Chapter 11 – The Tournament Blitz Pt. 1
1.4k 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The room was dark... cheers of spectators above, muffled by the wooden gate, I waited as the stage prepares for the fights that only happens once a year.

I was wearing a black cloak... even when the scorching heat of the sun surrounds the arena, I wanted to give the audience their fun, especially the Nobless...

With Chrome, who morphed into a knife with a length. comparable to that of a short sword, I steeled myself gripping tightly on my companion.. The chains on the wooden gate tensed and light crawls to the floor reaching to my feet, my chest... and then my eyes.

I walked out and the screams of excited spectators fill the air...

From a distance I see my opponent, Big, muscular and wielding a large sword, flat at the tip yet sharp on the sides. 

He taunts me reflecting its steel on my eyes, with his grin and eyes covered by a metal helmet masking his jitter as if a predator aching to kill his prey...

I looked to the side and on a platform surrounded by voice enhancing magic circles, was a Woman who looks as cheery as she is sexy... (come on now, focus!)

"ladies!! and gentlemen!! today we commence the 4th annual fight of today's tournament, we have on the Left side the Black knife wielding, assassin Veeerrroooonnn!!!" 

As the emcee announces my name, the crowd mixed it's cheers with disappointment and insults...

"And on the right we have GULVARIS!!! THE SWORD BEHEMOTH!!!"

The cheers turned to noise, the screams deafening and seeing Gulvaris he was all pleased...

"We have no time to spare we have to cut short to the chase! lets get this duel STARTED!!!"

And karate chopping the air, a loud bang hit the air and the duel has commenced.

Gulvaris wasted no time and charged towards aiming to connect his large sword to my neck, closing the distance and stomping the ground he swings his sword, cutting the adversary before him..., he falls to the ground the man in cloak...

The crowd gasped in silence, the people holding their mouths.

The cloak was cut in half, but it seems the body was not there...

Gulvaris, confused turned and looked around, seeing nothing but the brown yellow earth of the arena...

Slash!

a cut on the back, he turned around and sees a humanoid figure with his shirtless body invisible in yellow.

Using Thief's mask I changed all the color of my torso to my head to camouflage me within the surroundings...

The Crowds Cheers!!!

Gulvaris the Behemoth Swings once again yet he lost his prey over and over, with every swing of his sword a new cut on his body was formed, tired and wounded, Gulvaris panted but his strength not waning...

We were once again at a distance I looked at the crowd, eyeing for the Nobless and there at the top with clear view I saw her and gave the nobless a smile, her expression surprised and gestures a whisper to the person beside her.

I turned my face to my raging opponent, held out my arm with palms open towards him.

His face unwavering he charges once again, aiming for my neck.

In tense motion, I closed my palms forming into a fist, choking an invisible neck.

The Sword Behemoth stops on his tracks, dropping his large sword and gasping for air.

He falls to his knees holding on to his neck, his eyes bulging out and foam coming out his mouth.

Gulvaris the Sword Behemoth, breath his last... on the ground.

It took a few moments for the emcee to announce the winner, everyone was in awe even the Nobless... it must have been some kind of magic that they never saw before.

I was already leaving the scene picking up what's left of my cloak and went back to my entrance.

The emcee raises her voice "And the Winner for the 4th battle today is Veerrrrooooonnnn!, the knife wielding assassin!!!"

cheers were once again muffled as I walked further inside, Corelia with Rimmed glasses attended to me and picked up the tattered cloak, thanking her I grabbed her breast and gave it a squeeze... Ruck with his arm in a bandage gave me a thumbs up... but I know it was all superficial...

My past was once again catching up to me... my cheerful self, my facade that I still keep even fools me sometimes but I know what kind of horrible monster I really am...

"Whoa!!! Veron! I didn't know you joined the Tournament!"

A cute familiar voice echoed from the distance, it was Puree the Demi-human cat girl from before, but this time her armor was replaced with something more casual and her smile more cheerful than the last.

"I was sooo amazed by your fight today!!! when I heard the emcee announced your voice I knew immediately it was you."

I could only smile wearily and scratch the back of my head to her flattery.

"Seriously how did you that!? like seriously that last move was super cool! I've never seen anything like that before!"

"Oh that! well..." I winked at her, "that's a secret!"

"Owwwwwww come on tell me!"

Even if I told her she wouldn't understand a lick of what I'm saying and besides, it was a long preparation.

Making Ruck break his arm was only the start, we had to help him introduce me as his replacement in the register, fortunately he didn't have one beforehand. while on the other hand Corelia well... she has been very busy.

I've been using her to sleep with many of the combatants, around 9 of the 16 in total, all of which are under my control... thankfully the next two combatants are under my thumb, just like what I did with Gulvaris the Sword Behemoth who did his part perfectly.

Unfortunately from the other side of the combatants there was one who I couldn't convince into sleeping with Corelia but by the looks of it they won't even pass the next round considering all of this chivalrous ass wipes aren't very strong looking, oh well...

While Puree was chatting with me, describing over and over again the fight that just occurred, a woman with sharp condescending eyes brandishing a very formal looking uniform approached us, together with two female guards at her side.

Puree looked in shock and stood firmly towards her, while I leered at her from head to toe checking her out.

"Are you Veron the Assassin?" she asks politely.

 "Yeah I'm that guy and who are you?"

"I'm sorry I should have introduced myself first, I am Eldritch the High commander of Olken's personal army and I am here to tell you that the Nobless Aria has requested an audience with you."

Puree's jaw dropped, while I remained unfazed... because I was actually aiming for this, that is why I looked at the Nobless during the fight to catch her attention.

"I gladly accept, but on one condition."

"if it is within reason, what is it?"

"Can I bring her with me?" and I pointed to Puree.

The cute demi-human girl's face brightened in shock but returns again to her firm pose.

"The cat demi-human? no problem, though in return the Nobless wishes to chat with you privately."

"No qualms about it..." holding my hands in agreement.

"Good... The nobless wishes to see you tonight at the castle."

After telling me what was needed to be told, she left, followed by the two female guards..

.

.

.

It was already night and I was dropped off at the gate with Puree leaving Ruck and Corelia behind...

As the gates open, the 2 rows of guards marched outside and at the end of the of line I see Aria Freud attended by the High Commander beside her.

I tread forward with my best smile, followed by Puree..

In the next couple of days, this castle, the owner and her people will be mine...

 

11