Chicken (2)
404 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yang Zhang stared at the rooster in front of him. He acknowledged that the rooster must've been mutated. It might not be a physical mutation, but it should be similar to what happened with Chestnut.

The rooster was either mutated naturally by the virus or ate a Mana bead, just like Chestnut before.

Now, Yang Zhang regretted his decision to stupidly snatch the chicks and let the mother hen chase him. He should've just snatched and gotten the fuck out with Little Ivy.

But oh well, things had been done, and he was in a pinch right now. Surrounded by angry mobs of junglefowl, he thought that he would be pecked to death soon.

"Those endless hours of playing Zelda should've taught me something," Yang Zhang said as he looked around. "Don't fucking mess with the chicken."

The situation was tense, those chicken eyes were ready to peck him to death anytime soon, one wrong move, and he would be the dinner today.

He couldn't use Little Ivy in this position because the vines would only get pecked by the chicken.

He also couldn't use Chestnut because there were just way too many, and there was no way to zap everyone simultaneously.

And he couldn't run either. These jungle fowls could outrun and even flew above his head.

So there was only one way out. He wasn't sure if this would work, but this was his only chance.

He took out the Mana bead in his pocket. Little Ivy and Chestnut didn't want this at all, so the only one who could consume this was himself.

He gulped, he was afraid that swallowing the Mana bead would kill him, but it should be more honourable than dying getting pecked by hundreds of Jungle fowls.

"Here goes nothing," Yang Zhang closed his eyes and swallowed the Mana bead with one gulp.

Ba-Dump.

His eyes widened instantly as he felt a strong jolt all over his body. He could hear his own heartbeat, and gradually, he lost his strength. He fell on his knees while grasping his heart.

He also felt very nauseous, as if he had tasted something too disgusting that he was about to puke it out.

"Urk!" Yang Zhang quickly closed his mouth with his hands, trying his best not to puke out the Mana bead.

Little Ivy and Chestnut panicked. They tried to check on their master. They were scared that something had happened to him, and even worse, they were scared that Yang Zhang would be maimed to death here.

"Vii! Vii! Vi!!"

"Squeak! Squeak!"

The rooster saw the enemy already kneeling on the ground and took this as an opening. The rooster's chest puffed up again and gave out the signal to attack.

'COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!'

With that signal, the loud voices from the jungle fowls filled the forest as they jumped from the trees and lunged towards Yang Zhang.

In only three seconds, Yang Zhang's body had been piled by hordes of junglefowl, ready to peck and poke his skin and eyeballs.

"RAAAARGGHH!"

BOOM!

The loud growl, followed by an explosion from inside, shocked all the jungle fowls which hadn't reached Yang Zhang yet.

Yang Zhang got up full of vigour, he clenched his fist, and a flame magically engulfed his fist.

Turned out, the original owner of the Mana bead was a fire ability user. However, Yang Zhang felt it was a bit different from regular flamethrower-type fire ability.

"Chestnut, Ivy, are you two okay?"

"Vii!" Little Ivy smiled

"Squeak!" Chestnut got excited and jumped to Yang Zhang's shoulder again. "Squeak, squeak?"

"Ah, this ability? It's a fire ability, but there is something different here. Look at this," Yang Zhang loosened his clenched fist, and the fire died down. But when he clenched his fist again, the fire summoned on his hand.

He looked at the big rooster who was the commander of this jungle fowl, "Look at this, Chestnut, Ivy. I will show you how this works."

Yang Zhang widened his leg in a stance and punched the air towards the rooster and hen's direction.

The fire on his fist was launched as a projectile towards the rooster and hen, and they backed off.

"See, this fire ability is only usable when I'm moving. This fits for a martial artist more than me, honestly," Yang Zhang said since he knew that he wasn't really a great fighter. "I call this ability...

Dynamic fire. -

After the attack, the rooster got heated and commanded the army of jungle fowls again, 'COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!'

The jungle fowls followed the instruction and started attacking again, but whenever they were about to get near, Yang Zhang quickly scared them off with his fire.

"Hyat!" Yang Zhang kicked the air where the attack came from, and the junglefowl was forced to back off.

"Heh, come here, and you will be my evening snack!" Yang Zhang taunted, and the rooster commander signalled once more.

'COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!'

"Hya! Hyat! Aaargh!" Yang Zhang kicked and punched left and right to send continuous fire towards the chicken, which warded them off once they realized the fire could burn them badly.

Yang Zhang continued to do random kicks and punches, which was effective, but it gradually drained his stamina since he wasn't a martial artist in the first place.

"Huff… huff… huff…."

Yang Zhang was out of breath with continuous movement. Thus, Chestnut and Little Ivy readied themselves to replace him.

"No, no, don't face them. They're too dangerous since they attack in a horde," Yang Zhang said. He was trying to find a way to end this duel because these jungle fowls were too many and too coordinated to face alone.

But before he could think of a solution, the rooster commander's chest puffed up once more, but the crow this time was different.

'COCK-A-COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!'

Yang Zhang got tense immediately because he knew the rooster was making a different command he didn't know.

Soon, he realized how the hens flew back to the branches above. They raised their butt and pointed towards Yang Zhang.

"Oh no, I think I know what they're gonna do—"

In a matter of a second, all the jungle fowl hens started shooting their egg quickly, barraging Yang Zhang with eggs.

"Ack! Egg barrage!"

16