point ninety-nine without talent. No offense. 

Nineteen point ninety-nine because there's a girl that's more talented with a sword, rather than a spear, in this family. 

That is Alpen Vincent. My little sister. 

When I was studying history and culture with my tutor, I passed by the armory.

I could hear gasps of surprises, and excited yelps inside the building. 

Of course, I adventured with my curiosity beside me. We went inside. 

A little girl wearing a white dress wandered around the room of weapons excitedly. 

Although the Vincent family is specialised with the spear, it didn't mean that the armory only had spears. 

That would be dumb. 

I could see her pausing everytime she saw a weapon, sometimes gasping, yelping, and even disappointment. 

I did wonder if a child at the age of five could make a face like that... There was proof though. 

Shields, bows, blades, daggers, spears, and many more. 

Alpen looked through it all. 

Only one weapon only took her whole focus. 

The sword. 

She stopped to stare at it for more than a minute, just to pick the whole thing out. 

I saw her swinging the sword. 

It was a full fledged iron sword. 

I was shocked when I saw it. 

How could such a small body handle a sword?

The balance is heavily against her. 

Nevertheless, I saw her innocent face turn into a bright smile.

It was the face of a child that found a good toy. 

It was the start of a new generation. 

It was stunning. 

6