Bear attack! (3)
231 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alright, Second Lieutenant Spicy Wing! It's only us now! Don't disappoint me and give it all that you have for your General!"

"CHIRP!"

Yang Zhang grabbed another fist-sized rock near him. This was his sole weapon for now. He was facing the furious big bear in front of him. Lt. Spicy Wing continuously kicked around the bear's feet and belly, making a burnt mark on the bear's fur, but not strong enough to actually hurt the bear.

And now, the bear didn't even care at the little chick under. It focused all its fury towards Yang Zhang.

Yang Zhang took a deep breath. It was now or never because there was no way for him to avoid this fight.

The bear unsheathed its claw again and then rushed towards Yang Zhang, attacking with its sharp claws, "GROARRR!"

Yang Zhang quickly dodged the attack by taking a step to the left. Thankfully, albeit very deadly, the bear wasn't nimble, a regular trait for a big animal.

"Spicy Wing, continue attacking!" Yang Zhang commanded.

"Chirp!"

The bear started attacking Yang Zhang relentlessly, clawing him left-right-left-right, and all of the attacks were missed because Yang Zhang quickly dodged them.

He didn't know what caused him to be reactive to such dangerous attacks from the big bear, maybe because his adrenaline was pumping right now.

Yang Zhang saw Spicy Wing's body start to emit an orange-red aura, and Yang Zhang could sense that Spicy Wing's hit would leave a wound to the bear.

"GRAARRR!"

"Huh!" Yang Zhang avoided the bear's teeth by stepping back, "Shit, that was so close!"

The bear started attacking him with its teeth. One attack and the bear would definitely shred his body.

Yang Zhang saw that Lt. Spicy Wing started making obvious bruises on the bear's feet and belly, but the bear didn't seem to notice because it was too focused on killing Yang Zhang right now.

'That heat should be enough for Spicy Wing!' Yang Zhang thought. He was quick to form a plan to take down the bear.

But he got careless for a split second. He accidentally stumbled on a small rock under his heel, making him fall backward instantly.

"Ack!" Yang Zhang's head hit the stone behind him. He gritted his teeth to endure the pain and recovered quickly. The bear charged straight at him again with its mouth open, ready to shred Yang Zhang's neck to kill him.

Yang Zhang commanded, "Spicy Wing! Jump up to the bear's body!"

"Chirp!"

Lt. Spicy Wing jumped up and landed on the neck of the bear.

"GROARRR!"

Yang Zhang clenched the fist-sized rock in his hand, and he yelled, "EAT THIS!"

Yang Zhang shoved the rock inside the bear's open mouth, and the bear was unable to bite Yang Zhang's neck because of the rock inside its mouth.

But the bear still had its claws!

The bear swung its left paw towards Yang Zhang, and the latter commanded, complete with an attack name he made on the go, "NOW, SPICY WING! DRILL ITS SKULL! "HABANERO CHICKEN KICK!"

"CHIRP! CHIRP!"

Lt. Spicy Wing followed the instruction from its General. The little chick jumped up high and then spun midair. The little chick lunched towards the bear kicked the bear's skull right between its ears.

"GRAAAAA!"

"AGAIN! KEEP KICKING UNTIL YOU CRUSHED THE SKULL!" Yang Zhang yelled out loud because the bear somehow still had enough strength and attacked Yang Zhang with its claw.

Yang Zhang had to dodge the claw by sliding under the bear's body.

"CHIRP! CHIRP! CHIRP!"

Crack! Crack! CRACK!

On the third kick from Lt. Spicy Wing, the bear's skull was finally crushed open, showing the bear's brain, and the bear let out the last grunt before its eyes rolled up and it fell to the left.

Yang Zhang's heart was beating really fast, he laid on the ground for a while to collect himself, and Lt. Spicy Wing walked towards him.

The little chick jumped to his chest and reported, "Chirp! Chirp!"

"Ah, thank you, Lieutenant… you did a great job," Yang Zhang said. He didn't expect Lt. Spicy Wing to be able to kill the bear with three kicks.

"Chirp!" Lt. Spicy Wing made a salute gesture, and the heat around its body slowly dissipated.

"Are you guys okay?" Yang Zhang patted his pocket to check on Chestnut and opened his other palm to check on Little Ivy.

"Squeak…"

"Vii…"

Little Ivy hugged Yang Zhang's arm tighter to show that she was scared, while Chestnut came out of the pocket to show it was alright.

Yang Zhang sighed in relief. He was glad both Chestnut and Little Ivy didn't seem to get severely hurt. After that adrenaline rush, he collected his strength and then got up to check on the bear.

"Hmm, Spicy Wing is the MVP here. You did a great job, Second Lieutenant," Yang Zhang praised.

"CHIRP!"

Yang Zhang looked at the dead bear with its skull open and had a question in his mind. The bear was twice his size as an adult male, and he was somehow immune to Chestnut's attack.

"Either the bear is just very resilient, or he might be another mutated animal," Yang Zhang hypothesized.

He crouched in front of the open brain of the bear. The brain started oozing out of the bear's skull, "Okay, let's check whether this bear can give us something. I wonder if this bear is actually a mutated animal, or just a tough, regular bear."

10